How Good Could Vitor Be?

3 posters

Go down

How Good Could Vitor Be? Empty How Good Could Vitor Be?

Post by bobheckler Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:11 pm

http://www.celticstitletown.com/apps/blog/show/34597859-celtics-morning-joe-how-good-could-vitor-be-

Celtics Morning Joe: How good could Vitor be?
Posted by shawn cassidy on October 27, 2013 at 5:00 AM

The center is a dead art in the NBA in some ways, but it's not extinct completely. The league has Hibbert, Howard, and Brook Lopez as three of the best. When healthy Bynum could be thrown in there if he will ever be again. Vitor Faverani seems legit, and I'm not putting him down as one of the best, but the 25 year-old center has potential, and at this moment he's already worthy of a starting gig with the Celtics. I've been writing a lot on the center, and I think he's worthy of all the love out there.

One thing that I constantly think about is when Rondo returns. Rondo knows how to play with bigs. Shaq case and point, Erden even was a guy that Rondo played well with. Wilcox was another center. Kevin and Rondo had a special connection as well. They had the pick-and-roll down, and Rondo knew how to find KG on an alle-oop without fail.

Faverani had 15 points, seven rebounds and six blocked shots against Brooklyn this past Wednesday. That performance lead me to become a believer in Vitor. He's a legit center, and for years fans wanted someone like Gortat, and Scola, and maybe we found are slightly above average center, who has potential.

I believe in him, and I think the only that makes me think twice is that his happened in the preseason. If a player like Green gets a free pass by fans because it was the preseason, then what if Vitor can produce in the regular season against tougher opponents. It's possible, but right now I'll keep drinking the Vitor KOOL-AID.

bob
MY NOTE:  A good point guard can make anybody look good.  His point is backed up by pointing out centers that had better careers here than they did elsewhere (Shaq, obviously, had a great career before Boston, but in his last few years, in Cleveland and Phoenix, he didn't do as well as here).  Notice, he didn't mention Perk.  Perk's stonehands and propensity to bounce the ball in traffic before going up limited whatever benefits Rondo could have brought him.  Perk, on a team whose point guard is "shoot first" is not doing as well, nevertheless.  His comment about Jeff Green getting a pass is unfair, however.  We saw what Green can do during the regular season last year, ergo the pre-season pass, we have yet to see that with Vitor.  Personally, I can't wait.  The key, with Vitor, is dedicating himself to defense.  We know he has offensive skills, but it's defense where we need him to make his mark.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

How Good Could Vitor Be? Empty Re: How Good Could Vitor Be?

Post by k_j_88 Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:14 pm

Vitor has looked great. That's without Rondo. With Rondo? He could become a top C.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:15 pm

Vitor has great hands and knows how to score in the paint. His ability to finish with his left hand is pretty impressive and we have also seen him step out and knock down deep shots.

I can envision him and Rondo running the pick and roll to perfection.

We still need another center but I want to see Vitor in the starting lineup. If he does start a pairing with him and Bass would be good. Then when he comes out of the game Sully will provide toughness on the glass.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:35 pm

Rondo, Bradley, Green, Sully, Vitor - one nice starting 5.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down