If The Celtics Get a Top 3 pick, Would You Trade It For Kevin Love

5 posters

Go down

Would you trade a Top 3 pick plus players for Kevin Love?

If The Celtics Get a Top 3 pick, Would You Trade It For Kevin Love Vote_lcap0%If The Celtics Get a Top 3 pick, Would You Trade It For Kevin Love Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
If The Celtics Get a Top 3 pick, Would You Trade It For Kevin Love Vote_lcap50%If The Celtics Get a Top 3 pick, Would You Trade It For Kevin Love Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 3 ]
If The Celtics Get a Top 3 pick, Would You Trade It For Kevin Love Vote_lcap50%If The Celtics Get a Top 3 pick, Would You Trade It For Kevin Love Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 6

If The Celtics Get a Top 3 pick, Would You Trade It For Kevin Love Empty If The Celtics Get a Top 3 pick, Would You Trade It For Kevin Love

Post by bobheckler Mon May 19, 2014 12:27 pm

A couple of bloggers (Forsberg, Celticsblog) have asked this question, "would you trade a top 3 pick for Love"? There would have to be players in the deal too, probably including a 4 (a young 4 like Sully, Kelly and maybe Bass or Hump to make the numbers work) going to Minny in return.

Would you pull the trigger if it meant giving up Wiggins or Parker or Embiid?

I'm also interested if you would do the deal if our pick is #4-#8. Just because you wouldn't for one of those 3 doesn't mean you wouldn't if all you're giving up is Smart or Vonleh or Gordon or Exum. So, when voting, only take that option after you've decided against the first two choices. If you'll trade a #3 for Love you would OBVIOUSLY be enthralled to be able to do it for a #6.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

If The Celtics Get a Top 3 pick, Would You Trade It For Kevin Love Empty Re: If The Celtics Get a Top 3 pick, Would You Trade It For Kevin Love

Post by worcester Mon May 19, 2014 1:13 pm

I expect Danny will work out something with McHale whereby we keep our first early draft pick and trade other picks to the Rockets plus players for Asik. McHale then does a deal with Minny for Kevin Love. We get to eat our cake and eat it too. The Kevins reunite in Houston.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

If The Celtics Get a Top 3 pick, Would You Trade It For Kevin Love Empty Re: If The Celtics Get a Top 3 pick, Would You Trade It For Kevin Love

Post by sinus007 Mon May 19, 2014 1:46 pm

Hi,
I voted #2. But my choice is predicated (as all other trade for Love scenarios should) on KL signing an extension.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon May 19, 2014 2:46 pm

W,

I like the first part of your idea. But I'd like the second part to involve dealing with Minny for Love, even if were to involve dealing away a pick in the top three. In my book, barring unforeseen injury, Love's a known quantity at PF, whereas Sully, Kelly, Humph and Bass all have question marks of one type or another:

Sully: back issues, below-the-rim player
Kelly: short arms, strength, defensive instincts
Bass: limited versatility on offense, has he reached his ceiling?
Humph: age/wear and tear

I'd like any of the four to be on my team, and Sully's motor could outweigh his limitations and make him an Unseld-type star. But Love offers both that known quantity and a long, starry future.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon May 19, 2014 3:17 pm

Sam, Of course I'd like to get Asik and Love. I just don't know what it would take for Kevin to deal Asik, and I suspect Kevin wants Love a lot.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon May 19, 2014 3:42 pm

W,

It will be interesting to see what happens with both of those heavy timber types.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon May 19, 2014 3:53 pm

I think we could create a championship with Asik, Jabari, Rondo, Sully, AB, and kELLY. I'm sure we could create one with Asik, Jabari, Kevin, Rondo, and AB.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Mon May 19, 2014 3:55 pm

3rd option. If you don't get Embiid, Parker, or Wiggins, you may as well trade the pick.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon May 19, 2014 4:02 pm

For Love? Sure. Love conquers all.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down