Rondo, Bass And Some Other Celtics Already Working Out In Waltham

2 posters

Go down

Rondo, Bass And Some Other Celtics Already Working Out In Waltham Empty Rondo, Bass And Some Other Celtics Already Working Out In Waltham

Post by bobheckler Fri May 09, 2014 2:07 pm

http://www.csnne.com/blog/celtics-talk/rondo-bass-other-cs-working-out-waltham

Rondo, Bass, other C's working out in Waltham
May 8, 2014, 3:15 pm

Rondo, Bass And Some Other Celtics Already Working Out In Waltham Byline-blakely-cdc

BOSTON — Celtics Nation, are you eager to get next season started already?

You're not alone.

So are the players, some of whom haven't wasted any time in making the team's practice facility into a temporary summer vacation home.

While most players on non-playoff teams like the Celtics (25-57 this past season) catch the first flight out of town to some exotic destination only to return to Boston sometime near the end of the summer, a handful of Celtics - Rajon Rondo among them - have already been in the gym working towards preparing for what they hope will be a better 2014-2015 season.

"Rondo and Brandon (Bass) and Chris Johnson and Chris Babb have all been in this week," Danny Ainge, Boston's president of basketball operations, told CSNNE.com. "Those guys have all been in working out."

And Avery Bradley is coming in soon as well.

Phil Pressey just left town last week, but will likely be back at some point this summer to work out some more as well.

While there is indeed some uncertainty as to what the future holds for all those players in Boston, it's clear that their focus - for now at least - is to do all they can to prepare for next season as a member of the Boston Celtics.

"I definitely plan to be up here a lot this summer," Babb told CSNNE.com last month. "I plan to do all I can to better myself as a player and just keep working to improve in all areas of my game."

Ainge spent 14 seasons in NBA with four different teams, so he understands all too well how important building camaraderie is to a team's chances at success.

But this time of year, Ainge said, there has to be a balance struck.

"They also need time alone and with their families, some time away," Ainge said. "They're around each other an awful lot through the course of a season."

bob
MY NOTE:  This sure doesn't sound like a couple of players (Rondo and Bass) who are expecting to be playing somewhere else next year or the year after that (when Rondo's contract expires).  I hope that whatever deals Danny makes, and the $10.3M trade exception expires 7/10 so you just know there'll be something new by then, goes down earlier rather than later so the new core can start building chemistry way ahead of camp.  Kelly and Sully should be there already, getting ready for summer league.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Rondo, Bass And Some Other Celtics Already Working Out In Waltham Empty Re: Rondo, Bass And Some Other Celtics Already Working Out In Waltham

Post by Sam Fri May 09, 2014 2:32 pm

To assuage Danny's concern about a balance between time with the team and time with family, I have a thought. Massachusets now allows same sex marriages, and .................

Agreed about the need for Danny to start the action sooner rather than later. Sooner is when you can get creative. Later is when you're confronted with leftovers.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down