SAM'S CELTIC FORUM ANNUAL FISH FRY?

+3
NYCelt
Sam
7 posters

Go down

SAM'S  CELTIC FORUM ANNUAL FISH FRY? Empty SAM'S CELTIC FORUM ANNUAL FISH FRY?

Post by 112288 Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:33 am

I know, I know its only January however you got to start planning sometime. Last summer at the beginning of August we had an informal gathering of Celtic fans in Boston. It was in my opinion and my wife, a really great time. We had a chance to meet some really great people, spend some quality time talking Celtic Basketball and life.

I know people start planning their vacations early so I am proposing that we have another "FISH FRY" in Boston some weekend in late July or early August. Boston is great that time of year for kids, young adults and us old guys alike. Love to here what everyone else thinks?

Sam?

Back to top Go down

SAM'S  CELTIC FORUM ANNUAL FISH FRY? Empty Re: SAM'S CELTIC FORUM ANNUAL FISH FRY?

Post by Sam Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:17 am

A party's always great with me. Especially if someone else would like to plan it.

But there's no one who loves parties like Bobc. Just at the mention of the possibility, he probably has his bags packed already, the dogs in the car, and a pet-friendly motel booked.

Do any out-of-towners have confirmed dates when they'll be planning to visit Boston or Cape Cod next summer?

Alternatively, maybe there is another place that would be more of a central meeting point for Bostonians and out-of-towners, while also being less expensive.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

SAM'S  CELTIC FORUM ANNUAL FISH FRY? Empty Re: SAM'S CELTIC FORUM ANNUAL FISH FRY?

Post by NYCelt Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:11 pm

Sam,

I was going to contact you on our Cape plans directly, but this will work too. We've booked that same house and are scheduled to arrive July 24 and depart July 31. If it's summer there's always the possibility of extending things earlier/later or returning!

Should either beat or I anticipate slowing down at Bob's exit on the Mass Pike so he can jump in?

Good to plan ahead. Smart thinking.

Bob, beat, Marcus,

Bringing clubs?

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:24 pm

Real early BUT
I'll certainly plan to make it! With Marcus and perhaps the wife this year!!

Always though that getting together at the HOF wold be interesting BUT with bobc the tour guide Boston was A+++

Still wondering how 1 man so young could have worked in so many different buildings.

Couldn't hold a job but could always find um.
kidding of course!!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:26 pm

Sam wrote:A party's always great with me. Especially if someone else would like to plan it.

But there's no one who loves parties like Bobc. Just at the mention of the possibility, he probably has his bags packed already, the dogs in the car, and a pet-friendly motel booked.

Do any out-of-towners have confirmed dates when they'll be planning to visit Boston or Cape Cod next summer?

Alternatively, maybe there is another place that would be more of a central meeting point for Bostonians and out-of-towners, while also being less expensive.

Sam

Road Trip???????????

Count me in!

And this year if Beat stops by I've got a second pup to bite him.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:27 pm

NYCelt wrote:Sam,

I was going to contact you on our Cape plans directly, but this will work too. We've booked that same house and are scheduled to arrive July 24 and depart July 31. If it's summer there's always the possibility of extending things earlier/later or returning!

Should either beat or I anticipate slowing down at Bob's exit on the Mass Pike so he can jump in?

Good to plan ahead. Smart thinking.

Bob, beat, Marcus,

Bringing clubs?

Regards

August 7th I can not do, any other around that month or two works fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:29 pm

beat wrote:Real early BUT
I'll certainly plan to make it! With Marcus and perhaps the wife this year!!

Always though that getting together at the HOF wold be interesting BUT with bobc the tour guide Boston was A+++

Still wondering how 1 man so young could have worked in so many different buildings.

Couldn't hold a job but could always find um.
kidding of course!!

beat

I was stable, it was my darn company that kept moving!

I was thinking HOF in Springfield would be good sometime too, though all the extras that go with being in Boston would be missing.

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:11 am

If we do this right, we can plan a whole day with things to do and cap it off with a dinner and North End dessert!

For those who would participate the whole day, I know Fenway has guided tours of the park and there are other site seeing tours as well. Or we can do our own little tour and go to some historical places on the North End and about Boston.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:35 am

Last year, we had our picture taken with Red's statue. Maybe next time, we'll convene at Red's Concourse in North Station. The Aquarium; Duck Tours, museums; checking out the sunbathing along the esplanade (I threw that one in for Bobc); walking the Freedom Trail; taking my course "Lane Changing in Reverse on the Tobin Bridge 101," Harvard Square, Quincy Market, The Boston Public Garden (Swan Boats) and Boston Common, Newbury Street.

If you're bored in Boston, brother it's time to settle down and marry the boss' daughter. (Stolen from "An American in Paris")

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:03 am

Sam

I'd love to be able to spend a couple days doing things described. Had a great time last year and a repeat would be wonderful. Of course who knows what will be going on then but I'm willing to bet we (family) could get away for a couple days anyway. ( I'm thinking by then my entire family could use a vacation)

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:29 pm

i'm real glad the planning has started ... it would be a blast to meet so many of you guys ... er, folks ! <LOL>
i usually make a N.E. trip in the summer, so if we can narrow it down in a while here, i dunno about a full day but i might could make summa it ! (how was that, Jeb ? ! <smile> )

Michael in Denver
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:15 pm

Michael,

Being in Colorado, would it be easier for you to get to Boston or to San Francisco for our April 24 party?

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:26 pm

thoughtful of you, thank you.

April likely won't work for me, though i'd look forward to hearing more about it. i work for a school system, so my time off pretty much coincides with school holidays/vacations.

in the summer Boston is where i want to visit, and i usually make a trip in the summer. my Dad's in Nashua, as are a brother and sister, and i always visit a wonderful great aunt who has a B&B on the coast of Maine near Old Orchard, right on the beach. (it's called Billowhouse, they have a website.) so it would only be a matter of getting the timing of the Fry down and hopping on a Southwest flight ...

it'd be a hoot !!!

Michael in Denver
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:54 pm

Bob 33,

I Hope you are bringing your entourage of tour guides that you unselfishly shared with us last year on Boston.com!

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:47 pm

112288 wrote:Bob 33,

I Hope you are bringing your entourage of tour guides that you unselfishly shared with us last year on Boston.com!

Just the type of guy I am.

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:06 pm

Where is the best burger at, I love burgers Very Happy
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:51 pm

i'm looking forward to the seafood, as i always am when i visit New England and Boston ...
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:00 am

Great Bob, from the picture looks like the whole gang is back! Now for a great cigar and water polo!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down