mrkleen09
Berlin-T
dboss
k_j_88
bobheckler
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Should The Celtics Trade For Andrew Bynum?

Are The Celtics Interested in Bynum? Vote_lcap10%Are The Celtics Interested in Bynum? Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 1 ]
Are The Celtics Interested in Bynum? Vote_lcap0%Are The Celtics Interested in Bynum? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Are The Celtics Interested in Bynum? Vote_lcap20%Are The Celtics Interested in Bynum? Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 2 ]
Are The Celtics Interested in Bynum? Vote_lcap70%Are The Celtics Interested in Bynum? Vote_rcap 70% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 10

Are The Celtics Interested in Bynum? Empty Are The Celtics Interested in Bynum?

Post by bobheckler Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:37 pm

Bill Simmons ✔ @BillSimmons
Follow
4 - Also hearing he'd consider Boston - Celts have expirings/assets to get him (if they wanted him). His ideal teams are Miami/Clips though.
8:48 AM - 28 Dec 2013

Adrian Wojnarowski ✔ @WojYahooNBA
Follow
About Bynum suspension, league source tells Yahoo: "He doesn't want to play basketball anymore. He never liked it that much in first place."
8:11 AM - 28 Dec 2013

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Are The Celtics Interested in Bynum? Empty Re: Are The Celtics Interested in Bynum?

Post by k_j_88 Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:16 pm

I voted the last option.

His knees are bad and he'll never return to what he was.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Are The Celtics Interested in Bynum? Empty Re: Are The Celtics Interested in Bynum?

Post by dboss Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:57 pm

Another freakin Bill Simmons idea.

Yes the same Bill Simmons that wants to see Rajon traded to Sacramento and Green traded to wherever.

Bynum is damaged goods on every level imaginable.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Berlin-T Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:51 pm

Much as I want a center I don't think this guy would help at all.
Berlin-T
Berlin-T

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:20 pm

Lakers Leftovers. NO THANKS.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:38 pm

If danny was to finnish blowing the team up, I could see this as a possibility..

Andrew for bass/green works (so sayeth nba realgm trade checker) and if we could yank a couple future firsts from the cavs in the deal then let lil andypoo go by January 7th...

pros of the deal:
*draft pick accumulation
* huge salary dump (we're paying over 70 million right now to some players who "may" get us into the playoffs
*gives us a lot more cap space next season to work on signing new players if that's our fancy
* makes all the folks wishing for the team to tank (of just not win a lot of games- however u like to say it) for the sake of wiggens and company much happier
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:34 pm

Poison
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:40 pm

Matty wrote: If danny was to finnish blowing the team up, I could see this as a possibility..

Andrew for bass/green works (so sayeth nba realgm trade checker) and if we could yank a couple future firsts from the cavs in the deal then  let lil andypoo go by January 7th...

pros of the deal:
*draft pick accumulation
* huge salary dump (we're paying over 70 million right now to some players who "may" get us into the playoffs
*gives us a lot more cap space next season to work on signing new players if that's our fancy
* makes all the folks wishing for the team to tank (of just not win a lot of games- however u like to say it) for the sake of wiggens and company much happier

What makes you think Danny "blew up the team"? Giving up on two over the hill players is hardly blowing things up.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:51 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:
Matty wrote: If danny was to finnish blowing the team up, I could see this as a possibility..

Andrew for bass/green works (so sayeth nba realgm trade checker) and if we could yank a couple future firsts from the cavs in the deal then  let lil andypoo go by January 7th...

pros of the deal:
*draft pick accumulation

What makes you think Danny "blew up the team"?  Giving up on two over the hill players is hardly blowing things up.

3 if you count Terry, lol.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:01 pm

So where does Rondo go, if we are "blowing things up"?

And Bradley, Crawford, Sully?

Where does rebuilding start?

RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:05 pm

Pass. Give this a wide berth actually. Don't let the stench of this idea infect Celtics Nation.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:03 pm

Touché Sam!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:05 pm

ONLY.........ONLY...........ONLY IF it was a way of reducing long term contracts significantly to allow us to do real damage in the free agent market come 2014.

I think the guy is cancer ............better yet I think the guy is nuts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:46 am

mrkleen09 wrote:

pros of the deal:
*draft pick accumulation

What makes you think Danny "blew up the team"?  Giving up on two over the hill players is hardly blowing things up.

well I said finish blowing it up,

we have a new coach and coaching staff

we have only 7 of the 15 guys who finished last season with us still on the team

I think despite whatever results might be intended by "blowing up the team" the description from the end of our season last year till now, and with the realization that more trades are quite likely between now and the trade deadline, using the term "blowing it up" seems somewhat properly descriptive.

I wasn't suggesting the team be blown up just to begin all over again from scratch. I'm saying that if danny was able to turn Bass/Green into a deal for Brynun that he could then immediately cut, trimming off millions in salary, and pick up a couple draft picks at the same time, I could see how that deal might appeal to him.

I will never hope the Celtics ever lose a game, i'm not that sort of fan.

however this season the team has 71 million on the books, while that doesn't affect me at all, I can see where the team enjoying the prospect of cutting some of that salary out for a team that has very little chance to win a title this season.

If we don't trade any of the guys we know we have coming back next season, and add Avery into the fold again with the 8 million he is asking (which btw I think he is worth) we're still above the salary cap once you figure in the additional cost of paying next years rookies. That leaves us with the trade exception (around 11 million) the LLE and MLE. Will our picks next year and the three exceptions be good enough to make us title contenders next season? I don't know,

Bass is 28, Green is 27, both are very good role players just entering the prime of their years, however Bass expires next season, and at 29 (next year) are we looking at him as being a long term part of the rebuilding process? Or does he hold more value right now, as a player we can move to obtain cap space next season and get a future draft pick out of?

The same is true of Green, despite all the talent locked in that body of his, he doesn't have the heart or mind of Peirce or Garnett, and will never be more than he is right now. If we were playing for a title right now, He'd be more valuble to us to keep on the team, but we're not in contender mode at the moment, and might not be even next year. The question is legit, does Green hold more value as a holdover with an eye to the future now, or could their be more value to the long term plans of the team to trade him for the cap space and draft picks we might get out of him?

Im not saying we should make such a deal, or that I want it or think its the best situation for us, I simply think there isa degree of merit to going in that direction and I could see something like that happening from Danny's end.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sloopjohnb Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:02 am

As a player? No way. The guy's a malevolent reincarnation of Michael Olowokandi.

As a salary dump? That I can see.

Sloopjohnb

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:15 am

Sloop....

first welcome aboard !!

As for the topic.....Bynum? A Celtic? For whatever reason ( and I can see none) I'll take a pass. If he had a "healthier" history perhaps a look but if that was the case he might very well still be a laker.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:17 am

Sloopjohnb wrote:As a player?  No way.  The guy's a malevolent reincarnation of Michael Olowokandi.

As a salary dump?  That I can see.

Sloop,

The "malevolent reincarnation of Candy Man"? That's funny.

bob
P.S. Welcome to the board. We're different from a lot of other online sports boards in that we disagree but we rarely fight.
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sloopjohnb Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:03 am

Beat and Bob,

Thank you for the kind welcome. I once posted on this board but for some reason stopped (it had nothing to do with the quality of this board). I can't recall my old screen name though.

That's what happens when you get old and crazy and your mind goes--not to mention all the screen names you use on other sites.

Took a quick read recently and I plan on hanging out here once again.

Sloopjohnb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:28 pm

Sloop,

I already welcomed you on another thread, but another welcome doesn't hurt. We hope you'll enjoy our forum enough to become a regular, even in this season of our all-too-frequent discontent. We've enjoyed Celtics success together, and we've suffered together, but togetherness pretty much defines us. Moreover, no matter how old you are, we've got ages on this board that will make you feel like a spring chicken.

