In the land of the blind -

4 posters

Go down

In the land of the blind - Empty In the land of the blind -

Post by rickdavisakaspike Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:56 pm

- the one-eyed man is king.

Remember the name: Isaiah Austin. He's 7'1, 225 lbs with a 7'3" wingspan. He rebounds, blocks shots, runs the floor, plays defense, has great lateral quickness, and excellent instincts; heck, he can even shoot from outside.

Why then is he listed on most mock drafts as a middle to late second rounder? Because he's too skinny is the politically correct excuse. The real reason is because he can only see out of one eye. Somehow, though, it doesn't seem to hurt his game. You might even say he's an inspiration to his teammates.

Once, I was hoping his team would go nowhere in the NCAA Tournament and he would sneak under the radar down to Danny's second first round pick. He's exactly the kind of player Danny has been coveting for years. See JJ Johnson and Fab Melo.

Now, unfortunately, with Austin's team, Baylor, making it into the glamour rounds of the tourney, he's going to go much higher in the draft and may not be there at number 20 or later, where ever the Nets pick winds up.

I'm writing this because I'm sad. I really, really like this young man. In addition to his physical skills, he's got every intangible in the book. As for being skinny, so was Wilt's friend Felton. He'll put on weight. It's no big deal. Whoever gets him is going to be very happy. So Danny, even though I know you're not going to read this, please, go get him, whatever it takes. Please please me oh yeah.

rickdavisakaspike

Back to top Go down

In the land of the blind - Empty Re: In the land of the blind -

Post by k_j_88 Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:05 pm

Interesting. I haven't seen him yet (probably because I don't watch as much college ball as I used to) but this certainly seems like an intriguing prospect, and we all know the Celtics need a center.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:13 pm

Someone to root heartily for, wherever he lands.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:27 pm

rickdavisakaspike wrote:- the one-eyed man is king.

Remember the name: Isaiah Austin.  He's 7'1, 225 lbs with a 7'3" wingspan.  He rebounds, blocks shots, runs the floor, plays defense, has great lateral quickness, and excellent instincts; heck, he can even shoot from outside.

Why then is he listed on most mock drafts as a middle to late second rounder?  Because he's too skinny is the politically correct excuse.  The real reason is because he can only see out of one eye.  Somehow, though, it doesn't seem to hurt his game.  You might even say he's an inspiration to his teammates.  

Once, I was hoping his team would go nowhere in the NCAA Tournament and he would sneak under the radar down to Danny's second first round pick.  He's exactly the kind of player Danny has been coveting for years.  See JJ Johnson and Fab Melo.

Now, unfortunately, with Austin's team, Baylor, making it into the glamour rounds of the tourney, he's going to go much higher in the draft and may not be there at number 20 or later, where ever the Nets pick winds up.

I'm writing this because I'm sad.  I really, really like this young man.  In addition to his physical skills, he's got every intangible in the book.  As for being skinny, so was Wilt's friend Felton.  He'll put on weight.  It's no big deal.  Whoever gets him is going to be very happy.  So Danny, even though I know you're not going to read this, please, go get him, whatever it takes.  Please please me oh yeah.

I don't think it is possible for any good to great player to "fly under the radar" anymore just too many cell phones with cameras and you tube and all to have that happen. I do remember when Red first saw Dave Cowens and was worried sick that he'd be picked before the C's 4th pick came up. Interesting to note that Cowens Florida State team was on probation and not allowed to play in any postseason tournament so at that time indeed he may have flown a bit under the radar. And guess who the next pick was after........Pistol Pete.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down