Sam
bobheckler
cowens/oldschool
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Lakers 0-2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Lakers 0-2

Post by bobheckler Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:14 pm

tjmakz wrote:I don't think shin bones get brittle when you are 38 years old.

The Lakers never said he would be out 1 week.
They said he would be out at least a week and would be re-evaluated at that time.

EL SEGUNDO - Los Angeles Lakers guard Steve Nash was examined by team doctor Steve Lombardo and had an MRI exam. Results of the MRI showed a small non-displaced fracture in the head of his fibula (left leg).

The injury occurred in the second quarter of Wednesday night’s game in Portland against the Trail Blazers. Nash is expected to be out a minimum of a week. He will be re-examined and an update on his condition will be given at that time.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/121103_nashinjurynews

TJ,

I think everything gets brittle when you get old, including patience.

What your post tells me is that the immediate symptoms were so severe that the doctors couldn't get a clear read on what they were really dealing with in a short timeframe.

That substantiates the argument that the Lakers never claimed he'd ONLY be out a week but it also substantiates the argument that this is more severe than thought.

Go West, young man. He's a headcase, but he's a proven, veteran point guard and Lord Knows you need one now. Nash won't even be able to ride a stationary bike for 2-3 weeks and that will slow down his re-integration also.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:21 pm

Bob,

Initially, they considered him day to day and after the MRI they found a small dispalced fracture. They want to give it a week and then make a final determination.

Small, displaced fractures are not that big of a deal even for a 38 year old.
Bones get brittle when you are an old person. Nash is an old player in the NBA but not an old person.

What do you mean that Nash is a headcase?
How do you know how long it will be before he rides a stationary bike?
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:53 pm

tjmakz wrote:Bob,

Initially, they considered him day to day and after the MRI they found a small dispalced fracture. They want to give it a week and then make a final determination.

Bones get brittle when you are an old person. Nash is an old player in the NBA but not an old person.

TJ,

The head case I was referring to was Delonte WEST.

As far as the stationary bike goes, I'm assuming that if you have a broken leg you are expected to stay off it and not put stress on it. That means no running and no bike until it's at least mostly better.

If he can get on a bike within a week, then I'm going to assume he'll be out 4 weeks.
bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:00 pm

btw, we should probably rename this thread since the Lakers are now 1-3.
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:03 pm

bobheckler wrote:btw, we should probably rename this thread since the Lakers are now 1-3.

We could change it to "Lakers underperforming" and probably keep it that way all year. I think they'll have more problems than many people expect. Artest actually said they'd go 73-9. In his dreams...

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:10 pm

bobheckler wrote:
tjmakz wrote:Bob,

TJ,

The head case I was referring to was Delonte WEST.

As far as the stationary bike goes, I'm assuming that if you have a broken leg you are expected to stay off it and not put stress on it. That means no running and no bike until it's at least mostly better.

If he can get on a bike within a week, then I'm going to assume he'll be out 4 weeks.
bob

We will soon find out how long Nash will be out.
Nash was walking around with no visible issues before last nights game.
It might be 1 week, it might be 4 weeks...

Delonte already had two disciplinary issues before the season started and was waived with a guaranteed contract.
There might be more to his issues that we know of.
Maybe LA would sign West if they knew Nash would be out for four weeks or more.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:12 pm

steve3344 wrote:
bobheckler wrote:btw, we should probably rename this thread since the Lakers are now 1-3.

We could change it to "Lakers underperforming" and probably keep it that way all year. I think they'll have more problems than many people expect. Artest actually said they'd go 73-9. In his dreams...

If anyone other then MWP was expecting LA to go 73-9 then the Lakers will underperform all year.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:34 pm

Hi,
Re: West. From his days in Cle the general consensus among the fans was that when he's in the grind of the season and playoffs his mental problem is completely under control and, he's tough dedicated player. I think Celtics fans won't argue much based on his days in Bos.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:46 pm

Delonte is still one of my favorite players... EVER.

I'm on record as having a high amount of respect for him due to his efforts to battle severe mental illness.. unless you've been there, you cant know how tough the fight it.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2