9 Wins Down 69 To Go

+3
Improbulus
NYCelt
7 posters

Go down

9 Wins Down 69 To Go Empty 9 Wins Down 69 To Go

Post by 112288 Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:22 pm

SO MUCH FOR GLOBAL WARMING...........C'S ICE COLD IN SHOOTING 3 PTERS 2/19!!!!!!!!

Well......where do we go from here! 3/4 last 7 games.

Let's focus on bright spots.
1) Celtics tightened up their Defense with a guy driving to the rim by collapsing 3 guys on the guy driving, unlike the last 7 games where guys would waltz in..have a drink and score.

2) Rasheed finally got a taste of what is like driving to the rim and score. He made some nice drives in the 4th Q and he made some great defensive stops with some block shots.

3) KG is back Defensively with some great plays causing turnovers and some blocked shots! He's back lets not use the excuse of his operation any more please!

4) Celtic Offense attacking the paint 1st Q 4/10, 2ndQ 5/9, 4th Q 8/12

5) Celtics made the most of their free throws going 16/18

Now For The Not So Good

1) Another bad 1st Q by the Celtics that really was the game. The Celtics had no offensive ball movement. They get into this 1 on 1 funk offense and they go no where. No energy. No ball movement. Only when Rondo gets them moving in the transition run and gun game does the Celtics Offensive come alive with multiple passing and movement.

2) Celtics work so hard on Defensive Stops only to turn the ball over or take silly shots.They never
capitalize on their hard work! Especially with some sloppy turn overs towards the end of the 2nd Q.

3) Celtics get sucked into a 3 pt shooting game instead of working for the sure 2 pts. I've seen them too many times this year do the same thing. They are not Orlando in this part of the game.

4) Why not use Daniels more with the starting 5 rotation when they could use some defensive stops.
At least bring him in and try to stop momentum by the other team especially in the first! Doc waits too long.

Side Note

Celtics shot 34.5% from field and 10.5% from 3 pt land.

Celtics had a commanding lead in turnovers Celtics 12 vs. Orlando 21

Celtics lead in O RB with 14 vs. Orlando 7 & D RB 29 vs 35 for Orlando

Danny/Doc Wyc will not put up with this much longer...Look for a multiple man trade soon!
There are I am sure a lot of finger pointing in the locker room...perhaps Perks article in the globe
is starting to come home to roost!

Back to top Go down

9 Wins Down 69 To Go Empty Re: 9 Wins Down 69 To Go

Post by NYCelt Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:04 am

I think 2 & 3 under "Not So Good" are what ultimately cost us the game.

That and this simple bottom line; we got beat by what is presently a better team.

Let's see if we can start working our way back to where we should be against the Knicks.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Improbulus Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:09 am

I am shocked at how much the Celtics are "laboring" for their points. It seems as if every bucket they score comes only after some tremendous effort on the part of one of the players, but there are no easy baskets lately. Meanwhile, the other teams have been making it look much easier on offense. They look like they have forgotten what it means to "flow." Is it just me, or does it look that way to others too?

Improbulus

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:12 am

Improbulus wrote:I am shocked at how much the Celtics are "laboring" for their points. It seems as if every bucket they score comes only after some tremendous effort on the part of one of the players, but there are no easy baskets lately. Meanwhile, the other teams have been making it look much easier on offense. They look like they have forgotten what it means to "flow." Is it just me, or does it look that way to others too?

Could not agree with you more. We look like a division 2 college team at times on defense.

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:13 am

NYCelt wrote:112288,

I think 2 & 3 under "Not So Good" are what ultimately cost us the game.

That and this simple bottom line; we got beat by what is presently a better team.

Let's see if we can start working our way back to where we should be against the Knicks.

Regards

I can only hope that we catch a breeze in our sail come Sunday as this ship is headed to the rocks!

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

Improbulus,

Nice to see you here...Welcome!

It's not just you, by the way. I think part of the reason it looks so labored is that the outside shooting has been so bad and we're watching several players work to get to the rim. No flow? I think you're right on that one too.

