Update on Marcus's shoulder

2 posters

Go down

Update on Marcus's shoulder Empty Update on Marcus's shoulder

Post by beat Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:15 pm

Well the good news is that all the MRI's show no damage thus no need for surgery. He was givin a cortozone shot to ease any swelling in there.

One of the Dr's this morning after reviewing the MRI's stated that they have an excellent Physical Trainer/Therapist on site and made arrangements for us to go meet with him.

Oh man where do I start, this guy was absolutely amazing. He made time for us on a moments notice, examined the MRI's himself and looked over Marcus (with no shirt) within seconds really, he noticed things esp in how his left shoulder looked when compared to his right. Stated that due to this when he threw over time he was putting undue strain on it and began to slowly compensate for it with ever so slight changes in his delivery. Eventually he aggravated some muscles to the point of inflamation and even after months of rest all it took was a few throw to aggravate it again......
He worked with Marcus for nearly an hour... (with no appointment) Can't ask for more, plus he knows his stuff so it appears.

So we will be working with him intensely over the next few weeks and months, and if Marcus does his part by doing these exercise dilligently, he is reasonably sure that come spring he will be pitching again.

Best news I've heard in a while.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Update on Marcus's shoulder Empty Re: Update on Marcus's shoulder

Post by Sam Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:58 pm

Beat,

That definitely is some of the best news I've heard lately. I know Marcus will receive all the rehab encouragement he needs at home. Here's wishing him a thorough recovery within a reasonable time span.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down