Lakers Express Interest in Shumpert and Chandler

2 posters

Go down

Lakers Express Interest in Shumpert and Chandler Empty Lakers Express Interest in Shumpert and Chandler

Post by bobheckler Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:47 pm

Report: Lakers Express Interest In Iman Shumpert, Tyson Chandler
Dec 15, 2013 2:53 AM EST

The Los Angeles Lakers recently reached out to the New York Knicks to express interest in Iman Shumpert and have interest in Tyson Chandler as well, according to sources.

The Lakers did not inquire about Chandler when they called the Knicks, but they are reportedly weighing whether to propose a Pau-Gasol-for-Chandler deal. No trade is imminent.

The Knicks could consider moving Chandler if J.R. Smith is involved in the trade.

The Knicks have discussed Shumpert in trade conversations with the Denver Nuggets and Toronto Raptors, according to the report.

Via Chris Broussard/ESPN

bob
MY NOTE:  This is the same rumor floated with NY for Rondo.  WHY would NYK go for this?  Shumpert?  Sure, I think they'd like to move him because there's some friction with Melo and keeping Melo is #1, 2 and 3 on their list of things to-do, but why would they look to trade a young center who was DPOY for a 33 year old player who is better at PF than at C?  Don't get me wrong, I like Pau a lot, but considering they're already stuck with the defensively-handicapped Andrea Bargnani, why would they want another offensively-oriented, defensively-soft PF/C?  How much do you want to bet this is another NY media garbage rumor, because their team sucks and they know who they want to see moved? Furthermore, then LAL would have Kaman and Chandler, two starting centers.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Lakers Express Interest in Shumpert and Chandler Empty Re: Lakers Express Interest in Shumpert and Chandler

Post by k_j_88 Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:01 pm

Clearly the Knicks are desperate. But gotta love the rumors.

Are they truly desperate enough to do something this hilarious?

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down