celtic fan
mrkleen09
beat
RosalieTCeltics
Matty
Sam
11 posters

Go down

NEW INDUCTEES TO SAM'S CELTICS FORUM HALL OF FAME Empty NEW INDUCTEES TO SAM'S CELTICS FORUM HALL OF FAME

Post by Sam Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:40 am

Hearty Congratulations to the new inductees to Sam's Celtics Forum Hall of Fame.

Beat
BobC
BobH
Outside
RosalieTCeltics

have been voted in by the membership.....all having met the official voting requirements for induction.

They will join

Jeb,

our solitary distinguished Charter Hall of Fame Member, and

gyso
NYCelt
Pete
Sam

who are being initiated as Hall of Fame Founding Members this year.

Congratulations to all ten, who will represent the Inaugural Hall of Fame Class of 2011 for Sam's Celtics Forum.

More ceremonial details to follow.
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

NEW INDUCTEES TO SAM'S CELTICS FORUM HALL OF FAME Empty Re: NEW INDUCTEES TO SAM'S CELTICS FORUM HALL OF FAME

Post by Matty Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:59 pm

Wooo! congrads everyone!!! *cheesecake and sammy adams for all*
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

NEW INDUCTEES TO SAM'S CELTICS FORUM HALL OF FAME Empty Re: NEW INDUCTEES TO SAM'S CELTICS FORUM HALL OF FAME

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:02 pm

I HAVE HELD OUT AS LONG AS I COULD, I WISH TO THANK ANYONE WHO VOTED FOR ME. IT IS A THRILL. YOU GUYS HAVE TAKEN ME ALONG FOR THIS WONDERFUL RIDE AND I HAVE BEEN HAVING A GREAT TIME! BEING A DIE HARD, LIFE LONG, BOSTON CELTIC FAN HAS GIVEN ME SO MANY THRILLS THAT
I CAN'T TELL YOU!! THE OLDER I GET, THE MORE DEVOTED I SEEM TO GET!
HAVING SO MANY PEOPLE TO SHARE THIS WITH IS JUST GREAT, AND HAVING MY
NAME MENTIONED AT ALL AT THE SAME TIME AS JEB'S IS A WONDERFUL. AS
MANY OF YOU KNOW, JEB AND I BECAME GOOD BUDDIES WHILE WATCHING
THE CELTICS AND CHATTING ON LINE. HE WAS A TRUE "BLEED GREEN"
CELTIC FAN! I MISS HIM TERRIBLY.

ANYWAY, BEFORE I START TO CRY, THANK YOU ALL FOR ACCEPTING ME
AND BEING MY TRUE CELTIC FANS.

LOVE
ROSALIE
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:27 pm

Rosalie

ditto you thoughts. and to add....

Yeah it's sort of neat to be kindly thought of. Although only seeing a handfull of C's games live and many many more through the eyes and mouth of Johnny Most and more recently several 100 on TV it's been quite a 40 plus year ride being a C's fan. We've seen it all, the best and the worst. From the glory of winning to the moments we wish we could forget. All the great moments to all the "what ifs."

Think there are many that post here whom are more deserving than I.
But thanks anyway.

Boy do we need the hoop season to start soon!

beat

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:32 pm

Beat - there is no better Celtic fan than you. You are there through the ups and downs along with Sam, Bob H, Bob C and the rest of us.

I will tell you one thing, it has been one hell of a ride being a Celtic fan. I drive my family nuts!!!

Congratulations!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:26 pm

Congrats to you both. Two of the people out here that are VERY even and level headed out here. When many were ready to abandon ship, and others like me and Jeb were ripping those people apart for being so negative, people like Beat and Rosalie were the adults in the room.

Congrats to all the new inductees.

mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by celtic fan Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:20 am

Congrats to all the inductees. You guys help make this a great forum to visit and discuss all things Celtics and basketball in general

celtic fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:28 pm

Everyone,

Thank you for this recognition. I am truly honored.

As I mentioned to a friend, I felt honored just being in the final group, and I didn't pay close attention to the selection criteria and thought that only the top three would get in. Seeing that I was actually selected was somewhat of a shock.

I feel like everyone else on the final ballot, plus numerous others not on it, deserve it more than I do. This is, after all, a Celtic forum, and I come from a different background. We of course discuss all sorts of NBA topics besides the Celtics, plus lots of stuff not related to basketball, but it's first and foremost a Celtic forum, and I'm not a Celtic fan. Trust me, I've seen you guys, so I know what a Celtic fan looks like. For someone like me to be accepted by a rabid group of Celtic fans is remarkable enough, and it's a testament to the atmosphere that Sam built and the quality of you guys as people.

But to have some of you actually vote for me to be in the forum hall of fame? Either you need to get your medications adjusted, or... or... I don't know what to say.

I guess, "Thank you."

And next time, vote for the people who deserve it more than me.

