New member of the forum directly from Puerto Rico.

+10
RosalieTCeltics
mulcogiseng
sinus007
NYCelt
pete
bobc33
bobheckler
cowens/oldschool
Sam
international
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New member of the forum directly from Puerto Rico. - Page 2 Empty Re: New member of the forum directly from Puerto Rico.

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:20 am

Sam just wanted to add I liked seeing Pierce at the 2 for stretches this preseason, he still has enough in the tank to overpower alot of 2's IMHO and it will save him some wear and tear as JG has the athleticism and purpose to go at the larger 3's. I like a rebounding/big defensive lineup of Darko KG Green Pierce and Rondo, I also loved the more mobile rebounding/swarming line up of Sully Bass Green Pierce and Rondo that we saw in preseason.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

New member of the forum directly from Puerto Rico. - Page 2 Empty Re: New member of the forum directly from Puerto Rico.

Post by Sam Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:23 pm

Cow,

I'd like to see some of that combo including Darko earlier in the game, but not at tne end (which is what I was talking about).

"Swarming lineup." I hadn't heard that name before, but I like it. There were numerous instances last year when they definitely "swarmed" and completely bewildered the opponents until the opponents took a time out to try to counteract it. If I had been Doc, when they called that timeout, I would have anticipated that they'd adjust by inserting better ball-handlers, and I'd have switched to the Darko lineup you mentioned. I love the matchup games.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by international Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:47 pm

Sam i think the idea of using Pierce as a shooting guard is good and the use of Jeff Green at 4 against fast team,but i would like to see Sullinger playing with Rondo and Pierce and not with the second unit.My opinion is that the second unit is going to play at a fast style that is not good for Sullinger.Playing with Rondo and Pierce will give him easy baskets.Bass wil trieve in a transition game with the second unit.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:30 pm

Sam right for playoff basketball your lineup maybe the best end of game lineup as rebounding is crucial so Sully with some added size with Green and Pierce together would definitely be formidible. I want to see Pierce and KG sit alot of 4th quarters this year and let the youngsters swarm both ends and run the opposition off the floor.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:34 pm

International, you're right about Sully's lack of speed. However, in order for the bench to fast break, someone has to get rebounds. Sully could do that. Then he could come upcourt as a trailer and, if the other Celtics are covered, he could slice down the middle for a layup. He presents Doc with some very nice decisions to make. And we shouldn't forget that he will probably spend some time at center when they go to a small lineup.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:35 pm

Cow,

It would be nice to see the younger players drive the stake in the fourth quarter. Let's hope they'll have plenty of opportunity.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by international Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:17 pm

Sam you are correct,but i dont want Sullinger playing with the second unit because those players are oriented to a shoot first past second philosophy and i rather have Sullinger playing with Rondo.The second unit should be prepare to reboun with Darko,Bass and Wilcox.I like what a combination of KG-Sullinger and Darko -Bass can bring to the team.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:21 pm

International,

It will be interesting to see what happens. I would assume that, when Wilcox is ready to play, Wilcox would get more time than Darko with the bench for the same reason you mentioned regarding Sullinger. Wilcox is very good in transition, while Darko is not.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:39 pm

International

Welcome to the board...The people that participate on this forum are my family. So welcome to the family.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by international Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:23 am

https://youtu.be/CvOLT7fjQ3Q

international

Back to top Go down

Post by international Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:27 am

That is my island,the place where i come from.This is a gift to all my friends in this forum,who are now like my family.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:49 am

Thank you, International. I've never been closer than the airport, but I've had friends who have told me all about its beauty—especially the rainforest. I didn't know about the dry parts and cactuses though.

That was a very good travelogue.

Thanks again,

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:51 am

international now I'm in the mood for some rice and beans and cafe conleche and avacado salad

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:45 pm

international

a belated welcome aboard............

Another brother.......welcome to our family

beat

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by international Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:07 pm

You are welcome.I am glad you liked it.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:16 pm

international,

Welcome to the board from the only Lakers fan that posts here on a regular basis.

We stayed at the Wyndham Rio Mar Beach Resort in Puerto Rico four years ago and loved it. The resort was beautiful and we were only minutes from the rainforest.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by international Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:19 pm

Thanks tjmakz ,we'"ll be talking about the Lakers very soon.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2