Dave Cowens: How I Beat The Heat

4 posters

Go down

Dave Cowens:  How I Beat The Heat Empty Dave Cowens: How I Beat The Heat

Post by bobheckler Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:59 pm

http://davecowens.sportsblog.com/

How I Beat The Heat

I know that many of you are criticizing LeBron for getting leg cramps. Your legs are capable of running and jumping, but a cramp to one of the biggest muscles in your body is no joke.

A cramp prohibits the muscle from relaxing and contracting normally, therefore rendering it inoperable. Plus, the pain alone can be crippling. I used to drink a concoction of celery juice and carrot juice along with lots of room temperature water throughout the game. The celery juice acts as a blood cleaning agent that allows more oxygen to be in the system. It helps keep your head clear when you are in various stages of exhaustion. Works better than Gatorade with all the sugar in it.

Also, I can't remember one player go out with cramps in all the games I played as a pro, even in the hot games in the Boston Garden when some players used oxygen masks during timeouts. Hey, wouldn't that be a playing enhancer nowadays. We used cold towels soaked in vinegar and water on our heads and necks to cool us down during timeouts.

By the way, the home team locker room in the old Garden was hot as well, guys. Sometimes we would have the windows open in the winter and snow would be floating in because it was so hot. Players should stop whining about the dead spots on the floor and the poor locker rooms. I played in NBA arenas that had worse floors and locker rooms like Cleveland, Chicago and Atlanta, to name a few.

I am rooting for the Spurs to win. Both teams are class acts, but I want to see total team harmony get rewarded. Where is Violet Palmer? And I see that another guard got a head coaching job in the NBA.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Dave Cowens:  How I Beat The Heat Empty Re: Dave Cowens: How I Beat The Heat

Post by Sam Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:05 pm

Dave Cowens absolutely needs to be an assistant coach, or at least a "special consultant," with the Celtics.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:07 pm

agrred

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:09 pm

I agree but, is that what he wants? He has coached and was an assistant, then walked away for a while. He has become more visible this year. It is very enjoyable to listen to his opinions while working many games this year. I wonder who sought out who? I know that the Celtics always makes it a point to keep former players involved with the team, one way or another.

It was interesting to listen to the national reporters give the Spurs credit for never forgetting their retired players. Gee, I wonder where
That theory came from.

I think Big Red will continue to be in the public eye this coming season. He is great

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:00 pm

Rosalie,

Perhaps he prefers the relative freedom of broadcasting over the regimen of coaching.  With Dave, one can never tell.  But I believe he'd make a great coach dedicated specifically to big men.  His presence would be right in keeping with the conditioning the Celtics purport to be encouraging in their players.  Also, he could show someone like Sully some tricks of the trade (things like leverage and spin moves) that could compensate for lack of height.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down