My favorite retired basketball player

3 posters

Go down

My favorite retired basketball player Empty My favorite retired basketball player

Post by worcester Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:33 pm

I've had many favorites over the years, almost all Celtics, but my heart has really been won over by Kevin Johnson, formerly of the Phoenix Suns, now Mayor of Sacramento. It's not because he was long a champion of acupuncture, saying it was helpful in treating his hamstring ailments. No, it's because along with his wife Michelle Rhee who served as Commissioner of Education for D.C. he is working hard to upgrade educational standards, resources, and opportunities for America's children. He's a passionate advocate of improving education, and he is right. Education is the key to success for our youth, and right now our education system is failing our youth.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

My favorite retired basketball player Empty Re: My favorite retired basketball player

Post by bobheckler Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:42 pm

Right on.

I don't suppose acupuncture can stretch hamstrings, can it? Yoga would be soooooo much easier if they could.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

My favorite retired basketball player Empty Re: My favorite retired basketball player

Post by worcester Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:06 pm

Stretching for 2 seconds at a time is best. Repeat 10x. Longer provokes a contraction reflex. My trainer who worked on 20 Olympic Gold Medal Winners taught me that.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:08 pm

worse a great stretching system that I've been using for years is AIS, Active Isolated Stretch, its principles are exactly as you just stated.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:19 pm

Yes Cow, AIS is the best. Aaron Mattes created the system, and I work with his apprentice Terry Simes.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down