Vitor and Vander Assigned to Maine

3 posters

Go down

Vitor and Vander Assigned to Maine Empty Vitor and Vander Assigned to Maine

Post by bobheckler Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:56 pm

Celtics Assign Vitor Faverani, Vander Blue To D-League
Jan 31, 2014 2:45 PM EST

The Boston Celtics have assigned center Vitor Faverani and guard Vander Blue to the Maine Red Claws of the NBA Development League.

Faverani has appeared in 37 games for the Celtics this season and has recorded 4.4 points, 3.5 rebounds and 0.7 blocks in 13.2 minutes per game.

Blue has appeared in three games for the Celtics this season and has totaled five points, three rebounds and an assist in 15 minutes of play.

Via RealGM Staff Report

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Vitor and Vander Assigned to Maine Empty Re: Vitor and Vander Assigned to Maine

Post by k_j_88 Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:33 pm

I like Vander, actually. The only problem is he sometimes tries to do too much, like Brooks did at times.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:00 am

I assume the only way the Celtics could assign Blue to the D League would be to sign him to another 10-day contract first.

As for Vitor, he really wasn't doing much for the Celtics except making an occasionally good play. Just not enough of them, and a lot of bad ones. If he's to make any progress, it's not likely to be in the NBA, so time to see how he might be able to improve against lesser opponents.

Maybe Anthony will get some more playing time with Vitor gone. Not that it matters a lot to me. I'm still hoping for a center of substance to come aboard.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:40 pm

sam wrote:I assume the only way the Celtics could assign Blue to the D League would be to sign him to another 10-day contract first.

As for Vitor, he really wasn't doing much for the Celtics except making an occasionally good play.  Just not enough of them, and a lot of bad ones.  If he's to make any progress, it's not likely to be in the NBA, so time to see how he might be able to improve against lesser opponents.

Maybe Anthony will get some more playing time with Vitor gone.  Not that it matters a lot to me.  I'm still hoping for a center of substance to come aboard.

Sam

sam,

The reports are that the Celtics are undecided as to whether to offer him another 10-day contract. His first one expired Friday.

"Assigned" might be another way of saying "stick around, just not in Boston" and trying to convince him to sign a D-league contract.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:48 pm

The Celtics have decided not to sign Vander Blue to a second 10-day contract, league source tells RealGM. Chance he re-signs post All-Star.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) February 1, 2014

The NBA All-Star game is February 16, 2014. The trade deadline is February 20, 2014 @ 3pm EST. It makes sense to wait to see how many players you have on your roster after you're done wheeling and dealing for the year before signing a marginal impact player.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:21 pm

That makes sense.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net