Report: Celtics’ Kevin Love Trade Interest Never More Than ‘Flirtation’

+2
gyso
k_j_88
6 posters

Go down

Report: Celtics’ Kevin Love Trade Interest Never More Than ‘Flirtation’   Empty Report: Celtics’ Kevin Love Trade Interest Never More Than ‘Flirtation’

Post by k_j_88 Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:12 am

http://nesn.com/2014/08/report-celtics-kevin-love-trade-interest-never-more-than-flirtation/

Report: Celtics’ Kevin Love Trade Interest Never More Than ‘Flirtation’

by Ben Watanabe on Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 10:13AM

He showed up for one fun weekend, swinging through town, giving everyone false hope. Then he was gone. If Kevin Love visits Fenway Park again in the near future, it will not be as a member of the Boston Celtics, nor will he be as warmly embraced as he was back in June.

All indications are that Love will be traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers, for Andrew Wiggins, Anthony Bennett and a protected future first-round draft pick, once the Cavs are able to trade Wiggins on Aug. 23.

All along, this was the likely outcome, Gary Washburn of The Boston Globe wrote Friday — perhaps not necessarily Love going to Cleveland, that is, but certainly Love not ending up in Boston.

“The Celtics’ pursuit of Kevin Love was a long shot from the beginning,” Washburn wrote. “Although Love was intrigued by the idea of playing for Brad Stevens and with such a tradition-rich organization, the relationship never grew beyond flirtation.”

The Celtics lacked the “assets” necessary to offer an attractive trade package to the Minnesota Timberwolves, according to the Globe. Once the Cavs landed LeBron James and made Wiggins available, there was no way the Celtics could match an offer that included the last two No. 1 overall picks. This might only be the beginning of the bad news for Celtics fans. With so few proven, desirable trade chips on the roster, it will be extremely difficult for the Celtics to acquire a player this summer who could have an impact right away. That could mean Rajon Rondo will be traded away as soon as he shows he has fully recovered from knee surgery, or even sooner if the right offer comes along.

----

Boston has way more first round picks to offer any potential trade partner than any other team in the league. And only Wiggins is what I could consider a more viable piece. Don't sit here and tell us that Anthony Bennett is worth a lot as is.

But in the end, why waste assets on a guy that won't re-sign?

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Report: Celtics’ Kevin Love Trade Interest Never More Than ‘Flirtation’   Empty Re: Report: Celtics’ Kevin Love Trade Interest Never More Than ‘Flirtation’

Post by gyso Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:03 pm

Something is happening in the league that is not related to Rondo. So . . . .

"That could mean Rajon Rondo will be traded away as soon as he shows he has fully recovered from knee surgery, or even sooner if the right offer comes along."

gyso

Back to top Go down

Report: Celtics’ Kevin Love Trade Interest Never More Than ‘Flirtation’   Empty Re: Report: Celtics’ Kevin Love Trade Interest Never More Than ‘Flirtation’

Post by k_j_88 Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:22 pm

gyso wrote:Something is happening in the league that is not related to Rondo.  So  .  .  .  .

"That could mean Rajon Rondo will be traded away as soon as he shows he has fully recovered from knee surgery, or even sooner if the right offer comes along."

gyso

We've been getting an awful lot of rain in Atlanta lately. I guess that means Rondo is on the trading block.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:37 pm

Kj yer n Atlanta? Whereabouts?

I'm down in newnan..
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:49 pm

Northeast side, by Gwinnett.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:56 pm

Finely I got C's company!!

I'm planning on catching Boston when they are in in town again this year.. Lemme know if ya wanna join in!
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:05 pm

Thank God. We are not near the end of days. If a week had passed without at least 20 reasons offered why Rondo will be traded, I'd be worried.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:18 pm

Matty wrote:  Finely I got C's company!!

I'm planning on catching Boston when they are in in town again this year.. Lemme know if ya wanna join in!

I'll be less than a four drive away in Charlotte this season.  Sounds like a road trip if the NBA season schedule cooperates!!

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:31 pm

gyso wrote:
Matty wrote:  Finely I got C's company!!

I'll be less than a four drive away in Charlotte this season.  Sounds like a road trip if the NBA season schedule cooperates!!

gyso

Ohhhhh man!!!

I can't wait for the season schedule to come out now!! We got plans to go back out west arpund Xmas and next yrs vacation will all take place after post season... No reasons for me to miss a celtics- hawks game!!

Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:53 pm

Dboss is in Atlanta too.  And dbrown is in the Carolinas, as gyso soon will be.  I'm sensing a possible southeastern board get-together.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:41 am

How soon does the schedule come out?
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:54 am

I can fly to Atlanta from FL for a Celtics game.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:19 pm

This sounds great

As you may know KJ is my son and we live in Lilburn, GA

We could all get together and attend A Celtics game in Atl or Orlando or Charlotte

dboss is ready for a road trip!
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:10 pm

Would be cool to catch a game.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down