Bleacher Report Garbage Time

+2
worcester
bobheckler
6 posters

Go down

Bleacher Report Garbage Time Empty Bleacher Report Garbage Time

Post by bobheckler Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:41 pm

Wow. If bullshit were coin of the realm this guy would Bill Gates. Check these proposed trades out, ranked least helpful to most helpful. I think the word "helpful" refers to his paycheck for writing this trash. Then again, maybe some of you agree with him. Well, if so, speak up!

And now, to the count down!

6. Eric Maynor, Hasheem Thabeet, Daniel Orton for Courtney Lee and Chris Wilcox. The idea behind this is that Maynor is a very talented point guard, Thabeet is a BIG body and Orton is better than Collins, which takes Collins out of the rotation (which he feels should be done). Pay no attention to the fact that both Thabeet and Orton are busts.

5. Bradley, Lee and Bass for Monta Ellis. This solves our problem with scoring, he says. It also blows up the best back court defensive tandem in the league. This one is even dumber than #6, and #6 was pretty loony. We're now down to 11 players, with the addition of Williams (an untested, unassimilated newbie) and dumbo wants to trade 3-for-1.

4. Courtney Lee and Bradley for Tyreke "the freak" Evans. What the hell does this guy have against having an elite defensive back court? Once again, he's doing the "more-than-one-for-one" player mistake. We need to add bodies, not subtract them. Now that we have Williams, do we really need Evans? Evans is also freakishy athletic, yes, but he's a Me-baller.

3. Rajon Rondo for Mike Conley and Darrell Arthur. Darrell Arthur? He admits this trade might not be as "practical" as the others, "but if the Boston front office were to make the phone call to Memphis the call would take longer than a few breaths". Of course it would, that's because it's a steal for Memphis. They get one of the top 4 back court players in the league (as evidenced by his starting all-star nomination) and we get some bodies. At least he's not going with multiple Celtics for a single player in return, but these are what he considers his "more helpful" trades. Rondo frustrates me as much as anybody, but if I'm going to give him up I'm expecting a player that will be a perennial all-star in return for a perennial all-star.

2. Jeff Green, Avery Bradley, Chris Wilcox for Josh Smith and a 1st round pick. Still doing the many-for-one mistake. Still blowing up our backcourt after it has already taken two hits this season already. Already thinning out our center position when we're already thin there.

1. Brandon Bass and Avery Bradley for a 2013 first round pick and Paul Millsap. I'm not keen on giving up Avery Bradley, just in general, but at least this trade makes a teeny bit of sense. Millsap is an upgrade over Bass and Bradley for a 1st round pick? Hmm, Utah is in 7th place in the west and #13 in the league. If the draft were held today, this would be the #17 pick (unless Utah owned the pick of another team that was worse than them). NOT a lottery pick.

With friends like this idiot, who needs enemies?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1534241-6-potential-celtics-trades-to-push-boston-into-nbas-elite/page/1

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Bleacher Report Garbage Time Empty Re: Bleacher Report Garbage Time

Post by worcester Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:10 pm

Bob, calling him an idiot gives him too much credit. The title of his post is even more absurd than his trades which would do the opposite of pushing Boston into the NBA's elite.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:49 pm

Bob,

The only trade I would do if I was Boston is number 1.
To me Bass has a negative value when you factor in his salary compared to his production.

Number 4 is a complete joke.
I do have to disagree with one of your points.
I believe you almost always want to get the best player in a trade even if you have to give up 2 or 3 players. But since Boston has lost 3 rotation players to season ending injuries, they need quantity as much as quality.

As much as we feel that Bleacher Reports border lines on trash stories, did you notice that Turner/CNN acquired Bleacher Reports for $175m? CNN is no longer affiliated with Sports Illustrated. Interesting move by CNN.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:19 am

Counting down to the day after the trading deadline. Is it here yet?

