RosalieTCeltics
bobc33
Matty
mrkleen09
sinus007
Sam
10 posters

Go down

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2015 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS Empty CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2015 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

Post by Sam Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:06 pm

I knew all the time they had it in the bag.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2015 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS Empty Re: CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2015 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

Post by sinus007 Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:44 pm

Hi,
Congrats, Pats!

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2015 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS Empty Re: CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2015 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

Post by mrkleen09 Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:55 pm

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2015 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS Title_10

Last edited by mrkleen09 on Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:55 pm

Brady has almost made amends for his choice in colleges... awesome game.. great win. Sea hawks played a great game but were just deflated at the end....

Title towns collection grows..
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:28 am

Wow, what a game and I am one happy guy tonight.

An undrafted rookie named Malcolm Butler was the hero tonight, what a story.

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:33 pm

great to be from Boston, no other town can match us.

I am finally able to breathe! Congratulations Pats, you worked hard for this and deserve it.

Goddell, you are going to eat your words yet
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:48 pm

Fun game to watch.  Well matched teams.  The very well coached Patriot machine runs on.  

Surprisingly questionable play calling at the end by the 'Hawks sure didn't hurt the Pats.

Should have spiked it to preserve a time out and then run Lynch off-tackle.  No Butler pick, and it would have been a different guy going to Disney World.

Congrats to Pats fans, but we Bills and Rex are comin' for 'ya.  Well, as soon as we find a QB and a line to put him behind...
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:26 pm

Well, you may not win a super bowl with Rex but you will get a good laugh!

P.S. WE ARE NOT AFRAID!

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:32 pm

I love the Patriots and was thrilled hoarse screaming when they won last night.

For any of you who want to shut up those irritating idiots who question Tom Brady's integrity about deflate gate, check out the following web link. It's an analysis of the situation by a physicist who understands the Ideal Gas Law and how it explains the deflation of footballs when moved from a warm indoor environment to the cold outside. Too bad most Americans are too moronic to consider science before casting aspersions and bearing false witness:

https://www.khanacademy.org/science/chemistry/gases-and-kinetic-molecular-theory/ideal-gas-laws/v/deflategate-ideal-gas-law?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Stuff%20you%20might%20like%20After%20Test%20Cohort%20Made&utm_campaign=Highlighted%20Content%20020115%20-%20List%202
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:47 pm

I find it insulting the way they have treated Brady. Did you listen to those two idiots on television last night? Collinsworth basically called Brady and liar, and Costas was not too far behind. Who the heck do they think they are? And Montana, I lost alot of respect for him when he opened his mouth about this issue and blamed Brady. What's the matter does he want Brady be tarnished so his image is still up there. He sounded like a jealous man, along with Troy Aikman. The more these guys talk, the bigger the foot in the mouth gets.

Same on the NBA for letting this get so out of control. Goddell will be a sorry guy taking on Bob Kraft without anything to prove these claims. I read on the NFL web site that there was only 1 ball not 11 under inflated. To be this is a referee problem.

This has been disgusting

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:12 pm

Spot on Rosalie.

This was two things.  

Deflection from all the negative press the NFL has gotten all season long, as instead of grilling the NFL on their poor handling of the Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson abuse cases - or all the poor retired players who are dying or committing suicide because of repeated head trauma - the media spent 2 weeks piling on the Patriots and calling them guilty for something that the league has zero evidence about.

And Goddell trying to appease the owners of the Jets, Colts, Ravens who have accused him of being in bed with Bob Kraft.

The Patriots are the best NFL franchise in history and Tom and Bill are the best QB / Coach duo by a long shot.  Brady owns every playoff passing record and with 4 wins is now on top of the hill.  Belicheck is a mastermind who has ruled the league for 15 years.

The rest of the country were all against the Patriots and they all get to eat a nice slice of humble pie this morning.  Boston is Title Town USA and it isnt even close.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:25 am

This is a great video angle on Butler's interception.  It was like he knew the play in advance.  He was moving into the slot from the snap.

Amazing anticipation.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:01 am

Bob

In an interview later he committed that he recognized the set prior to the snap and read slant, and he did so only because of the massive amount of preparation and film watching that goes with it.

Not really a Pats fan......but they are the best now, as for all time. Green Bay under Vince is still hard to top.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:48 am

beat wrote:Bob

In an interview later he committed that he recognized the set prior to the snap and read slant, and he did so only because of the massive amount of preparation and film watching that goes with it.

