Rudy Gay Traded from Toronto to Sacto

2 posters

Go down

Rudy Gay Traded from Toronto to Sacto Empty Rudy Gay Traded from Toronto to Sacto

Post by bobheckler Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:57 pm

for John Salmons, Greivas Vasquez, Chuck Hayes and Patrick Patterson. The Kings also get Quincy Acy and Aaron Gray.

I guess they weren't happy with their tanking. I'd say we're going to own the Atlantic Division this year.

Still, John Salmons is a very solid player, Vasquez is a good point guard, Chuck Hayes is solid.

However, if the rule-of-thumb is "whoever gets the best player, won", then Sacramento won.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/12/8/5189946/rudy-gay-trade-kings-raptors

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Rudy Gay Traded from Toronto to Sacto Empty Re: Rudy Gay Traded from Toronto to Sacto

Post by Outside Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:23 pm

bobheckler wrote:for John Salmons, Greivas Vasquez, Chuck Hayes and Patrick Patterson.  The Kings also get Quincy Acy and Aaron Gray.

I guess they weren't happy with their tanking.  I'd say we're going to own the Atlantic Division this year.

Still, John Salmons is a very solid player, Vasquez is a good point guard, Chuck Hayes is solid.

However, if the rule-of-thumb is "whoever gets the best player, won", then Sacramento won.
Agree about Vasquez and Hayes, but disagree about Salmons. The games I've seen him play in Sacramento, he's been underwhelming and shown a low bball IQ. Maybe the change of scenery will do him good.

Going by the "best player" rule, Sacramento "won" the trade, but I don't see how this moves them higher than 14th in the West. Gay is a high-volume, low-efficiency shooter, but he is a good defender, so he at least should help them on that end. Where he might help even more is as a leader and lockerroom presence, but I doubt he'll get through to Cousins. Every time I see Cousins play, he has a sour, frustrated look on his face most of the game. He takes things so personally and gets frustrated so easily. It will be interesting to see how Cousins and Gay coexist.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down