We Are Blessed To Have This Discussion Board!

5 posters

Go down

We Are Blessed To Have This Discussion Board! Empty We Are Blessed To Have This Discussion Board!

Post by MDCelticsFan Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:31 pm

I took a peek over at BDC, the old stomping grounds and there is a thread on that site that has degenerated into an arguement between Cleveland trolls and Laker trolls over Kobe vs. Lebron! How pathetic is that! A Boston sports outlet should NEVER allow that to become a reality. Of course those and typical similar outbursts by those from other regions that did not know how to carry on civil discourse regarding topics relating to basketball made it necessary for Sam to take measures to create this board. I'm thankful, and we're past Thanksgiving, so I'll just consider it an early Christmas present. It cost me $20.00, but well worth it! Thank ya' Sam. You're a gentleman, a scholar, a hallowed Celtic historian, and overall Roundball With Red expert!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

We Are Blessed To Have This Discussion Board! Empty Re: We Are Blessed To Have This Discussion Board!

Post by beat Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:57 pm

MD

In a morbid sort of way I miss it. There are a few there that are still pretty good posters and I would hope they would see the light and come over here. As for the rest..............there isn't a cliff high enough! (for them not me)

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

We Are Blessed To Have This Discussion Board! Empty Re: We Are Blessed To Have This Discussion Board!

Post by LACELTFAN Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:10 pm

I go over just before I'm going to visit the dentist..Tooth drilling feels pleasant comparatively speaking.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:13 pm

By the by, I've already learned more at this site about basketball and the Celtics in 2 months than I did in a few years over there.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:31 pm

To LA: I'm not surprised by that admission at all!-MD

To Beat: Interesting choice of the word morbid, If you were referring to a '79 horse trying for the Triple Crown and failing, it would be Spectacular Bid! (LOL)-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:35 pm

[quote="MDCelticsFan"]To LA: I'm not surprised by that admission at all!-MD
I'm not really sure if you're agreeing with me about the board or taking a shot at me, but I'll choose to believe the former at this point. Go Celtics.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:39 pm

LA: It was meant for you to believe what your first impression was. You brought a lot to the table from the jump! You've just added to your knowledge!-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:08 pm

MD - What I really brought more that anything else is a passion for the Celtics which isn't ALWAYS the best thing...Just ask my wife.
I would bet a large percentage of the folks on this board are more knowledgable than I about basketball and the C's but I think I'm right up there when it comes to irrational passion.
IMHO, one of the great things about sports...ie outcomes....is that you don't really have to know very much to have an opinion that often is just as valid or invalid as the so called experts.
For example, I was worried 2 years ago that the Lakers were going to squeak past the Celtics in the finals...and I was just as wrong as the so called "experts." ....thank God....

This board was a godsend for Celtic fans that don't want to wade through the moronic Laker trolls to get to reasonable Laker/Celtic fans to discuss basketball.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:36 am

MDCelticsFan wrote:I took a peek over at BDC, the old stomping grounds and there is a thread on that site that has degenerated into an arguement between Cleveland trolls and Laker trolls over Kobe vs. Lebron! How pathetic is that! A Boston sports outlet should NEVER allow that to become a reality. Of course those and typical similar outbursts by those from other regions that did not know how to carry on civil discourse regarding topics relating to basketball made it necessary for Sam to take measures to create this board. I'm thankful, and we're past Thanksgiving, so I'll just consider it an early Christmas present. It cost me $20.00, but well worth it! Thank ya' Sam. You're a gentleman, a scholar, a hallowed Celtic historian, and overall Roundball With Red expert!

You know the BDC is responsible for this. During the 2008 championship they created a 'troll' bridge' between LA fans and Boston fans with the links that were added to the BDC and the LA Times. I still post there (BDC) occassionaly but since my focus is on the Celtics and no other team I see not reason to get in the gutter debates that take place over there.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:19 am

Dboss,

For someone whose focus is on the Celtics, you do an amazing job of "handicapping" the other teams in your pre-game analyses. I tried it once in your absence, and I would want no part of it on a regular basis.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:51 am

Thanks Sam

I wish my pregame piece on last night's game turned out differently. I think they must have changed uniforms on me.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down