Olynyk's Return Pushed Back One Week

2 posters

Go down

Olynyk's Return Pushed Back One Week Empty Olynyk's Return Pushed Back One Week

Post by bobheckler Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:11 pm

Olynyk's return pushed back one week
December 6, 2013, 7:00 pm

Olynyk's Return Pushed Back One Week Headshot_blakely

BOSTON- Kelly Olynyk's return to the floor from a right ankle sprain will take a little longer than initially anticipated.

He was supposed to be out two weeks with a return to the floor targeted for tonight's game against Denver.

However, Boston Celtics' coach Brad Stevens said Olynyk's return would likely be sometime next week.

"From what I've been told, he went through an individual workout today," Stevens said. "He is going to hopefully feel good tomorrow and go light in practice tomorrow."

Stevens said Olynyk was doubtful to play in Sunday's game at New York, but wouldn't rule him out for Tuesday's game at Brooklyn.

"He'll be day-to-day starting next week," Stevens said. "Tuesday might be a stretch. We'll see. He's close to being back."

Olynyk suffered the injury on Nov. 22 against Indiana. Tonight will be the seventh straight game he has missed because of the injury.

The injury could not have come at a worst time for Olynyk, who had worked his way into the starting lineup and was starting to show more and more signs of being a player that could help the Celtics on multiple levels.

"It sucks," he said shortly after the injury when asked about how it felt to not be playing now. "Every player wants to play. You want to go and help your team. That's what you love to do. Physically not being able to, is tough."

The 7-foot rookie has appeared in 14 games this season, and is averaging 7.5 points and 5.4 rebounds per game.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Olynyk's Return Pushed Back One Week Empty Re: Olynyk's Return Pushed Back One Week

Post by k_j_88 Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:00 pm

I hope he gets better, but I don't think it'd be wise to siphon Humphries' minutes to make room for him.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down