All the best,

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:08 pm

Welcome, Sloop.

And any word on what Bynum did to return himself to career purgatory?

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:32 pm

Well then you will fit right in here! Welcome aboard

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by hawksnestbeach Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:32 pm

Welcome, Sloop! As for Bynum, he's the last thing we need unless we're following the scenario Matty describes. One drawback to taking him purely for dollar reasons would be the risk of poison in the locker room, but in this case, the pressure is on Cleveland to $weeten the deal. Hawk

hawksnestbeach

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:02 am

Any trade that involves Bynum and one or more of our current rotation players means that we are tanking, and we ain't, so we won't.

Is that clear?

Although . . . a Leaveland 2014 first round pick would probably be in the lottery, so Humph-Brooks or Wallace-Bogans trade for Bynum would be okay with me. As long as it is the 2014 pick and we lower current salary.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:36 am

Lakers Now
ROUND-THE-CLOCK COVERAGE OF THE LOS ANGELES LAKERS
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar says Andrew Bynum lacks commitment
print

By Eric Pincus
December 30, 2013, 5:01 p.m.

With news that Andrew Bynum has been suspended and excused from all team activities by the Cleveland Cavaliers, Bynum's former mentor Kareem Abdul-Jabbar sounded off on the ex-Lakers center.

Abdul-Jabbar gave his thoughts Sunday via his Facebook account:

I believe Andrew has always had the potential to help a team when he puts his heart into it. He just doesn't seem to be consistent with his commitment to the game. That can lead to [a lot] of frustration for any team that has signed him.

When I worked with Andrew I found him to be bright & hardworking but I think he got bored with the repetitive nature of working on basketball fundamentals day in and day out... but they are the keys to long term success.

In my opinion Andrew is the type of person who walks to the beat of "a different drummer". So we won't know the facts until Andrew decides to tell us what actually is the issue and shares his thoughts. @KAJ33
Bynum signed a $24.8-million contract with the Cavaliers this summer, though only $6 million is guaranteed. If the Cavaliers cut him before Jan. 8, they'll save approximately $6.3 million.

Former Lakers coach Phil Jackson also gave his take on Twitter.

Phil Jackson ✔ @PhilJackson11
Follow
I’m reluctant to judge ABynum’s bball intent. He is a man of many interests and has a life outside of bb, but he does like to compete.
1:44 AM - 29 Dec 2013

Through 24 games this season, Bynum is averaging 8.4 points and 5.3 rebounds while shooting just 41.9% from the field.

Bynum has been plagued by knee injuries dating back to his time with the Lakers. The team traded him to the Philadelphia 764ers last off-season in a multi-team deal that landed Dwight Howard in Los Angeles.

Howard has since moved on to the Houston Rockets.  Bynum never played a game in Philadelphia as he was sidelined with knee issues.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-kareem-abdul-jabbar-andrew-bynum-20131230,0,3153556.story#ixzz2p2WJ06tx

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:34 am

There have been conversations reported between the Lakers and Cavs in a Gasol for Bynum deal.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10220178/los-angeles-lakers-cleveland-cavaliers-talk-pau-gasol-andrew-bynum-trade

I don't understand the numbers on that could work. I also would say there's a lot more grief going on in the Lakers' locker room that we are hearing about for the Lakers to be sooo sick of Pau they'd trade him for Bynum, who is nowhere near the player he used to be. Considering that such a trade would mean that the Lakers will have effectively given up Gasol for nothing (Bynum left in the Howard deal and Howard left, so if Gasol goes and Bynum comes back that would mean that Gasol is gone for nothing in reture) that would make Laker management look really, really bad.

Personally, I think this is more just media hype. like what we've been hearing out of NY about the Rondo trades, and won't happen. Kobe's brain would explode because it would essentially signal that the Lakers are officially tanking and that would not go down well with him at all. Obviously, I wouldn't blame him a bit, I'd be furious too.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next