New member of the forum directly from Puerto Rico.

+10
RosalieTCeltics
mulcogiseng
sinus007
NYCelt
pete
bobc33
bobheckler
cowens/oldschool
Sam
international
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New member of the forum directly from Puerto Rico. Empty New member of the forum directly from Puerto Rico.

Post by international Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:19 am

Hello to all the members of this great forum;My name is Charlie and i am a diehard fan of the Celtics since 1968.I knew some members in the Boston Globe forum,speccialy one who since the first time treat me like a brother (Sam) By the way i have been missing him and his frienship for a long time because i couldnt enter in this forum until now.I am very happy to share my love to the Celtics with all of you ,and i have to tell you that i think that we have a great team,very deep and i am sure that we are going to be fighting for the championship.I want to excuse me with my grammar because english is my second language and sometimes i have problems expressing my ideas in english but i understand it perfectly.

international

Back to top Go down

New member of the forum directly from Puerto Rico. Empty Re: New member of the forum directly from Puerto Rico.

Post by Sam Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:47 am

International,

Welcome to the forum. We don't grade people on their English here. We're much more interested in what they have to share. I recall that you shared interesting opinions over a fairly long period of time at BDC. Thanks for persisting and finally being able to log on here.

All the best, and Go Celtics!

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

New member of the forum directly from Puerto Rico. Empty Re: New member of the forum directly from Puerto Rico.

Post by Sam Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:48 am

And, by the way International, I hope Hurricane Sandy doesn't give you any trouble.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:44 pm

....we don't give 2 hoots about grammer or penmanship

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by international Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:52 pm

Thanks Sam for your words,Its a pleasure for me to be in the forum.Hurricane Sandy ,thanks God only brought a lot of rain and not winds.About our beloved Celtics i am very happy with the play of Jared Sullinger,seems to me that the kid is a natural rebounder and while some people are talking about his lack of leap i want people to remember that Paul Silas was not a leaper but was was a great rebounder.Our team is deep and has great chemistry.About Ray Allen,iam dissapointed with his behavior and i am glad his gone,Courney Lee and Jason Terry are better players than him at this moment.Cowens thanks for your words too ,was missing you too .I remember having great post with you against the troll called Dudder.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by international Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:05 pm

Where is Dboss,another friend.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:37 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:....we don't give 2 shits about grammer or penmanship

cow,

Short, succinct and to the point, as always. :-)

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:38 pm

Hi International,

Welcome to the board. I look forward to reading your opinions on the Celtics, basketball and other topics.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:39 pm

international wrote:Where is Dboss,another friend.

dboss will be along soon, I don't doubt.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:35 pm

International,

Do you regularly get the Celtics on television? If not, there are websites for streaming video in our sub-forum titled "Links, Books, Media and Sam's Writings" on our home page. I'm hoping you will join us on our Game On Threads. Everybody except Cowens gets pretty excited. Cow tries to be calm at all times. (Kidding.)

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by international Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:16 pm

Thanks Bob ,I have been reading your post and i like them very much.Since you started this forum i ve been following each and everyday.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:18 pm

Welcome International, great to have you on board!

Back to top Go down

Post by international Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:21 pm

Sam i used to see the celtics via Dish Satelites but now i see the games in the computer on sport lemon tv or first row.Tell me Sam,in your opinion who should be in the starting lineup...Sullinger or Bass?

international

Back to top Go down

Post by international Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:25 pm

Thanks Bob C.Iknew from the biggining that this forum is special and all of you makes me feel very good with your words.Feel free to ask me any question about how i see our team.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:33 pm

Welcome Charlie! Great to have you with us!!

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:38 pm

international wrote:Thanks Bob ,I have been reading your post and i like them very much.Since you started this forum i ve been following each and everyday.

intl,

I didn't start this forum, sam did (ergo the name "Sam's Celtic Forum").

Thanks for the promotion though.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by international Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:15 pm

Bob,when i said you i was refering to the group.Sam invited me to be in his forum when he created it.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by international Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:17 pm

Pete thank you ,i never thought i was going to have this kind of welcome.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:15 pm

International,

Welcome to the forum!

I remember you from The Globe days and look forward to you posting here with us.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:49 pm

International,
Welcome.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:07 pm

Bienvenidos Charlie, you write English a lot better than I write Spanish!
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by international Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:09 pm

Tkanks to all of you.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:15 pm

Welcome, International. It is great to hear about fans who have loved the Boston Celtics going back to the 1960's! So you saw Russell in his last years of playing? Even then he was great!

Sam started this forum with the help of some great guys a few years ago when we were all on the Boston Globe website. It is a great place to come and bounce things off other Celtic fans.

Bring on the season!!

Rosalie

RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by hawksnestbeach Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:20 am

Just want to add my voice to the welcome wagon, International. For Celtics fans, this site is home, so welcome home!

hawksnestbeach

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:51 am

International,

Since you asked, my opinion is that the player who starts at PF should vary according to matchups. Against taller, faster opponents, I'd start Bass. (Or maybe even Green). Against stronger opponents, I'd start Sullinger.

We've also been conjecturing about who will finish games for the Celtics. That could also vary according to the competition. I'm pretty sure I'd end with the same four guys most of the time: KG at center, Green at power forward, Pierce at small forward, and Rondo at point guard. The shooting guard would depend on matchups and situations: Lee if facing a taller SG like Joe Johnson; Terry if they need perimeter shooting; Bradley (Once he's well) if they need a defensive stop.

I could also envision an end-of-game situation where they need beef (such as when a rebound is critical). My lineup then would be KG (center), Sullinger (power forward), Green (small forward), Pierce (shooting guard), and Rondo (point guard).

The different possibilities make me dizzy.

What are your opinions?

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next