Dirk gives whole new meaning to loyalty

5 posters

Go down

Dirk gives whole new meaning to loyalty Empty Dirk gives whole new meaning to loyalty

Post by dbrown4 Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:49 pm

On ESPN page

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/11219095/dirk-nowitzki-takes-larger-pay-cut-expected-dallas-mavericks-agrees-3-year-deal-worth-25-million.

Well, I don't know if Dirk is loyal or maybe bordering on misinformed. Cuban may be the best salesman in the world.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Dirk gives whole new meaning to loyalty Empty Re: Dirk gives whole new meaning to loyalty

Post by tjmakz Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:13 pm

dbrown4 wrote:On ESPN page

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/11219095/dirk-nowitzki-takes-larger-pay-cut-expected-dallas-mavericks-agrees-3-year-deal-worth-25-million.

Well, I don't know if Dirk is loyal or maybe bordering on misinformed.  Cuban may be the best salesman in the world.  

db

All 30 NBA owners must be grinning ear to ear seeing how they completely had their way with the players during the last lockout/new CBA.
They are watching players sacrifice millions and millions of dollars to be "loyal" to their team or to play with other stars.
Sacrifices are being made by top tier players while team values and revenue continue to go through the roof.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Dirk gives whole new meaning to loyalty Empty Re: Dirk gives whole new meaning to loyalty

Post by dbrown4 Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:32 pm

That makes perfect sense, TJ. Assuming players can't wait for 2017!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:40 am

Nowitzki Rejected Max Offers From Lakers, Rockets To Re-Sign With Mavs For $25M Over Three
Jul 15, 2014 3:43 PM EDT

Dirk Nowitzki accepted a three-year, $25 million contract to re-sign with the Dallas Mavericks.

Both the Los Angeles Lakers and Houston Rockets approached Nowitzki with max offers, but he turned them down to remain with the Mavericks.

Via Marc Stein/ESPN

bob
MY NOTE:  Turned down multiple max offers for one vastly smaller.  Wow.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:02 am

Maybe Cuban has future Corporate plans for Dirk.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:13 am

I hope he got a "no-trade" clause written in to his contract. I understand that in this case, loyalty works both ways. I have seen players (on the Red Sox, I can't remember his name) sign a contract with a "home town discount" and then get traded before the first season was over.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down