Please vote for the 2013 inductees to the Sam's Celtics Forum Hall of Fame: Vote for not more than two

+7
k_j_88
RosalieTCeltics
mrkleen09
Outside
gyso
steve3344
Sam
11 posters

Go down

Please vote for inductees to the Sam's Celtics Forum Hall of Fame (Vote for not more than two.)

Please vote for the 2013 inductees to the Sam's Celtics Forum Hall of Fame: Vote for not more than two Vote_lcap13%Please vote for the 2013 inductees to the Sam's Celtics Forum Hall of Fame: Vote for not more than two Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 3 ]
Please vote for the 2013 inductees to the Sam's Celtics Forum Hall of Fame: Vote for not more than two Vote_lcap29%Please vote for the 2013 inductees to the Sam's Celtics Forum Hall of Fame: Vote for not more than two Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 7 ]
Please vote for the 2013 inductees to the Sam's Celtics Forum Hall of Fame: Vote for not more than two Vote_lcap8%Please vote for the 2013 inductees to the Sam's Celtics Forum Hall of Fame: Vote for not more than two Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
Please vote for the 2013 inductees to the Sam's Celtics Forum Hall of Fame: Vote for not more than two Vote_lcap8%Please vote for the 2013 inductees to the Sam's Celtics Forum Hall of Fame: Vote for not more than two Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
Please vote for the 2013 inductees to the Sam's Celtics Forum Hall of Fame: Vote for not more than two Vote_lcap42%Please vote for the 2013 inductees to the Sam's Celtics Forum Hall of Fame: Vote for not more than two Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 24

Poll closed

Please vote for the 2013 inductees to the Sam's Celtics Forum Hall of Fame: Vote for not more than two Empty Please vote for the 2013 inductees to the Sam's Celtics Forum Hall of Fame: Vote for not more than two

Post by Sam Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:24 am

Now that five finalists have been selected, the time has come to cast your votes for induction to the forum's Hall of Fame.

Following are the rules for the final voting, as posted during the first year of our Hall of Fame's existence (2011):

• In September, the five top vote-getters (more in case of ties) will be declared finalists, and a poll will be run to select the Hall of Fame inductees for that year.

• Each member may vote for only two candidates.

• This year (2011), the top three vote-getters will be inducted into Sam’s Celtics Forum Hall of Fame.

In ensuing years (including 2013), the two top vote-getters (with a minimum of three votes apiece) will be inducted.

A new rule this year, just for clarification:

• In case of a tie for a winning spot in the voting, each person involved in the tie will be inducted.

The deadline for 2013 voting will be midnight on Sunday, September 29, 2013.

Thanks for participating, and good luck to all the candidates.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Please vote for the 2013 inductees to the Sam's Celtics Forum Hall of Fame: Vote for not more than two Empty Re: Please vote for the 2013 inductees to the Sam's Celtics Forum Hall of Fame: Vote for not more than two

Post by Sam Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:03 pm

Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Please vote for the 2013 inductees to the Sam's Celtics Forum Hall of Fame: Vote for not more than two Empty Re: Please vote for the 2013 inductees to the Sam's Celtics Forum Hall of Fame: Vote for not more than two

Post by Sam Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:11 pm

Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:34 pm

Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:30 pm

Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:46 pm

Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:27 pm

Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:26 am

Congratulations to our two 2013 Hall of Fame inductees, Worcester and Steve3344. They both exemplify long, substantive, interesting service to this forum as well as to BCD beforehand. I'm honored to say that I count both of them as particularly good friends. Worcester is a fund of authoritative and relevant medical information as well as a fun-loving gentleman. Steve is a person who likes to use statistics in many of his basketball observations but who never misuses them.

Congratulations, too, to BerlinT, Swede and Swish—each of whom has carved out a very special and valued niche on this board. I look forward to their presence in next season's list of candidates.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:13 am

Thanks for the congrats Sam and the honor of being in this great board's Hall Of Fame. Made some great friends here, some who I've known for over five years now.

