beat
bobheckler
steve3344
7 posters

Go down

Greg Oden wants to be unemployed Empty Greg Oden wants to be unemployed

Post by steve3344 Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:37 am

And if his injuries don't do it this sure will:

Epic NBA draft bust Greg Oden was arrested early Thursday morning after he allegedly attacked his ex-girlfriend ... TMZ Sports has learned.

According to the police report, officers arrived at the Lawrence, Indiana home of Oden's mother at 3:30 AM ... to find a woman lying on a bed and holding her face.
The report says police observed blood, swelling to the nose, lacerations to the forehead and nose area of the victim's face. There was also blood on the sofa and floor.

A woman who identified herself as the victim's best friend told police Oden punched the victim in the face.

According to the report, Oden told police, "Things got out of control and I started to go after the victim. My relative and witness tried to hold me back, but as I swung my arms to move them out of the way, then punched the victim in the face. I was wrong and I know what has to happen."

He also told police he had dated the victim for about two years, but they broke up two months ago.

Oden was taken to jail and booked for misdemeanor battery.

Oden was the first overall pick in the 2007 NBA Draft but his career has been marred by injury and he never became the player he was projected to become.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Greg Oden wants to be unemployed Empty Re: Greg Oden wants to be unemployed

Post by bobheckler Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:40 am

steve,

He will be employed soon. He'll be making licence plates for a while.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:00 am

At least he isn't in the NFL where a 2 game suspension appears to be adequate.................

Can he catch a football?

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:23 pm

Do you believe this guy? He has self imploded since he was in college. Those wonderful internet pix of him, the awful injury, the failed comeback, and now this. Who do we compare him to? I just do not understand how a guy that is supposed to be smart is so stupid.

Great mug shot by the way. Who the heck would want any part of him?

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:55 pm

Stories like this are frustrating. But we have a tendency to forget that the NBA is merely a microcosm of society; some are criminals, abusers, and others are not.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:17 pm

K.J. you are right, but it is sad that so much is given to a guy no different than anyone else. It is just that so much is expected from someone who probably has been spoon fed since his young growing up days. The fact that he had the world by the shoe strings and just lost it. 

All we in Boston have to do is look at Aaron Hernandez to see the same thing, only worse. That is a story for another day.  

Too much is given and too much is expected of people who have not given a thing to deserve it. He is just another number now.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:46 pm

Exactly, Rosalie.

It truly baffles me how guys that are on a fast track to a professional athletic career will throw it away by robbing/assaulting someone when there's countless individuals that'd do anything to be in the same position.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:35 pm

Exactly, KJ.  A microcosm of society.  Except that this particular brand of microcosm collects a lot of society's money and has a greater-than-normal responsibility to exercise restraint as an example to those who admire him (if there are no any left).  There are unusually egregious jerks in society and unusually egregious jerks in the NBA.  It's hard to believe that I was ill-advised enough to hope the Celtics could get him many years ago.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:09 am

I'm saddened to read this. The reports I've read about him previously indicated that he is a nice guy.

If this story is true, he deserves jail time.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down