THE ROSALIE GET WELL QUICKLY HOTLINE; GIVE ROSALIE A CALL. (READ BELOW.)

+15
NYCelt
dbrown4
tjmakz
Berlin-T
MDCelticsFan
pete
cowens/oldschool
swish
Outside
bobc33
tardust
dboss
Matty
Sam
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

THE ROSALIE GET WELL QUICKLY HOTLINE;  GIVE ROSALIE A CALL.  (READ BELOW.) Empty THE ROSALIE GET WELL QUICKLY HOTLINE; GIVE ROSALIE A CALL. (READ BELOW.)

Post by Sam Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:34 pm

3:25 pm Thursday, April 4, 2013

I just called the hospital. Rosalie entered at 7:00 this morning, and she is currently in the recovery room after completion of her surgery. I don't really want to speculate on such an important situation, but I think I can safely surmise that this points to two things. (1) She came through the operation (which I know was serious because she told me it would include up to three significant procedures); and (2) The operation probably was not prolonged much (if any) far beyond the six hours she believed it would take. Now they could have decided not to carry out one more more of the procedures, so conclusions should not be drawn. But, as of now, there's no reason not to intensify our hope for her outlook.

I'll call again tonight, and I'll post anything I discover.

Go Rosalie!

Sam

Last edited by sam on Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

THE ROSALIE GET WELL QUICKLY HOTLINE;  GIVE ROSALIE A CALL.  (READ BELOW.) Empty Re: THE ROSALIE GET WELL QUICKLY HOTLINE; GIVE ROSALIE A CALL. (READ BELOW.)

Post by Matty Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:10 pm

Sam, please let our darling Rosalie know we are thinking of her..
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

THE ROSALIE GET WELL QUICKLY HOTLINE;  GIVE ROSALIE A CALL.  (READ BELOW.) Empty Re: THE ROSALIE GET WELL QUICKLY HOTLINE; GIVE ROSALIE A CALL. (READ BELOW.)

Post by Sam Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:19 pm

As soon as I can speak with her, I'll do that, Matty.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:54 pm

Sam

Please let Rosalie know that we wish her s peedsy recovery

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:45 pm

WE LOVE YOU ROSALIE....GET WELL SOON SO YOU CAN JOIN US IN BOSTON FOR THE NEXT GET TOGETHER!

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:56 pm

She will be in our prayers.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:17 pm

Thoughts and prayers are with Ros and Bill.

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:21 pm

Hugs and wishes for a speedy recovery.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:30 pm

Hurry off that Celtic inactive list Rosie. Get well soon. We need you for the playoffs.

Swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:31 pm

8:28 pm Thursday, April 4, 2013

I called again this evening, and they said she was in intensive care, which is normal for a person who has gone through major surgery. So what we know is that she had the surgery, spent time in the recovery room, and graduated to the Intensive Care Unit. They're not allowed to give out information beyond that for ICU patients except to spouses.

Go Rosalie
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:04 pm

I'm somewhat at a loss for words, I and I'm sure the whole board is giving her prayers as basketball really doesn't matter.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:21 pm

Hey Rosalie,

Heal up quick! We miss ya!!!

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:22 pm

Well put Cow! The power of prayer is a powerful healing tool!

GOD BLESS YOU ROSALIE, WE ARE ALL PRAYING FOR YOU!

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:11 am

Rosalie:

May God speed you to a complete recovery and give you the strength to overcome all obstacles!

MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Berlin-T Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:30 am

We're all pulling for you, Rosalie, Get well soon.

Berlin-T
Berlin-T
Berlin-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:18 pm

3:12 pm Friday, April 5, 2013

I called the hospital, and there's nothing new on Rosalie. She's still in the Intensive Care Unit (as anyone who had gone through that serious operation would be), and they wouldn't release more information to a non-family-member.

I tried her home and got no answer, which I assume means her husband is visiting at the hospital.

I'll stay on the case.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:29 pm

7:13 pm, Saturday, April 6, 2013

I tried the hospital a couple of additional times, and there was nothing new. This evening, Rosalie's husband, Bill, called.

Our Rosalie has been through a rough time but seems to be improving gradually.

First, she had a quadruple bypass instead of a triple bypass, as they found another clogged artery when she was opened up. Then they did the aortic heart valve replacement. Than they did the mitral heart valve replacement.

She bled a lot, and they had such a hard time stopping the flow of blood that they wound up sending her to Intensive Care with her chest still open. They finally controlled the flow of blood.

Two days later, she's still in ICU, but the good news is that they feel she's now stable enough so they're going to close her up. She's stilll not conscious, as I'm sure they've been giving her medication to keep her still and comfortable.

They expect her to regain consciousness tomorrow, and her condition will determine when she might be transferred out of ICU to a regular hospital bed.. Bill and their son are with her a lot of the time.

I told Bill that Rosalie has dozens of admirers dying to send hugs her way, and he said he'd be sure to relay that information as soon as she awakens. His closing words were, "She thinks the world of you guys," and I assured him that the feeling is definitely mutual.

That's it for now.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:29 pm

Sam,

Thanks for the update.
We are all hoping for a very quick recovery for Rosalie.
Thanks for sharing our feelings for her with her husband.

TJ
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:38 pm

Sam,

Thank you for keeping us all informed on Rosalie's progress.

Get well soon, Rosalie!

David
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:59 pm

Thanks Sam.......Go Rosalie...GO Get Well Soon!

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:26 pm

Sam,

Thanks for all you're doing to keep us up to date.

Once they get her set and stable, I'm sure they will get her on her feet as quickly as possible. She's a tough one, as we all know, and it's going to be great to hear from her again!

NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:12 pm

NYCelt,

I had hoped to surprise Rosalie with a visit when she'll be up to having non-family visitors. But it probably won't happen, as we're leaving for Florida in a couple of days.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:22 pm

Add my thoughts and prayers to the list. And a (very gentle) hug to Rosalie and an arm around Bill and the family.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:31 pm

Thinking of you Roselie. My prayers and love coming your way.

Paul
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:29 pm

My gosh, she has been put through the ringer. Hang in Rosalie!

Pwtw
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next