The best part of this is I don't have to give a speech or put on a suit. I can sit in my underwear and bask in the glory. While still hearing Mike Myers from Wayne's World sheepishly saying "I'm not worthy" inside my head.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:16 am

Congratulations to both Worcester and Steve3344.

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:16 am

Two well-deserving inductees. Congratulations to you both.

Now to get the image of Steve basking in his underwear out of my head. Worcester, will acupuncture help with that?
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:29 pm

Congrats gents. Welcome to the club.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:57 pm

These two guys have something else in common—fascinating occupational specialties. Worcester is not simply a Doctor of Acupunture, but he's a national presence in the industry. He knows everyone important in the industry, has been under consideration for the presidency of a University of Acupuncture, and is ahead of the curve in his knowledge of related techniques. And what Worcester is to acupuncture, Steve is to the entertainment field. He's known (and covered) all the greats with his photography and articles—and not just from a distance but up close and personal. Ask him to tell you the difference in attitude between co—Led Zeppelin members, Robert Plant and Jimmy Page. Ask him about his experiences with Janis Joplin and her family. You've already been exposed to his memorable interview of Red Auerbach. If either of these guys were a "toot your own horn" type (which they're obviously not), the sound would be deafening.

Here's to two Hall of Fame PEOPLE.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:51 pm

Congratulations to both fine gentlemen! It always a pleasure to read what each of you has to say on any subject brought up here. Seems like so long ago that we were all on BDC, arguing and defending the one team we all love so much.

Thanks for all you bring to the fine group of Celtic lovers!!

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:54 pm

Congrats Smile

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:55 pm

Congrats to you both!  At our next event your first libation is on me.  Basketball

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:06 pm

And Bob's always good to his word!

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:33 pm

Sam et alia, I've been so swept up in the passion of my romance that I never read the results of the HOF voting till tonight. I am doubly blessed and honored!

Thank you all so much for such wonderful comraderie and discourse over the years. We'll have a lot of fun watching this young and talented team grow into champions.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:10 pm

W,

Congratulations! It's far more important that you will be considered a Hall of Fame husband. No question of that.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:55 pm

I've been away from the board for about a week or so but I wanted to congratulate Worcester and Steve3344.

You two bring very different ways of posting to the board but both of you have well thought out and interesting posts.

Thank you for your efforts.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:09 pm

Thank you TJ. There is nobility when two great forces come to meet in battle, and the Celts-Lakers games rise to that level. When I read your posts I often think of the Roman saying, "We who are about to die salute you," for even as an enemy combatant, you show respect to Celtics nation. The actual history of that saying is a bit more nuanced. Here's a broader context:

Even when he [Claudius] was on the point of letting out the water from Lake Fucinus he gave a sham sea-fight first. But when the combatants cried out: "Hail, emperor, they who are about to die salute thee," he replied, "Or not" [Sed cum proclamantibus naumachiariis: "Ave Imperator, Morituri te salutant!" respondisset: "Aut non" [8]], and after that all of them refused to fight, maintaining that they had been pardoned. Upon this he hesitated for some time about destroying them all with fire and sword, but at last leaping from his throne and running along the edge of the lake with his ridiculous tottering gait, he induced them to fight, partly by threats and partly by promises. At this performance a Sicilian and a Rhodian fleet engaged, each numbering twelve triremes...[8]
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:16 pm

See what I mean,? It is always so enjoyable reading the posts of Worcester. Lessons learned every day, poetry shared. I salute you my friend!!!

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:22 pm

Thanks Rosalie. Next year I hope we can all get together at a reunion.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:17 pm

Worcester,

Congrats on both fronts!

If you slip me a 20 spot, I promise not to tell her what I know about ya....or at least make it respectable....or maybe not....its up to you, no pressure........... money talks!

Seriously though, really looking forward to seeing you guys next month.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down