Sloopjohnb
sinus007
kdp59
gyso
steve3344
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Should the Celtics make this trade? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should the Celtics make this trade?

Post by beat Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:41 am

NYCelt wrote:
beat wrote:NYCelt

keep looking at your Avatar and wondering how the summer ball is going for Mike?

Give us an update if you don't mind.

beat

Beat,

It went well, thanks for asking.

Baseball ended last Monday and football started this Monday, the 4th, although he's still got one day of an infielders camp tomorrow.

He played on a Little League house team and also made a district travel team, while also making the local state tournament team and playing in that.  We made a pretty quick exit from the state tournament, but played in the championship games for both Little League and travel, unfortunately coming away the bridesmaid in both of those.

Michael mostly pitched and played first, with some time at short and a few innings here and there in the outfield.  On the travel team he was the team's starting pitcher in all but one game, although he missed a couple while we were on vacation.  For the most part he batted third; sixth on the state tourney team, where he was also the starting first baseman.  It was a long season with indoor practice starting back on the first weekend in January for the travel team.  

Tryouts for next year's baseball teams come up in a little over a month.  In the meantime we started football this week with the season kicking off September 7.  Don't know where we'll play him this year; he was QB, LB, DT last year, but we've moved up and he's among the smaller half of the team for this year.  Basketball starts in November, and takes us back just short of the baseball opener in April.  Fifth grade this coming year, where, fortunately, with all his other activities, he's been keeping up his enriched/accelerated math.

Pic below from a travel team game.

Should the Celtics make this trade? - Page 2 _dsc0010

NYCelt

So how are you enjoying the few days you have NOTHING GOING ON !!

Sort of know the feeling but Marcus never cared to much about football..........when he was a 6-7 YO and walking to his sisters soccer practice we had to go by the Pop Warner kids, stood and watched their practice for a few minutes, Marcus's little buddy Josh was a running back in a tackling drill and got tackled hard right in front of us. Poor little Josh didn't get up right away and when he did they took his helmet off and you could see tears, well Marcus and I moved on to the Soccer field, and on the way I asked him, " So you think you want to play Pop Warner?" I wish I had a photo of his face right then. Thus ended his football career before it ever started.

As for Mike, the stance looks great. Size in Baseball doesn't matter much. Playing smart can make up for so much. Hope he continues to enjoy it cause that makes it so much better and believe me you best enjoy every moment too cause time goes by quickly.

I'd love to take in a baseball game of his sometime, Rochester isn't that far away. What school district does he attend or will attend in HS?

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Should the Celtics make this trade? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should the Celtics make this trade?

Post by NYCelt Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:13 am

Beat,

Just let me know when.  Maybe bring the clubs too.  Between coaching baseball and football, I haven't gotten out to play this year, and probably won't.

We're in the Fairport School District ("Once a Raider, Always a Raider"), but are keeping the possibility of private school at McQuaid open for HS.  Depending on how much further the state goes with this Common Core nonsense, we want to make sure he stays challenged academically.

Speaking of school, of interest to Marcus; my nephew graduated in May from Syracuse with two outstanding offers in the technology field.  Took a great job with Fidelity.  Most of his friends in various fields seemed to be having similar success, I think thanks to strong on-campus recruiting.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:33 am

NYCelt wrote:Beat,

Just let me know when.  Maybe bring the clubs too.  Between coaching baseball and football, I haven't gotten out to play this year, and probably won't.

We're in the Fairport School District ("Once a Raider, Always a Raider"), but are keeping the possibility of private school at McQuaid open for HS.  Depending on how much further the state goes with this Common Core nonsense, we want to make sure he stays challenged academically.

Speaking of school, of interest to Marcus; my nephew graduated in May from Syracuse with two outstanding offers in the technology field.  Took a great job with Fidelity.  Most of his friends in various fields seemed to be having similar success, I think thanks to strong on-campus recruiting.

Regards

Just give me dates and times (and location) when his baseball team plays and he might be pitching, not sure about a golf outing though but a nice lunch and a drink sound good. I didn't play last year, and have played once this year.....beat Marcus in stroke play by 3 shots (he got a snowman on one hole when I got a par 4) but he beat me in match play, but like I told him who cares about match play!!

beat

Last edited by beat on Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:06 am

beat,

Sounds like a plan!

Play usually starts in mid-April, so I'll have a schedule near the end of winter.

I'll also let you know if we're going to any SU hoops, although with Michael's basketball schedule (2-4 games per weekend), those might be limited this year.

Did I just say winter?  I'm going to pretend I didn't even write that.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:55 am

NYCelt,

Wow, it looks like Michael has the hip action down cold!  He'll max out his power that way.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:45 pm

What are all these posts about little league baseball doing on this thread?  You think you Hall Of Famers can just co-opt a Celtics trade discussion and just take it in any direction you want?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Geez, the sense of entitlement that goes on here from a bunch of stuffy moderators who think they own the world.

By the way, that's a pretty good looking batting stance.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:26 pm

Thanks for the nice comments on the stance guys; I'll pass them along. The swing that flows from it has gotten pretty good.

You know, though, good point; somebody really should do something about these moderators going off on tangents! I mean they do act like a bunch of…

Oh…wait…never mind…

Did somebody say something about a trade?

NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:43 am

NY,

Your son has a nice stance at the plate, that probably means that Rondo is going to be traded.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:53 am

gyso wrote:NY,

Your son has a nice stance at the plate, that probably means that Rondo is going to be traded.

gyso

gyso,

I'm afraid so.

That, combined with the fact that Rondo was seen in Ohio at the Toledo Express Airport, would certainly confirm that a three team deal involving The Celtics and Minnesota will send Rondo to Golden State, landing us Andre Iguodala, Ognjen Kuzmic, and the T-Wolves 2nd round draft pick in 2016.

It's thought that Kuzmic may push Zeller for the center spot, while Iggy is a clear sign that Danny is not done dealing yet.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2