since we are in "what if" season.....how about this team? (warning Long)

+2
bobheckler
kdp59
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

since we are in "what if" season.....how about this team? (warning Long) - Page 2 Empty Re: since we are in "what if" season.....how about this team? (warning Long)

Post by kdp59 Thu May 22, 2014 6:42 pm

OK....I am off the Love thing now, call me jaded.

in fact I am doing a complete 180 now.

Ainge trades Rondo and Bass to Houston for Asik, Lin and Beverly.

cap space is slightly in our favor, so we are at about $57M before the Rookies .

rookies should cost about $5M the first year , so we cut Bogans and call it a wash.

Draft two player that could be ready faster due to age...McDermott and Napier.
Sign G. Vasquez for between $3-5M per
then Re-sign Bradley for no more than $6M with Bird rights

right around $67M there.

Roster:
Asik
Fav
Anthony
Sully
Kelly
Green
Wallace
McDermott
Johnson
Bradley
Vasquez
Beverly
Lin
Napier

Pressey and Babb are gone.

Asik, Sully, Green, Bradley and Vasquez are the probable starters

Kelly, McDermott, Wallace, Beverly and Lin are the top reserves.

Last edited by kdp59 on Thu May 22, 2014 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

since we are in "what if" season.....how about this team? (warning Long) - Page 2 Empty Re: since we are in "what if" season.....how about this team? (warning Long)

Post by bobheckler Thu May 22, 2014 6:53 pm

kdp59 wrote:OK....I am off the Love thing now, call me jaded.

in fact I am doing a complete 180 now.

Ainge trades Rondo and Bass to Houston for Asik, Lin and Beverly.

cap space is slightly in our favor, so we are at about $57M before the Rookies and any re-signing Beverly.

rookies should cost about $5M the first year , so we cut Bogans and call it a wash.

Draft two player that could be ready faster due to age...McDermott and Napier.
Sign G. Vasquez for between $3-5M per
then Re-sign Bradley for no more than $6M with Bird rights

right around $67M there.

Roster:
Asik
Fav
Anthony
Sully
Kelly
Green
Wallace
McDermott
Bradley
Vasquez
Beverly
Lin
Napier

Pressey is gone

kdp,

I think this might be one of the worst rosters I've seen in a long time. We'd be lucky if we won 25 games with this.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu May 22, 2014 7:06 pm

I said I was doing a 180 Bob!

LOL.

but think about it for a minute........IF we are not going to compete next season .

this roster allows us to sign a Max Free agent in 2015.

still have a lottery pick next season as well as all our other first round picks.

Last edited by kdp59 on Thu May 22, 2014 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu May 22, 2014 7:08 pm

Bob,

I was actually responding to an earlier post about trading Bass and #17 for Asik.  Whether one uses the term "surplus" or "second echelon" or some related term, the fact that, even if the money works, Bass is more of a second line player for the Celtics, and his value wouldn't somehow be elevated by Houston in a trade for Asik who has proven to be an impact player whenever he plays center.  If Bass isn't an impact player for the Celtics, he probably wouldn't be deemed to have more value by the Rockets, even if the money works.

sam

Last edited by sam on Thu May 22, 2014 7:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu May 22, 2014 7:10 pm

kdp59 wrote:I said I was doing a 180 Bob!

LOL.

kdp,

Do another one. That's 360.

If we cannot get Love or a center then Rondo may be gone since I don't know if he'll stick around for a long rebuild without any new pieces. Until then, though, he's the biggest draw we have as far as getting players like Love and Asik to come here.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu May 22, 2014 7:16 pm

bobheckler wrote:
kdp59 wrote:I said I was doing a 180 Bob!

LOL.

kdp,

Do another one.  That's 360.  

If we cannot get Love or a center then Rondo may be gone since I don't know if he'll stick around for a long rebuild without any new pieces.  Until then, though, he's the biggest draw we have as far as getting players like Love and Asik to come here.

bob

exactly...if Ainge can't or doesn't get another top line player this off-season Rondo is good as gone.

might as well do it in the off-season , rather than wait.

we force Houston to back bass' two year deal left for us taking both Asik (who we want) and Lin (who we don't at those dollars).

from Houstons' perspective Sam, it 's what they want ( Rondo makes the big three for them), hey unload Lins and Asik's high dollar deals.

we continue the rebuild, which we all know at that point is going to be more than two years anyway.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu May 22, 2014 7:41 pm

sam wrote:Bob,

I was actually responding to an earlier post about trading Bass and #17 for Asik.  Whether one uses the term "surplus" or "second echelon" or some related term, the fact that, even if the money works, Bass is more of a second line player for the Celtics, and his value wouldn't somehow be elevated by Houston in a trade for Asik who has proven to be an impact player whenever he plays center.  If Bass isn't indispensable to the Celtics, he probably wouldn't be deemed indispensable by the Rockets.

sam

sam,

Daryl Morey's opinion of what Asik was worth was rebutted decisively when the best offer he got was the one from Danny.  Morey set a deadline to trade Asik and it passed with the only sound being that of the egg landing on Morey's face.  With Asik entering his final contract year his negotiating position has eroded a bit.  The clock is ticking down until the day that he won't get anything for Asik because he'll just walk.

Bass started in 73 games this year for us and played in an ironman 82 and that's not a fluke or a product of our unbalanced roster.  The previous year, when KG was still here, he started in 69 games and played in another almost ironman 81.  That's not what I'd call "second line or echelon".  If Bass wins the starting job in Houston (his competition is Terrence Jones and Motiejunas.  Translate that to "Terrence Jones") then he wouldn't be a "second line or echelon" player there either.

Bass is not indispensable to the Celtics because we have Hump, Sully and Kelly.  When you have 4 PFs and you like them all you can "dispense" with one of them to fill a hole somewhere else and still have as much depth as any other team at 4 if not more.  That's part of our roster imbalance.  Another part is our lack of a bonafide center.  Minny's roster imbalance is that they have no depth behind Love and will have no PFs under contract, none, if he leaves.  Giving them a legit, proven starting NBA PF (i.e. Bass or Hump) is filling a hole for them just as Houston sending Asik to us fills ours. Sweetening the deal that sends a veteran with 2 years or so left on his contract with a #6 pick that turns into Randle or Vonleh means that Minny is priming the pump for when that veteran's contract expires.

We sent Crawford to GSW last year.  With Rondo still out and Pressey still learning the game was Crawford really "dispensable"?  Danny decided that he was going to clear the deck for Pressey to get minutes so he moved our only player that could realistically play point for 30mpg.  GSW needed depth at point guard behind Curry.  We both got what we wanted.

Sam Hinkie gutted his team.  Was Evan Turner really "dispensable", especially when Danny Grainger got bought out immediately?  

Different teams, and management, have different needs and goals.  That's what deals are about.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu May 22, 2014 9:58 pm

Bob,

Say it any way you wish, and my stance will not be altered. My point is that value is value, and I don't see Bass alone representing enough value to Houston (even with a draft pick) to warrant their trading Asik for him. I believe they can get better value from other teams. I actually hope I'm wrong, because then the Celts would still have plenty of trading chips to throw at Minny for Love.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2