Avery Bradley contract.

5 posters

Go down

Avery Bradley contract. Empty Avery Bradley contract.

Post by international Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:36 pm

http://www.sportando.net/eng/usa/nba/69475/avery-bradley-rejected-a-four-year-extension-worth-24-mln.html

international

Back to top Go down

Avery Bradley contract. Empty Re: Avery Bradley contract.

Post by dboss Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:44 pm

Good for him. $8 seems very reasonable. $6 considering he is a top on the ball defender and developing offensive player it too low.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:48 pm

If Ab averages mid to high teens this year I think a $32 mill 4 yr deal is very reasonable.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:50 pm

There's no question that Avery has made great strides on a vanishing breed in the NBA—the mid-range jumper.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:13 pm

Avery is certainly making a case for himself this year.

If he keeps up with his offense and maintains his defense, he'll be well on his way to a 4x payraise.

Realistically, Boston will have cap room opening up starting with next season. I think they can afford to pay him more without dampening any long term plans.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:51 am

He's a restricted free agent, so he'll get whatever some other team is willing to pay him and no more. I know that sounds really simplistic, and it is, but that's what it is. Remember Big Baby? He tested the free agent waters, under the old more lucrative CBA, and ended up with less than he (and his agent) thought he'd get and he stayed with the Celtics.

There may be teams willing to pay $8M for an elite defensive SG who averages 15.7pp36mpg, 1.6assists/36mpg, 2.2TOs/36mpg. If there is, then you can count on Danny matching that.

If he doesn't think he's worth that much, he'll still give it to him, and then trade him for someone who he thinks is better value to the team.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:12 pm

On the ball defenders are at a premium.

If he gets a high offer from another team it would limit the ability to match. But I think ab wants to be here and I like the way he has developed. Crawford however gives them another option.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:18 pm

I feel comfortable with Danny waiting for the market to set the price for Avery. Regardless of his defensive skills, one must ask oneself whether a 6' 2" shooting guard in today's NBA is championship material. Moreover, as I've said in the past with no response forthcoming, his defense is dependent on his physicality. By the time this team becomes a contender, will Avery have maintained the degree of athleticism he currently possesses? This is the first season he's been called upon to play 30 MPG (and just barely that). Will his growing love affair (and success) with jumpers mean he'll feel increasingly comfortable in pace his energy outflow increasingly as the years pass? Frankly, I believe that has happened to Rondo (to some degree) since he was an elite defender.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down