The Bulls Under the Radar?

+3
mulcogiseng
beat
LACELTFAN
7 posters

Go down

The Bulls Under the Radar? Empty The Bulls Under the Radar?

Post by LACELTFAN Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:35 pm

The Bulls have quietly positioned themselves to make a great run at the title. Will they
still stay under the radar now that they just beat the Heat in MIA? Watch out for the Bulls...they
are coming on strong...
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

The Bulls Under the Radar? Empty Re: The Bulls Under the Radar?

Post by beat Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:41 pm

LA

Just because the NBA media queens like ESPN and ABC ect haven't located Chicago on a map means they are underated at all.

Plus a few games ago they lost to ATLANTA and pulled a stinker to then to boot.....that happens to everyone. but I do think our moves help us match up with them a whole lot better once we get healthy!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:47 pm

beat,
I'm saying that I doubt if many of the so called experts really gave Chitown a chance to be in the finals for much of the season, I think that they have to rethink that now.
Different conference but I'm betting that many of the Laker doubters are starting to rethink things also.
I think that the most likely match up in the finals is last years match up...and if the two older bigs make it back, and the C's get their hardnose D back in gear, I think that the outcome will be different...at least I'm hopin that...
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:56 pm

I'd say for the last month or so, whenever teams with title chances are mentioned, Chicago is always on the list. I don't think they are under anyones radar in terms of competing this season. In terms of winning, mebbe, but that would put them in a category with every other team in the league except one. LOL
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:57 pm

LA

Lotta water has to go under the bridge between now and then.

As for what may happen I hope the Lakers lose every game they play and if they win and it happens to help us in the standings so be it (perhaps like today getting the Spurs one game closer to us) Can really only worry about what the C's do. They take care f business and they should be fine.

I know many have stated on here they want a rematch............not me, not once. I hope they lose in the first round 0-4. to whoever. If they are not good enough to make it to the finals so be it. same with us.

beat

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Pumpsie Green Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:32 pm

beat wrote:LA

Just because the NBA media queens like ESPN and ABC ect haven't located Chicago on a map means they are underated at all.

Plus a few games ago they lost to ATLANTA and pulled a stinker to then to boot.....that happens to everyone. but I do think our moves help us match up with them a whole lot better once we get healthy!

beat

You mean "IF" we get healthy.
Shaq is now back on the shelf with more achilles tendon pain; and JON hasn't contributed to the team the whole year. Davis has had knee pain, he stated, since game 7 vs the Lakers last year. So we now depend on Krystic as our starting center, possibly for the rest of the year.
Pumpsie Green
Pumpsie Green

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:37 pm

Pumpsie.................gotta love your optimism.

please don't change my wording I wrote it once we get not if we get.

You can look at it your way I'll kept the faith that we will end up healthy enough..............hopefully

Plus it beats having only 6 healthy players which is exactly what we would have had no moves been made.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:01 pm

We agree on at least one thing beat...I would love to see the Lakers go out in 4...but I don't see it happening...
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:28 pm

LACELTFAN wrote:We agree on at least one thing beat...I would love to see the Lakers go out in 4...but I don't see it happening...

LOL neither do I!!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Pumpsie Green Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:59 pm

Beat, all I am saying is that it is getting pretty frustrating with all the injuries we seem to be incurring. And no, I am not optimistic that Shaq will be healthy enough to help us in the playoffs. I would give that a 50-50 chance. As for JON, he hasn't helped us all year; why should we expect him to start helping us soon? And Davis has been hurt for NINE MONTHS, he said. He is going to have to play hurt for the rest of the year, I am sure.
You are right that without the trades and acquisitions we would be up the creek. I am still not sure the major trade was the right thing to do; we shall see. The proof of that pudding will be in the eating. If we can go deep into the playoffs with who we have, then it was a good trade.
Pumpsie Green
Pumpsie Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:00 am

Sigh...

I toot the Spurs' horn, saying how good they are, and the Lakers blow them out. For good measure, I say the Mavs are really good too and have won 18 of 19, and they lose to Memphis.

Send requests for anyone you'd like to receive the kiss of death to outside@eatmywords.com.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:41 am

outside

Spurs were overdue for a clunker just happened to be at home against the Lakers. And it did get us a tad closer to the best record even though I could never root for them Lakers to win.

Think the mindset of a lower playoff team or a team out of the running is that of who cares and nothing to lose attitude too which means we need to be very careful.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:44 am

Pumpsie Green wrote:I am still not sure the major trade was the right thing to do; we shall see. The proof of that pudding will be in the eating. If we can go deep into the playoffs with who we have, then it was a good trade.

This trade is already proving to be a big success. They Celtics don’t win on Friday or last night without the contributions from Green and Krstic – and as we all know, every win now is vital in the long run.

As I have said before, if we get to the ECF and Dwight Howard goes for 50 points against a crew of Boston Centers who could not control him, or if we get to Game 7 against LA and Bynum goes off – we may pine for the days of Perkins. But in both the short term and the long run, this was the right move.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:55 am

Mrkleen wrote:

As I have said before, if we get to the ECF and Dwight Howard goes for 50 points against a crew of Boston Centers who could not control him, or if we get to Game 7 against LA and Bynum goes off – we may pine for the days of Perkins. But in both the short term and the long run, this was the right move. .

Just to add would we evenn get to face Orland or the Lakers if we did not make the move with Perk? Agree the move won us the last 2 games and perhaps many more in the coming weeks. Did I like it when I heard it? Absolutely NO but now seeing an athletic long 3 and a center with a some offensive skill knowing we gave up a HURT BIG and a non fitting in 2 seems like robbery now.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:09 am

CHI is right where we want them. Go back and check their loses. In addition to losing to the top brass, they have lost an equal number of unexplainable losses to CHA twice, LAC, GSW, NJN, NYK twice before Carmelo, etc. And guess what? They have the 3rd easiest schedule here on out. That crap will continue. But they probably have a lock on 2nd.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:59 pm

beat wrote:outside

Spurs were overdue for a clunker just happened to be at home against the Lakers.
Yeah, I know, but the timing of it was just... geez. I still believe what I said about the Spurs and Mavs, but it just goes to show why I don't gamble.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down