Not really a Pats fan......but they are the best now, as for all time. Green Bay under Vince is still hard to top.

beat

Beat,

I think Lombardi was the best to ever coach a Super Bowl champion, both in terms of practice prep and game management.

In terms of number, however, The Hoodie gets his due.  The numbers don't lie on this one, and he's tied with Chuck Noll at the top of the pile with 4.

As far as actually building the teams, and having hands on most of the operation, Noll seems to get little recognition and yet there may be a good argument for him versus Lombardi as best ever.  Noll was a thorough detail guy who built on solid fundamentals.  Some trivia; most fans either forget or don't know that he got The Steelers job after Joe Paterno turned it down.  Of course everyone is still chasing The Steelers for most Super Bowl titles.

I think Hoodie is far from done, and I'm amazed at how much he gets out of what are often considered marginal players.  He clearly is miles ahead of his peers in evaluating and placing talent, and that has to be a key ingredient in a championship coach.  I'm not a Pats or Hoodie fan either, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them both at the top of the Super Bowl wins pile one day.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:08 pm

NYCelt

Vince had 4 NFL Championships before the SuperBowl even existed, then he went out and won the first 2 of those, giving him 6 titles in Green Bay, and Considering he only coached 9 years in Green Bay. Had a 9-1 playoff record too, of course back then in the late 50's and 60's there was only 1 playoff game a year.

Perhaps when all is done for the hoodie he might come close to Vince, certainly in the Super Bowl era it is hard to find a more successful coach as him.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:59 pm

I never saw Vince Lombardi or his teams, so cant say much about him as a coach other than what I have read, which is all good.

But with the current Patriots team being built during a period of salary cap and with a team of overachievers and few stars, Bill and Tom have put together a run to rival anyone.

mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:26 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:I never saw Vince Lombardi or his teams, so cant say much about him as a coach other than what I have read, which is all good.

But with the current Patriots team being built during a period of salary cap and with a team of overachievers and few stars, Bill and Tom have put together a run to rival anyone.

The game back then was a lot different than the fast pace of todays version. A lot more running and less passing of course the receivers could be mugged anywhere on the field until the ball was in the air. Obviously not as many teams and only a 12 game schedule too. No indoor fields and certainly NO TURF. Mud bowls happened quite often.

There is a reason for it being called the Lombardi trophy.

As for the Pats, got to hand it to them. Cept for Brady virtually a steady turnover of key players. They seem to be able to find gems among the pieces of coal pretty damn often.

beat

( PS. sort of been a Giant fan since the days of YA Tittle (the bald eagle) and Frank Gifford.

Last edited by beat on Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:32 pm

My grandfather was a Giants fan until the day he died, as clearly the Pats have only been around since 1960.

mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:09 pm

beat wrote:NYCelt

Vince had 4 NFL Championships before the SuperBowl even existed, then he went out and won the first 2 of those, giving him 6 titles in Green Bay, and Considering he only coached 9 years in Green Bay. Had a 9-1 playoff record too, of course back then in the late 50's and 60's there was only 1 playoff game a year.

Perhaps when all is done for the hoodie he might come close to Vince, certainly in the Super Bowl era it is hard to find a more successful coach as him.

beat

beat,

True. I'm only talking Super Bowl, but I think you're correct to go back to the NFL and AFL title days as well.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:14 pm

MrKleen, until the Patriots started in Boston in the AFL, my Dad would take my brother into NY to see the Giants a few times. They were the team we followed, I loved watching Frank Gifford, so that dates me.

Once the Pats came here, I was almost out of school and we all bougt season tickets to watch them. Every stadium they played in got a little bigger and bigger. God bless Billy Sullivan, he was the man responsible for putting his money on the line and form this team.

We have seen some great games, this one the other night was a thriller and all I could think of was my Dad and how happy he would have been. I am sure he was was looking down watching it and cheering from up above.

It is always easy to hate a winner, especially when you are a loser. Vince Lombardi coached during a time when you had the same players for years. Those days are gone, as we have seen in basketball now.

My thinking is that Belechick is done, he will go done as one of the greats, but not the greatest. There are too many great ones he is surrounded by, and let's face it, his personality will not make people jump on his bandwagon.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down