Report: Joel Embiid scheduled to undergo foot surgery “in the near future”

3 posters

Go down

Report: Joel Embiid scheduled to undergo foot surgery “in the near future” Empty Report: Joel Embiid scheduled to undergo foot surgery “in the near future”

Post by bobheckler Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:10 pm

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/10/report-joel-embiid-scheduled-to-undergo-foot-surgery-in-the-near-future/

Report: Joel Embiid scheduled to undergo foot surgery “in the near future”
Sean Highkin Aug 10, 2015, 9:15 PM EDT

All we know about Joel Embiid is that he’s not going to play for the Sixers this season. Beyond that, details of when he’s going to undergo surgery on his right foot and what his rehab timeline will be like are fuzzy at best. But the surgery is going to happen soon, according to a new report from John Gonzalez of CSNPhilly.com, who also says that Embiid has reached out to Kevin Durant for advice on dealing with the foot surgery:

Joel Embiid has not yet undergone a second surgery on his right foot, sources close to the situation told CSNPhilly.com, however, that procedure is still scheduled to take place and Embiid is still expected to miss the upcoming 2015-16 season.

The source said Embiid also reached out to Oklahoma City’s Kevin Durant. The Thunder star underwent a bone graft on his right foot in late March. That surgery was performed at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City, home to one of at least 12 doctors the Sixers and Embiid have so far consulted about Embiid’s hyper-complicated situation.

When asked whether the surgery would occur in the next week to two weeks, once source would only say that it would happen “in the near future.” When asked whether Embiid was having second thoughts about the procedure, a second source said, no, he is not second-guessing it. A Sixers spokesperson could not be reached for comment.

This whole situation is just a bummer for the Sixers, and especially for Embiid. The former No. 3 overall pick didn’t play in his rookie season, and now he’s going to have to miss another full year with another surgery on the same foot.

bob
MY NOTE:  How long have they known about this, and he still hasn't had surgery?  Man.  Now it's looking like a tanking conspiracy with Hinkie and Embiid as the ringleaders.  Awful.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Report: Joel Embiid scheduled to undergo foot surgery “in the near future” Empty Re: Report: Joel Embiid scheduled to undergo foot surgery “in the near future”

Post by Sam Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:26 pm

I bet Danny could still get him for a few draft picks. Great value!

In case of doubt, this is sarcasm.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Report: Joel Embiid scheduled to undergo foot surgery “in the near future” Empty Re: Report: Joel Embiid scheduled to undergo foot surgery “in the near future”

Post by wide clyde Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:53 am

Actually Sam, I would not mind seeing the Celtics get this guy for a couple of draft picks.

He may or may not ever play in the NBA because of his foot, but with as many picks as the Cs have, I believe that I would gamble a couple of them and take a chance that this kid might be able to get healthy.. If healthy he could be the type of first string quality center that the team does not have yet. And, at worst, if not healthy he takes up some cap room on a rookie salary for two years and then will be gone.

wide clyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down