I'm thinking the Knicks game is coming at the right time. Sometimes it's not practice but rather playing your way back to form.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:35 am

One of the things the Celtics are not doing is breaking the flow of the other teams offense. It is little things especially on the transition part of the game where you force a guy wide here, force a guy to dribble there, cut down lanes, poke a ball out so they have to reset. That is what made the Celtic great the last few years....the little things.

Perhaps its age....perhaps its mental....Time will tell.

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:53 am

I aint bugged by tonights game. We fought hard. We just didn't hit any threes and couldn't get over the hump. The Magic did. I like a ton of what I saw tonight.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Improbulus Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:18 am

NYCelt wrote:Improbulus,

Nice to see you here...Welcome!

It's not just you, by the way. I think part of the reason it looks so labored is that the outside shooting has been so bad and we're watching several players work to get to the rim. No flow? I think you're right on that one too.

I'm thinking the Knicks game is coming at the right time. Sometimes it's not practice but rather playing your way back to form.

Regards

Thanks for the nice welcome! I am just hoping that the Celtics soon decide to impose THEIR wills on the other teams again. It looks like they don't know what they want to do with the ball these days!

Improbulus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:25 am

Improbulous,

I just want to add my welcome to this forum. I hope you find it as rewarding as many others seem to regard it.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Improbulus Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:48 am

Thanks Sam. When it's time to pay, I'll gladly do it just because I enjoy reading all of the great posts on this board.

Improbulus

Back to top Go down

Post by Improbulus Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:54 am

112288 wrote:One of the things the Celtics are not doing is breaking the flow of the other teams offense. It is little things especially on the transition part of the game where you force a guy wide here, force a guy to dribble there, cut down lanes, poke a ball out so they have to reset. That is what made the Celtic great the last few years....the little things.

Perhaps its age....perhaps its mental....Time will tell.

I think you make a good point here. Instead of trying to make the big or spectacular plays, it's the little details that add up to wins.

Improbulus

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:29 am

I had the pleasure of missing the first quarter.

Actually I was pleased with the defensive effort the rest of the way. We got back into the game with plenty of time left and if I recall we actually tied it with several minutes left on the clock. We forced turnovers duing these minutes and were getting inside looks and somewhat easier hoops. In this time House hit a three. The second and last for the C's. Orlando made a couple of tough shots. Pierce had Carter covered as well as possible but Vince made a 15 foot baseline fade.

Now this stretch also employed House for Rondo and Sheed for a 5 foul Perk who really was a NON factor. to go with KG PP RA.

This is another game which we did not see Rondo during crunch time?
What gives?

Yeah perhaps a couple of those threes after House made the last were ill advised but also they were pretty wide open looks.

We lost at home to a good team. We let them get to far infront early but we got back in with plenty of time left and by getting good "CLOSE" shots. We took care of the ball but had a couple of bad turnovers in the key time of the 4th.

I saw a bit more energy but in my opinion we need to get Rondo out there when the game is on the line, bad shot or no bad shot. He is the spark that can get easy looks for his mates. No reason to panic but certainly cause for concern.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:26 pm

Hi,
Being a chronic optimist I'd say that the last night game wasn't so bad.
First and foremost, there was a desire to win. Second, defence worked as it supposed to. The only negative point was the team shooting. I understand when one player gets cold and no matter what he does the shots are not going in. Yesterday you could apply it practically to everyone on the Celtics side. I hope in the next game one or more shooters in green will be warm if not hot.
As for Rondo, he needs to hire a shrink to make him believe that every shot he does, esp. 3-pointer, doesn't matter, it's like a practice: just shoot and don't care if it falls or not.
Thank you very much,
AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:53 pm

Beat

You said exactly how I feel. I was encouraged by what I saw. The offense just couldn't get us over the hump and Carter just hit some great shots. Well defended. As well as shots can be defended. Sometimes they just hit em.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down