Big Baby smashes hotel computer Empty Big Baby smashes hotel computer

Post by steve3344 Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:49 pm

He really was a big baby Friday night:

GLEN 'BIG BABY' DAVIS
GOES BALLISTIC AT MOTEL
... Cops Respond
EXCLUSIVE1112-big-baby-davis-launch2
update_bar
9:08 AM PT -- Big Baby has just issued an apology (on Twitter) ... writing, "In regards to the incident that occurred on Friday night, I want to sincerely apologize for my actions. There is no excuse for what I did."

He adds, "I was obviously wrong and I take full responsibility. I apologize to the Magic, my fans and the city of Orlando."

Orlando Magic star Glen Davis -- aka "Big Baby" -- threw a MAJOR TEMPER TANTRUM at a Florida motel ... breaking a hotel computer ... and TMZ Sports has footage of the entire meltdown.

It all went down early Saturday morning at a Travelodge in Orlando, FL -- when the 27-year-old tried to book a room with the front desk and was told the place was sold out.

Glen -- clearly frustrated -- reached over the front desk and grabbed a keyboard, which he proceeded to rip from the front desk computer and throw across the lobby. Davis then stormed out of the motel in anger.

The Travelodge employee immediately called police ... and moments later, two cops arrived on scene.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... cops took a report but Davis was not arrested.

So why was Davis in such a crappy mood? Earlier in the night, the Magic lost to Glen's former squad ... the Boston Celtics.

Sources tell us ... the hotel has been in contact with the Magic regarding payment for hotel damages. One source tells us the team has already cut a check.

We reached out to the Magic -- and a rep told us that the team is aware of the situation and are handling it internally.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/11/12/glen-davis-big-baby-motel-travelodge-meltdown-keyboard/#ixzz2kSjsSBgn

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Big Baby smashes hotel computer Empty Re: Big Baby smashes hotel computer

Post by k_j_88 Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:31 pm

"Motel" and "hotel" are now interchangeable. Interesting.

Kj
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:55 pm

1) He grabbed the KEYBOARD not the whole computer. Thing is probably worth $4 dollars.

2) why is a millionaire staying at a Travel lodge? Place is a dump.

Anyone still want to question the Bass for Davis trade? One is a classy professional and other is a, well - big baby.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:58 pm

Gotta be more mature than that, Glen.

But as a player, I still love his game. Plays hard, makes sacrifices.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:12 pm

Living up to his nickname. The "young" excuse no longer applies. He's now marked as a guy who's given to fits of irrational anger. Maybe the Magic can trade for KG to give Glen a spanking and make him cry.

Davis for Bass is high on my lists of things I've ever been grateful for concerning the Celtics.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by hawksnestbeach Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:37 pm

Another shrewd DA move! Hawk

hawksnestbeach

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:00 pm

Hawk, Sam, MrKleen,

I'm not sure if this particular situation was what Ainge was anticipating avoiding, though.

I mean, it's easy for anyone to look at something like this in retrospect and say "See? This course of action was justified."

Unless one is referring to obvious things like production, being injury prone, or a problem in the locker room, this sort of situation is harder to make that kind of judgment about it. I may have missed something, but I've never really heard anything about Davis that has led me to believe he is a person of bad character. Surely, this incident is regrettable, and I hope he learns from this, but I've heard of athletes doing much worse.

As far as my thoughts on the trade, it seemed rather parallel at the time. Glen had a bit more defense and Bass had a bit more offense.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:09 pm

Baby crying on the bench after KG tried to steer him right. Him getting into a fight with a friend and cutting all the ligaments in his head a day before the season opened. There were PLENTY of incidents that showed this exact kind of immaturity when he was in Boston.

As a player - it was an almost even swap. Bass and Davis have nearly identical stats, with Bass coming out on top by small margins in nearly every category. Bass is a better shooter and rebounder - better shot blocker and commits less turnovers.

And is a mature, stand up guy who has really stepped up and turned the corner this season.

I would take Bass over Davis, everyday and twice on Sundays.

mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:13 pm

Ditto. Besides, Bass doesn't have to keep proving to himself that he belongs. Davis does, and that kind of self-serving agenda doesn't help the team.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:57 pm

Sam,

I'm more than willing to agree Bass is better for the team and a better player overall.

mrkleen,

I wasn't ever suggesting that Davis was a mature individual. I just don't think he's a bad guy. That's all I was getting at.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:39 pm

I used to like Davis, until he became too much of a pain in the ass and a distraction. He is nearly 28 years old. Time he grew up.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:01 am

TJ.

I was elated the moment I heard about the Bass for Davis. I never thought Glen was a bad person. But his obvious immaturity and propensity for poor decisions in his life could transfer to the court all too often. He played some very good ball for the Celtics, but I had the feeling that his immaturity could limit his ceiling as a player. I was hoping Bass would continue a developmental progression as a Celti, and I believe he has done that. His jumper has become close to automatic. He seems to love to crash the offensive boards in particular. He can guard guys like Lebron James when necessary. And he's a team player, whereas (as I suggested above) I thought Davis always had a private agenda of proving (at least to himself) that he belonged, which sometimes took him out of the team flow.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:33 am

I believe I am decidedly on the books as being a Bass fan. Nothing against Davis, but Bass is better in for what we need. He rebounds when we need it, he scores when we need it but doesn't demand the ball, he doesn't complain about minutes or "what his role is" and, lastly but not least, he's a mature veteran voice on this young team. Can you imagine the difference in the locker room if Big Baby was in there throwing tantrums now? Wallace would chew him up and Stevens would facing having to coach his exact personality opposite.

We're good the way things are.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down