+4
Sam
MDCelticsFan
jeb
LACELTFAN
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

So what....does it matter? - Page 2 Empty Re: So what....does it matter?

Post by KellyGreen17 Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:15 pm

It's funny because for most of my lifetime the Celtics have not been championship contenders, yet it's only taken 2 1/2 seasons for me to get used to them being the top dog. I'm trying to get back to the point where I'm just grateful that we have a contender to root for. I think this season has been and will continue to be a grind-it-out affair, and the sooner I adjust my expecations to that, the happier I'll be rooting them on.
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:44 pm

Kelly, in one sense you should be glad that your early life was not dedicated to a routine feeling of championship entitlement. It can definitely become a disease. On the other hand, I wouldn't have traded it for the world.

The only way I can adjust my expectations to the grinding nature of the game is to keep reminding myself how fortunate I am to be able to observe the details of the grind and how ill advised I am if I fail to take note of every one of those details. It's all part of the experience; and I feel that experiencing all the details is what makes the final outcome most meaningful.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:58 pm

Well luckily I'm a fan of the best franchise in sports, and while I wasn't around to witness much of the C's rich history, it's still alive today in folks like you who are quite willing to share your stories!

It also doesn't hurt that I'm just a big fan of basketball in general, so it shouldn't be too hard to start appreciating the games for what they are, rather than what I feel they should be. I do believe the C's will work their way out of this funk though, and I plan to do the same!
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:06 pm

Kelly, you flat out have one of the most logical minds I've ever encountered. Are you sure you're only eight years old?

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:28 pm

Well I'll be 9 in April, so it's deceiving.
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:32 pm

Touché
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:57 pm

Kelly g

You are sorely missed too. By this trooper anyway. good to see you roun here.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:30 am

KellyGreen17 wrote:It definitely matters to me. Even more so after being at the game Sunday vs. the Lakers. Laker fans should never be able to come into our house and leave feeling satisfied, it's just not right. There were far too many of them there too. It's because of the fans more than the franchise itself that I would hate to see the Lakers pass the Celtics in the banner department. (No offense to the Laker fans that post here, as I feel you are the exception rather than the rule)

Luckily Sam and friends have created this great place where we can come to talk about the ups and downs without having to deal with those awful Laker trolls. There are a lot of negative posts floating around here too, but at least I know they come from people who really care about the C's and aren't taking pleasure in our discomfort. I haven't posted much lately either, specifically because I'm sure I'll say things I'll regret once this ship is righted. I do appreciate the glimmers thread though!
Kelly- Just a part of life....Laker fans leaving satisfied....I have left the Fabulous Forum and the Sports Arena feeling pretty good about the Celtics beating the Lakers in LA,(never been to the Staples Center)...also one person's negative post is often another person telling it as he or she sees it...I don't see the harm in that...Granted the old site was littered with asinine Laker trolls and that was getting extremely irritating at times. I gotta say though, that I don't think the world will come to an end if the Lakers pass the Celtics in banners, after all in the early 50's the Lakers were the original dynasty in the NBA.
I don't really relish it but you gotta tip your cap to Dr. Buss, he knows how to win.
We are lucky, that Sam started this site. And you are quite a gifted writer for an 8 year old, by the way.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:09 am

Thanks Jeb. I've still been reading, but you know what they say, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

LA, I don't see any harm in people expressing their feelings, but there is a difference between telling it like you see it and some of the foolish conjecture that happens when the team struggles. It's all good though, my point was only that I'm better off silently weathering the storm. To each his own!

I do agree that the world will not come to an end if the Lakers pass the C's, but it won't make me happy! And yes, Buss has absolutely kept those Laker fans spoiled!
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2