Rondo net yet cleared for full contact

2 posters

Go down

Rondo net yet cleared for full contact Empty Rondo net yet cleared for full contact

Post by k_j_88 Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:29 pm

Rondo not yet cleared for contact in 5-on-5 work

November 7, 2013, 10:15 am

Staff Report
CSNNE

Rajon Rondo has been able to take some physical contact during recent Celtics practices, the team's president of basketball operations Danny Ainge told 98.5 The Sports Hub's Toucher and Rich show on Thursday morning. However, Rondo still isn't back to full participation in practices just yet.

"Rondo is practicing. He's been cleared to have some contact, like 1-one-1," Ainge said. "But not 5-on-5 full-court practice yet. We're just taking it week by week right now, but he's not ready to come back this week. But he's working really hard and we're anxious to get him ready to go."

Ainge pointed out that the final decision on when Rondo makes his return to game action will be up to one person and one person only: Rondo.

"I trust Rajon, and I trust that he wants to play," Ainge said. "Ultimately he's going to be the one that determines that, not doctors or anyone else. He's a smart kid, and if he's not feeling comfortable mentally or physically, I trust he'll make the right decision."

In the meantime, Rondo has served as an assistant coach of sorts to Brad Stevens and the rest of the Celtics staff. He offers his opinion in all manner of situations, and it's welcomed with open arms by the suits on the Celtics bench.

"Brad and Rajon have a very good relationship, and they talk all the time," Ainge explained. "Rajon's out on the court and in practice he's practicing every day. And so, yeah, he's got input. He's certainly listened to and his opinions are listened to by all the coaches and by all the players. He's earned that respect."

----

I can't wait to see him on the court. But he's doing things the smart way. No sense wrecking a perfect opportunity for recovery.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Rondo net yet cleared for full contact Empty Re: Rondo net yet cleared for full contact

Post by bobheckler Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:17 pm

I didn't mention this on the Game On thread, nor on the Post Game thread, but the Jazz announcers, especially Matt Harpring, talked about how one of Rondo's calfs (calves? sic) is MUCH bigger than the other.  Obviously, that's because one has been walked on the past 6 months plus and the other has not.

They said that he will not be back until after those atrophied calf muscles have been rebuilt, and that will take time.

As Doctor Worcester will no doubt attest, you do not want to overuse one part of your body to compensate for a weakness in another.  I'm just fine with Rondo working hard but not coming back early.  An extra win or two this year is not what we're about now.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down