THE ROSALIE GET WELL QUICKLY HOTLINE; GIVE ROSALIE A CALL. (READ BELOW.)

+15
NYCelt
dbrown4
tjmakz
Berlin-T
MDCelticsFan
pete
cowens/oldschool
swish
Outside
bobc33
tardust
dboss
Matty
Sam
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

THE ROSALIE GET WELL QUICKLY HOTLINE;  GIVE ROSALIE A CALL.  (READ BELOW.) - Page 2 Empty Re: THE ROSALIE GET WELL QUICKLY HOTLINE; GIVE ROSALIE A CALL. (READ BELOW.)

Post by pete Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:30 pm

Sam,

West coast?
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

THE ROSALIE GET WELL QUICKLY HOTLINE;  GIVE ROSALIE A CALL.  (READ BELOW.) - Page 2 Empty Re: THE ROSALIE GET WELL QUICKLY HOTLINE; GIVE ROSALIE A CALL. (READ BELOW.)

Post by worcester Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:10 pm

I just got back online after a week away and read the news about Rosalie....Best to you gal!
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:38 am

Pete,

Actually, both coasts.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:12 pm

I've been holding back on commenting on this thread, waiting for some definitive news. Unfortunately, I've run out of time.

I'll see you on the Game On threads when I get back, Rosalie.

I'll try and check in around once a week or so for updates. Thanks for doing this, Sam.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:17 pm

Bob, I wish I had something more definitive, but Bill and I agreed that I'd wait for his call, and that hasn't happened yet. The poor guy and his son are commuting between Waltham and Boston, god knows how many times a day.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:31 pm

6:30 pm, Monday, April 8, 2013:

Great news. She woke up at 4:00 this morning and seems very much improved.

Sam

Last edited by sam on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:34 pm

GOD SPEED ROSALIE!

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:17 pm

sam wrote:6:30 pm, Monday, April 9, 2013:

Great news. She woke up at 4:00 this morning and seems very much improved.

Sam

Last second check in before I left for the airport. VERY glad I did!

Thanks Sam. Great news to walk out the door with.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:48 pm

Great news!
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:31 pm

Yay Rosalie!! Get well!!

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:36 pm

Good news! cheers

Thanks for keeping us updated Sam.

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:49 pm

bob have a great trip, rosie so glad your awake and making progress, this makes my day!!!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:42 pm

Go Rosalie!!!

We love ya!! Get well soon!!
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by Berlin-T Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:33 am

Very good news indeed. Rosalie you really are a fighter!

Thank you Sam for the info.
Berlin-T
Berlin-T

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:23 am

Good to hear.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:15 pm

Keep progressing Rosalie, We pray God brings you back fully!

MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:33 pm

1:11 PM, Sunday, April 14, 2013

Late this afternoon, I received a call from Rosalie's husband, Bill. He said Rosalie was moved, a couple of day ago, from ICU to a regular room. The three heart procedures have encountered no complications, and she's proceeding as expected on that front. She does have an inflamed pancreas, which is uncomfortable but apparently not near the unbearable state. I said to Bill, "But at least there's no malignancy, right?" He answered, "Well they tell you a lot of things and they're still looking into it."

He gave me Rosalie's direct phone number, and he said she's perfectly fine to take phone calls, so I immediately called her and spoke with her for the first time ever. She seemed really happy to get get the call, and she sounded strong and even a little feisty. We had a few laughs, and only now does it dawn on me that we never mentioned the Celtics once. Probably just as well, as my mission was to cheer her up.

After about six or seven minutes, I said, "Rosalie, let me ask you something. I have your phone number. Would you rather that I post it on the board or not? She immediately said, "Post it." I said, "With all the Rosalie fanatics on the board, you're likely to be inundated with phone calls." She responded, "Good. Let them call. I'd really love to talk with everyone." I said, "One good thing is that, if you could quickly arrange a 900 number, you could probably make some serious money." She really laughed at that one. It's great to hear her laugh. She said she wasn't worried about anything but just wants to get rid of the inflammation.

So here's the number. She didn't impose any restrictions. But it's not a bad idea to ask if you called at a good time to make sure she's not in the middle of some procedure or consultation. Also, unless you specifically make an arrange with her to call back, you might want to call just once in the next few days to make sure as many as possible can get through to her. And daytime calls should probably take precedence.

Her direct number is: 1-617-724-4863.

I'm traveling right now, but I'll stay on the case because I can count on Bill to update me with any important news.

Have fun with Rosalie. She's a delight to talk with.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:01 pm

Thanks for the update Sam, great news.

I'll be calling Ros tomorrow!

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:45 pm

Thanks Sam you are the best!!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:06 pm

Just got off the phone with Rosalie. She sounds strong and happy! You would never know that she has been through such a tough surgery.

She has two messages for the board:

• She can't wait for the playoffs. Go Celts!!!

• And most of you are a bunch of shy, wimps for not calling her. She is ready for your call, act now!!!!

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:44 pm

Pete,

OK, I took Rosalie up on her challenge and called her just now. Thank you for the reminder/gentle shove.

Everyone should give her a call! Rosalie is amazing; she's sounding great!

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:58 pm

NY,

Glad you did, bet she was happy to hear from you.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:10 pm

I called Rosalie twice. The first time I miscalculated the time difference (it's 22 hours difference between Boston and Queenstown) and the hospital would not put me through to her room and the second time, this morning, the message said the patient has been moved or is unavailable. I hope that means she is well enough to be discharged.

I'd appreciate it if you call her to mention that I tried.

Thanks,

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:42 pm

To All:

I just spoke with Rosalie and she seemed in good spirits. She seemed hopeful for a discharge in a few days. It was wonderful being able to converse with such a special person. God watch over you, Rosalie.

MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:31 pm

Hey MD,

Good stuff!

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next