+3
Sam
bobc33
RosalieTCeltics
7 posters

Go down

problems with forum Empty problems with forum

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:23 pm

Is anyone else having problems with access to the forum on their IPad? I keep getting a "return to index" response when I try to sign in and bring up the classic version.
When I checked they said that formulations were no longer being recognized on IPads. I will have to find another way of getting on line on game nights. I am currently
using my husband's computer in another room.

Let me know if I am the only one having this problem.

Thanks
Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

problems with forum Empty Re: problems with forum

Post by bobc33 Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:25 pm

Hi Ros,

Working fine on my iPad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:06 am

Rosalie,

I believe there are ways we can make inquiries into technical problems such as this. I'm also getting irritated by being notified, when I try to activate half my posts, the the forum is under flood control and I should wait five seconds and try the post again. I'm hoping that the three technical gurus on the board (NYCelt, gyso or Pete) will see this and will volunteer to attempt at least to make an appropriate inquiry.

Unfortunately, the technical part has never been a strength of mine. But, if those three gentlemen are unable to jump on it right now (they're all busy), I'll do my best.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:53 am

Rosalie and Sam,

All working fine here at the office, but we're PC based.

We have an iMac and iPad at home. I'll have my wife or son try logging in when one of them gets home so we can see what the message looks like.

I'm not certain about the flood control message, and we should be able to inquire and I'll give that a shot shortly. Sounds like something that would kick in if we exceed a certain number of users or bandwidth, which should almost never be a problem.

I'll try and free up some time to take a closer look this afternoon, otherwise it will be sometime this evening after 9.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:08 pm

Sam,

I was able to find out that flood control is something that you can set that limits the number of posts within a certain time frame.  It's purpose is to keep the atmosphere civil and eliminate someone dominating a thread.  There is a minimum time between messages that you can set, but it cannot be turned off entirely.

Here's the interesting part; you and the moderators are all exempt from this rule.

How often is this happening?  We can communicate in the admin area to see if we can build a fix.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:39 pm

NYCelt,

FYI, I got the flood control message several times a couple of weeks ago, but that's been it. I didn't say anything about it at the time. Others may have experience the same thing.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:01 pm

All,

I had the flood control message one time the other day. I have seen it in the past. I believe that the powers that be may have tweaked the program last week. Hopefully they have fixed the bugs and things go back to normal.

My wife has a ipad. I will try to access the site later on it. I also have a Kindle that I can test it out on.

I'll let you know what I find.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:11 pm

NYCelt,

Thanks for looking into this. I'm on a mac, and Rosalie's problem hasn't cropped up here. Although I moderate the forum, my profile says I'm an administrator, not a moderator (which is fine with me). Perhaps that distinction explains why I'm not except from flood control. I'd rather not be exempt because, if something like that is occurring, I want to know about it.

My posting in my past two late-night Game-on Threads (the most recent game and the second game before that) actually fits the flood criteria because, for most of those games, there was no one else on those threads and there are just pages and pages of my own posts. Boring! But I've never known Outside to be a big mouth like I am.

I have received a couple of "flood" messages since those games, when I was just one of many posting on regular threads. But not at all with the frequency during those two games. I'll pay closer attention to flood messages from now on to see if there's some sort of pattern.

Thanks again,

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:19 pm

I am posting this from my wife's ipad.  I am using classic version and everything seems to be working out okay.

Gyro

(Except auto fix thinks I am a sandwich and in need of a Capitol letter.)

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:25 pm

This is using my Kindle. Other than auto fix being a problem here, everything seems to be in order.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:51 pm

Gyso,

Auto thinks you're a gyro? That's pretty funny.

Well, if Auto is German, he's misspelling his own first name.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:15 pm

Tested fine on my Mac here. I have never seen the error, but do not post as much as others. Like NY said, there is probably a server tweak, and should smooth out soon.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:47 pm

Well, whatever you did, I am on now. Thanks for all your help all of you. Sam, I am with you, I have no idea what I am doing ! Anyway, hopefully I will be around for the game tonight!

Thanks again to all.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:32 pm

Glad to have you aboard once again, Rosalie. It can get really lonely on the Game-on Thread.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:20 pm

Glad to hear it's working.  No problem on any of our Mac devices at home either.  

There have been times when a problem will crop up for a short while and seem to fix itself.  Sometimes it seems to only be with a particular operating system or browser type.  I suspect it may be at times when the programers are making changes to the platform, or perhaps automatic updates on some operating systems need a work-around written to coexist with the forum host we're using.  

Over my head anyway.  I'm just happy they keep it running so smoothly.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down