Outside
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:24 am

One intangible benefit of the recent Hall of Fame voting is to underscore the rather amazing diversity within our little community. Within a common bond of basketball fanatacism, a melange of family values; love of fun (and dogs); effervescent, offbeat wit; veteran and younger fandom; adventure; enlightening objectivity; level-headedness; and serious research and writing abilities characterizes the Class of 2011. And it's a virtual certainty that the next election will reflect an even broader reach among this very special aggregation known as Sam's Celtics Forum.

On one hand, it could be said that this is just a little ceremonial pastime of an relatively small group of individuals. But, regardless of the scope or importance of any endeavor, being recognized as a standout leader by one's peers has to be a singular and significant honor.

Over the next couple of weeks, the administrators will be working out the best way to memorialize the induction process for posterity. We ask the indulgence of the board as we strive to ensure that we do justice to this honor.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:23 pm

Outside wrote:Everyone,

Thank you for this recognition. I am truly honored.

As I mentioned to a friend, I felt honored just being in the final group, and I didn't pay close attention to the selection criteria and thought that only the top three would get in. Seeing that I was actually selected was somewhat of a shock.

I feel like everyone else on the final ballot, plus numerous others not on it, deserve it more than I do. This is, after all, a Celtic forum, and I come from a different background. We of course discuss all sorts of NBA topics besides the Celtics, plus lots of stuff not related to basketball, but it's first and foremost a Celtic forum, and I'm not a Celtic fan. Trust me, I've seen you guys, so I know what a Celtic fan looks like. For someone like me to be accepted by a rabid group of Celtic fans is remarkable enough, and it's a testament to the atmosphere that Sam built and the quality of you guys as people.

But to have some of you actually vote for me to be in the forum hall of fame? Either you need to get your medications adjusted, or... or... I don't know what to say.

I guess, "Thank you."

And next time, vote for the people who deserve it more than me.

Outside

outside,

Umm, you can't get voted into the HOF twice. Therefore, EVERYBODY who gets voted for next year will deserve it more than us.

Seriously, though, I concur 100% with your sentiment. It is truly amazing and impressive for a non-Celtic fan to be voted into a board's HOF, in its first year's vote no less.

I have always been proud to be a member of this board. We have an amazing group of people here. Note, I said "people", not "posters". The effort put in by Sam and the mods to come up with charity ideas, the tribute to Jeb and the love we all gave him in his final days and my proudest moment yet, being inducted into the HOF here. The induction of one of my favorite posters and people here, Outside, is a testament to the charter Sam has laid down for this board: Conviviality and courtesy. He is knowledgeable, he has invested significant amount of time researching his efforts and he has always written in a friendly courteous way, even when he disagrees with you. His one glaring flaw is that he is not a Celtic fan, and for the voters to be willing to overlook that possible fatal flaw and weight his contributions more heavily says wonderful things about the voters of this board.

The opening is there, to be grabbed. Speak your piece, do it in a way that generates more light than heat and you could be chosen by your peers to go into the HOF next year.

Even if you're not green.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:24 pm

sam wrote:One intangible benefit of the recent Hall of Fame voting is to underscore the rather amazing diversity within our little community. Within a common bond of basketball fanatacism, a melange of family values; love of fun (and dogs); effervescent, offbeat wit; veteran and younger fandom; adventure; enlightening objectivity; level-headedness; and serious research and writing abilities characterizes the Class of 2011. And it's a virtual certainty that the next election will reflect an even broader reach among this very special aggregation known as Sam's Celtics Forum.

On one hand, it could be said that this is just a little ceremonial pastime of an relatively small group of individuals. But, regardless of the scope or importance of any endeavor, being recognized as a standout leader by one's peers has to be a singular and significant honor.

Over the next couple of weeks, the administrators will be working out the best way to memorialize the induction process for posterity. We ask the indulgence of the board as we strive to ensure that we do justice to this honor.

Sam

sam,

Thanks, but my posterior is just fine as it is.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RESO Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:47 am

A day late and a dollar short, but congratulations to all the inductees. Smile
RESO
RESO

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:11 pm

bump
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:27 am

I think everyone of u guys and gurls are all HOF material. Fun to just come in and read your thoughts. Congratulations to all. lol!
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by hawksnestbeach Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:01 am

Couldn't agree more! When I get a new computer, Sam's Celts is my first bookmark and though I don't post often, I read religiously.

hawksnestbeach

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:23 pm

Sam--did I miss the post for the vote for the Hall of Fame? I don't see it anywhere, so are we waiting a while ? I just want to make sure that I don't miss out on it.

Thanks,
Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:13 pm

Rosalie, I've been waiting a little while to see if anyone else wants to weigh in on the timing of the vote. Since I haven't heard from anyone recently, I'm planning to start the process this coming Monday. So you haven't missed anything. Thanks for the reminder.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down