Rondo Participates In Contact Drills

5 posters

Go down

Rondo Participates In Contact Drills Empty Rondo Participates In Contact Drills

Post by bobheckler Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:04 pm

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4715238/rondo-participates-in-contact-drills

Rondo participates in contact drills
October, 22, 2014
OCT 22 7:12 PM ET
By Kyle Brasseur | ESPNBoston.com

BOSTON -- Boston Celtics head coach Brad Stevens said Wednesday that injured point guard Rajon Rondo has begun participating in contact drills but is still relegated to wearing a large pad on his left hand in order to do so.

"He's progressing well," Stevens said. "He'll continue to do a little bit more in practice. Did a little bit more yesterday. Anytime that it's even close to a contact-esque drill that he's been allowed to do, he has a nice-sized pad on his hand. Still not fully fully good to go but certainly working that way."

In speaking with reporters at the Celtics practice facility Monday, Rondo said he had yet to begin practicing with contact. He noted that his hand felt fine dribbling and catching the ball but expressed skepticism toward how it would feel hitting the floor or making contact with other players on a regular basis.

He also said he wasn't looking to target the season opener Oct. 29 against the Brooklyn Nets as his goal to return, choosing to focus on the health of his hand instead.

Stevens mentioned Monday that there's a possibility Rondo could be available for opening night.

Rondo is less than four weeks removed from undergoing a surgical fixation of a left metacarpal fracture. The team initially estimated Rondo's recovery time as six to eight weeks.

bob
MY NOTE:  Take your time.  Another week or two, or even three, isn't a big deal.  It's more important that when he comes back he comes back 100% healthy and doesn't re-injure it and be out another 8 weeks.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Rondo Participates In Contact Drills Empty Re: Rondo Participates In Contact Drills

Post by Sam Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:02 am

Also, I don't believe it's fair to interrupt the current enthusiasm and progress of the younger players on the team if there's any chance any modest momentum would have to be interrupted by a focus on one player's continuing rehab on the court.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Rondo Participates In Contact Drills Empty Re: Rondo Participates In Contact Drills

Post by sinus007 Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:07 am

Hi,
Also, during the last night's game he mentioned, via AbbyC, that contact play and handling the ball is OK but he's not sure about such thing as breaking a fall.
I agree, sit additional 2-3 weeks - no big deal.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:49 pm

Sinus (and others), what is your opinion of Abby?  I think she's pretty good.  Unflappable; well prepared; asks questions that A. Sherrod Breakme could only dream about.  She seems to have an ideal personality for the job.  And, perhaps most important, she doesn't overtry to be "one of the boys" by overusing trite pseudo basketball terms.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:42 pm

Sam,
Hard to say because she always stays within her already limited role. For that alone I'd give her high marks. Also, behind a pretty face she has brains, IMO.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:38 pm

Waiting for Matty to jump in so for him I'll submit this

1. Eye candy
2. has a pretty good knowledge of the game, good interviewer.
3. Eye candy
4. Well spoken....Opposite of Walt Frazier
5 Did I mention......

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:34 pm

beat wrote:Waiting for Matty to jump in so for him I'll submit this

1. Eye candy
2. has a pretty good knowledge of the game, good interviewer.
3. Eye candy
4. Well spoken....Opposite of Walt Frazier
5 Did I mention......

beat

+1 cheers
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down