James Young Re-Re-Assigned to Maine

4 posters

Go down

James Young Re-Re-Assigned to Maine Empty James Young Re-Re-Assigned to Maine

Post by bobheckler Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:35 pm

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasybaseball/update/25121376/celtics-send-rookie-g-james-young-back-to-d-league?FTAG=YHF8a562c3

Celtics send rookie G James Young back to D-League

by Ted Leshinski | Staff Writer
Tue, 24 Mar 2015 4:32 PM ET

After promoting James Young from the D-League on March 21, the Celtics have shipped back the rookie guard to the Maine Red Claws, the team announced.

The short stint back with the Celtics was to fill in the roster spot left vacant by guard Marcus Smart's one-game suspension.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

James Young Re-Re-Assigned to Maine Empty Re: James Young Re-Re-Assigned to Maine

Post by wide clyde Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:58 pm

I doubt that anyone (even Young) is too terribly surprised with him getting re-re-re reassigned to the Red Claws at any time for the rest of the season.

Young has not progressed as well as I thought that he would so far this season.  When he started to get some prime time minutes after the trade deadline he kind of folded and let Datome take his minutes.  Not really sure why he has not gotten significantly better since October, but when Gerald Wallace needed to reprimand Young in the press a couple of weeks ago it seems that others also think that he has not progressed as expected either.  

Young has lots of physical attributes but it is going to take more than those attributes to become successful in the NBA (which, of course, is what Wallace said).  Plenty of physically talented guys have not "made" it in the NBA.  I hope that he makes it, but I would say that there is a 50-50 chance that he also falls out of the league as just another young guy who got drafted fairly high and never figured it out.

I am pretty concerned that perhaps Young has not been listening or observing very well this year.  If Wallace mentioned his concerns about Young to the press it would certainly seem that Wallace has had that same conversation with Young (and probably more than once) this year.  It is OK to be somewhat head strong as a rookie, but not listening to the advice of 14 year, sage veterans is not a place to be head strong, in my opinion.

wide clyde

Back to top Go down

James Young Re-Re-Assigned to Maine Empty Re: James Young Re-Re-Assigned to Maine

Post by dboss Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:39 pm

Young spends more time in Maine then a lobster in a cage.

The most important thing that this kid needs to work on is his weak handle.   Even though his one trick pony act is getting zero applause, I am mostly concerned that he cannot get to any place on the court off the dribble.

The style that I see and have embraced, requires that all wing players can dribble, pass and shoot (preferably a 3 pointer)

Golden State is the model for what Stevens wants to do.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:42 am

Compared with the enthusiasm I had about Young when he arrived, my hope for him has plummeted.  The main reason is that, despite his having played 308 minutes over a variety of conditions ranging from garbage time to crunch time, I haven't seen one iota of improvement in any facet of the game.  He makes a nice play or a nice shot every once in a while.  But, so far, his best skill involves threes, and he shoots only 26.2% on threes.  I hope the kid can make great strides, but I have the names of 29 other teams with whom I'd rather he do it.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down