I have two observations about absurd wastes of Internet space like this Bleacher Report thing:

1. Whoever created The Trade Machine should be shipped to Antarctica for unleashing that monstrosity. He enabled stupid stuff like this Bleacher Report piece of crapola because any idiot can plug in names and draft picks to write an "article." The Trade Machine -- yet another invention with unintended consequences.

2. They must have a guy called "The Eraser" at each web site who is responsible for getting rid of any and all links to these stupid articles as soon as the trade deadline passes.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:49 am

So, Outside, how do you really feel about it?

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:52 am

Outside wrote:Counting down to the day after the trading deadline. Is it here yet?

I have two observations about absurd wastes of Internet space like this Bleacher Report thing:

1. Whoever created The Trade Machine should be shipped to Antarctica for unleashing that monstrosity. He enabled stupid stuff like this Bleacher Report piece of crapola because any idiot can plug in names and draft picks to write an "article." The Trade Machine -- yet another invention with unintended consequences.

2. They must have a guy called "The Eraser" at each web site who is responsible for getting rid of any and all links to these stupid articles as soon as the trade deadline passes.

The creator of the Trade Machine is Sam's personal favorite, NBA's We Will Never Look At Stats The Same Way Again Guru turned General Manager, John Hollinger.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:29 am

tjmakz wrote:The creator of the Trade Machine is Sam's personal favorite, NBA's We Will Never Look At Stats The Same Way Again Guru turned General Manager, John Hollinger.
Seriously? Hollinger?

Now I feel justified for being a cranky old coot off his meds. I'd like to amend my previous post -- I was too kind. Antarctica is actually a beautiful place (assuming you're not freezing to death). I'd like to think I can come up with some desolate outpost that doesn't have Antarctica's pluses. Then there's the risk of Hollinger being flash-frozen, encased in ice for thousands of years, then thawed and unleashed on an unsuspecting future civilization, which I wouldn't want to be responsible for. This will take more thought.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:30 pm

In the Trade Machine, Hollinger seems to be involved only in predicting how a trade will change the W/L record of each participating team, based on his fraudulent PER stat. I never look at that element because I have a weak stomach. The actual salary checker is useful because it recognizes more of the impediments which can impact a trade that, based solely on salaries, looks fine.

I wouldn't say Hollinger is a lightweight. But, if you took him up the Empire State Building and threw him off the Empire State Building, he would float.

Sam

Last edited by sam on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:09 pm

Outside,

Perhaps you could propose having Hollinger sent deep into one of those old mountainside saltmine bunkers where they store nuclear waste.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:10 pm

Ainge has assured Rondo that he won't be traded, according to his agent Bill Duffy. However, Ainge maintains the Celtics aren't in the market for a major deal. USA Today Sports

Boston Celtics, Trade, Rajon Rondo, Danny Ainge

Ken Berger: I'm told the "right deal" for Rondo would be: Dwight Howard, Chris Paul or a massive haul of assets like Denver got for Melo. Not happening. Twitter @KBergCBS

Los Angeles Clippers, Los Angeles Lakers, Trade, Chris Paul, Rajon Rondo, Dwight Howard

Read more at http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#kRY3oLJ0781Bp3Eo.99

Plus...

Elsewhere the Clippers are supposedly reporting they're backing off trading for KG...for now...unless Chris Paul pushes for it (oh come on; invent something more realistic). Supposedly despite the fact Boston wants it done but must get Bledsoe and Jordan in the deal. Yesterday the same source said Boston didn't want to do it even though the Clippers did. Despite the fact I'd personally love to see us get Bledsoe and Jordan for KG I think it would have to be a bad deal for the Clippers past this year...why would they even propose it? This one is starting to climb to the top of the totally made up BS pile!
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:03 pm

NYCelt wrote:Outside,

Perhaps you could propose having Hollinger sent deep into one of those old mountainside saltmine bunkers where they store nuclear waste.

Regards

Hollinger, cleaning out his desk at ESPN...

Bleacher Report Garbage Time Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5sBXj69e9TB0tZpG5xN0y8-yPQAhv0ldC819wZDkgWuZuyvnq

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down