Boston Celtics Report Could Smith lead to Rondo for Kings?

+5
RosalieTCeltics
Sam
bobheckler
worcester
9 posters

Go down

Boston Celtics Report Could Smith lead to Rondo for Kings? Empty Boston Celtics Report Could Smith lead to Rondo for Kings?

Post by 112288 Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:23 am

ESPNBOSTON

The Detroit Pistons and Sacramento Kings have talked about a potential Josh Smith deal:
Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com on Tuesday that the Pistons have engaged the Sacramento Kings in trade discussions this week that would potentially land Josh Smith in the same Sacramento frontcourt as DeMarcus Cousins and Rudy Gay. Sources say that Smith being swapped in exchange for the combination of Sacramento's Jason Thompson and Derrick Williams is one trade construction that the teams have discussed. Although one source insisted Tuesday that no deal is imminent, another source told ESPN.com that the teams have continued to exchange proposals, with Williams potentially being replaced by another Kings player such as Jason Terry or Carl Landry.

Here's the interesting part for Celtics fans:
Another potential bonus [for the Kings] is Smith's close relationship with Boston Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo, whom Sacramento has reportedly been targeting in trade talks for some time. One source said that the Kings' focus, for the moment, is Thursday's draft and perhaps swinging a trade involving the No. 8 overall pick. Sources told ESPN.com's Andy Katz on Tuesday that Sacramento has narrowed its potential draft pick trade partners down to Boston, Phoenix and Philadelphia -- three teams that have multiple first-round picks.

The Celtics are exploring all possible avenues, which seemingly could include moving back early in the first round (maybe allowing Sacramento to vault a couple of spots. But Grantland's Bill Simmons has a way to turn any chatter with the Kings into a blockbuster:Here's how Sacramento could reunite Oak Hill buddies Rondo + Josh Smith. (Boston gets 8th pick as well.) http://instagram.com/p/ppOXLhidK0/

Back to top Go down

Boston Celtics Report Could Smith lead to Rondo for Kings? Empty Re: Boston Celtics Report Could Smith lead to Rondo for Kings?

Post by worcester Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:46 am

Ridiculous. Bill Simmons, take your Prozac!
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Boston Celtics Report Could Smith lead to Rondo for Kings? Empty Re: Boston Celtics Report Could Smith lead to Rondo for Kings?

Post by bobheckler Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:07 am

Garbage, I say.

Rondo has said he wouldn't re-sign in Sacto.  Would Josh Smith change his mind?  Rondo would pull his kids out of school and move them across the country for Josh Smith?  If not, then why would Rondo change his mind about re-signing in Sacto?  And the deal with Detroit is possibly including JET?  Really?  Smith may be overpriced and over-hyped but at least he can still play and has years left in him.

If Sacto guts its team for Smith then what will they have left for Danny that makes sense?

My gut tells me this is an author who is supposed to be a reporter engaging his novelist side.  Sacto is talking to Detroit about Smith, Smith is friends with Rondo, Sacto has wanted Rondo; ergo Rondo may go to Sacto.

Would Danny trade Rondo for #8 plus Isiah Thomas (5'9", can't shoot.  Sound familiar?) and McLemore (good scorer, not very good ballhandler nor defense)?  The only way I see this happening, in my opinion, is if Danny was talking to 1-5 and they told him that, in order to get their pick, Danny would have to come up with another lottery pick to send to them with #6.

Then again, I didn't and still don't believe Danny when he said, repeatedly, that he thinks this draft is over-rated.  He's not acting like he thinks it is.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:28 am

In my estimation, Simmons has slid further than any player in the draft.

I'm seriously wondering whether it's possible to wade unscathed through all the detritus of the next 24-of-so hours.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:48 am

sam wrote:In my estimation, Simmons has slid further than any player in the draft.

I'm seriously wondering whether it's possible to wade unscathed through all the detritus of the next 24-or-so hours.

Sam

Rim shot Sam. With the cymbals.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:55 am

Move the trade up to today, I can't stand all these stories. Last night all these supposed basketball genius's tripping over themselves about LeBron coming to Boston!!!!! Then I heard Jeff Green and #6 foe Wiggins or Parker.Then it was Rondo going ???????

I know there is always speculation, but I think more and more of these rumors are from supposed sports brains who think they are going to be the one who breaks the story first!

Sam, you are right about Simmons he is impressed with notoriety. I used to like listening to him, but now he just seems so full of himself.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:00 pm

I said in another thread here, that Rondo and Green for Gay , McLemore and #8 works salary wise.

Gay is on the last year of a big contract.

McLemore shouldn't be underrated as a 2 guard, IMO.

so I guess in the end would McLemore and Smart be worth Rondo and Green?

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:40 pm

I'm now officially under the presumption that almost anything can be the impetus for a Rondo trade. Stock market crash? Trade Rondo. New political party takes over? Trade Rondo. It's that simple.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:30 pm

And for the latest news, Bill Simmons is fasting until the Celtics trade Rajon Rondo
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:21 pm

dboss wrote:And for the latest news, Bill Simmons is fasting until the Celtics trade Rajon Rondo
So whichever way it goes, one problem gets solved.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:42 pm

Here's another rumor just in: Danny Ainge plans to sign Lebron James, Kevin Love, and Carmelo this summer.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:57 pm

I'm going to send this thread to Springfield as a HOF example of humorous creativity.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down