McCamey Flying Under Radar!?

2 posters

Go down

McCamey Flying Under Radar!? Empty McCamey Flying Under Radar!?

Post by sdceltfan Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:45 pm

A player I really like is Illinois' point guard Demetri McCamey. He is 6'3" and 200 pounds. A real leader who can hit the 3-pointer and is very strong. He would seem to be a perfect complement to Rondo. Don't know where he is ranked nationally, but am sure he is coming out this year, and he may fall to wherever Boston's first choice is.

He led the Big Ten in assist to turnover ratio last season as a sophomore. He hasn't gotten the press of other point guards, but he would be a fantastic team player - well coached by Weber, and a great defensive player as well.

Anyone else have anyone they feel is "flying under the radar"?

Go Celtics!! bounce

sdceltfan

Back to top Go down

McCamey Flying Under Radar!? Empty Re: McCamey Flying Under Radar!?

Post by Jerry Tarkanian Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:13 pm

sdceltfan wrote:A player I really like is Illinois' point guard Demetri McCamey. He is 6'3" and 200 pounds. A real leader who can hit the 3-pointer and is very strong. He would seem to be a perfect complement to Rondo. Don't know where he is ranked nationally, but am sure he is coming out this year, and he may fall to wherever Boston's first choice is.

He led the Big Ten in assist to turnover ratio last season as a sophomore. He hasn't gotten the press of other point guards, but he would be a fantastic team player - well coached by Weber, and a great defensive player as well.

Anyone else have anyone they feel is "flying under the radar"?

Go Celtics!! bounce

Sd,

Appreciate the heads up on McCamey and I plan on watching him in tonights Nationally televised game against Lucas and Michigan State. A strong showing against top competition will vault him up the charts....and having been coached by Bruce he will be NBA ready whenever he comes out !

Interesting side note....Weber and Izzo will have a coach's FT shooting contest pre-game...5K for each miss being donated to cancer research !!

Great pair of folks they are !
Jerry Tarkanian
Jerry Tarkanian

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Tarkanian Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:27 pm

sd,

Got the chance to analyze McCamey's game Saturday night and wanted to follow up with you. VERY impressed ! Still wish I'd had the opportunity to see him match up with Lucas (DNP) yet he displayed strength, court vision and a will to win.

Agree he'd make a fine NBA PG.

Someone to watch (and will be on national TV on Versus tomorrow night) is Darlington Hobson of New Mexico. If you get the chance I think you'll drool over the prospect of he in Green. He'll come out after 1 year at UNM.

Tark
Jerry Tarkanian
Jerry Tarkanian

Back to top Go down

Post by sdceltfan Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:41 pm

Thanks Tark, I will keep an eye on him!!

sdceltfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Tarkanian Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:44 pm

Me bad...............New Mexico versus UNLV @ 10 PM Wednesday on CBS College Sports.

I'll be there at the Mack............if you do watch check out Willis of UNLV....another PG/SG under the radar....but for 2011. He'll play as a senior for the Rebs.

Tark
Jerry Tarkanian
Jerry Tarkanian

Back to top Go down

Post by sdceltfan Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:21 pm

Tark, I guess McCamey is no longer flying under the radar. Another career game against a top 20 basketball team. He scored 27 points against a very good defensive team - Wisconsin. Against #10 Michigan State he had 23 points and 8 assists - I believe.

And, yes, Willis is a hell of a player. Saw him a week ago, and he looked really athletic and definately offensive-minded.

sdceltfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Tarkanian Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:34 pm

I was about to write you here re that game last evening....McCamey certainly has an NBA body and game......look forward to seeing more of him.

Heading over to the Mack to see Hobson and UNM tonight.....then to San Diego for the Game against the Aztecs Saturday.....then back to Florida. I'll let tou know if I see any mor 'under the radar' candidates.

Take good care,

Tark
Jerry Tarkanian
Jerry Tarkanian

Back to top Go down

Post by sdceltfan Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:35 pm

Another player I like is Andy Rautins of Syracuse. He is an emotional player, a lot of BB IQ, great outside shooter, great passer, and size. He would be a very good Celtic!!

sdceltfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Tarkanian Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:01 pm

Good call...................

Like Leonard of SDSU very much as well. Largest hands I've ever seen on any size player.

Tark
Jerry Tarkanian
Jerry Tarkanian

Back to top Go down

Post by sdceltfan Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:51 pm

Tark, Rautins reminds me of Jerry Sloan. I saw Sloan when he was playing for Evansville. That goes back to the '60s.

Sloan looked tough, and played tough. Just like Rautins.

sdceltfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Tarkanian Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:38 pm

Have only seen highlights of Rautins this season, I'll make sure to gain a whole game experience on the recommendation.

Leo Rautins I always enjoyed watching, and has evolved into a fine coach.

Tark
Jerry Tarkanian
Jerry Tarkanian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down