any thoughts on Noel as a trade option?

4 posters

Go down

any thoughts on Noel as a trade option? Empty any thoughts on Noel as a trade option?

Post by kdp59 Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:04 am

Philly has the #3 and 412 picks right now, so they have a picks to get another big man to go with Noel and Embiid.

since Noel is from the area, I was wondering if he could be a trade option for us in the off-season.

Sully for Noel straight up would seem to help both teams, though I would suspect philly would want at least a future first round pick added.

Noel fits the bill as a good shot blocker (and high steals) and also seems to be a solid rebounder despite his slight frame.

would you want him?

if so, at what cost?

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

any thoughts on Noel as a trade option? Empty Re: any thoughts on Noel as a trade option?

Post by Sam Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:28 am

Is he enough better than Zeller to be the intimidator they need?  I'm not sure about the value of having two skinny centers.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

any thoughts on Noel as a trade option? Empty Re: any thoughts on Noel as a trade option?

Post by wide clyde Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:44 am

Noel is getting better as the year progresses some of his development may be hidden by the fact that his team is not very good at all.  He is still very skinny and looks to have a body that is not going to put on much muscle any time soon.  He may not be a better all around center than Zeller, but he definitely alters more shots at this time. He also struggles to catch the ball well on offense.

I guess that if Stevens was going to utilize Sullenger out on the perimeter next year I might trade him for Noel, but if Sullenger was going to be anchored much closer to the hoop (where he can be an all star) I would not make this trade to get Noel.

When considering any deal with the 76ers, if I had a choice between the two current 76ers young centers, I think that I would rather take my chances with Embiid (even though he has not played this season) if he is completely healthy because he was a much, much better offensive player when in college than Noel, is bigger and also played good college defense in the paint.

The 76ers are in position to draft yet another young, big man in this year's draft.  It will be interesting to see what they do in this instance.  If they draft another center it would make one of either Noel or Embiid potential trade bait.  If they take a wing or a point guard (which they probably should do) then there will be one more big man floating around a little deeper into the draft which could get the Celtics to trade for one of them with their pile of draft picks, etc.

Last edited by wide clyde on Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total

wide clyde

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:59 am

sam wrote:Is he enough better than Zeller to be the intimidator they need?  I'm not sure about the value of having two skinny centers.

Sam

If we are going on the right now, Z wins, but based on potential Noel wins, and as been mentioned, surround him with our hustle and coaching. He could be very very good for us. It is only his true first year in the league and he is young. If the price is right I'd deal.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:15 pm

so what is that right price, beat?

I said Sully and a future first rounder, would make me move on him.

while we're at it, what if the Karl/Cousins marrauge ends in divorce this off-season?

shoudl Ainge go after Booger( I mean Boogie)?

at what price, if so?

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:25 pm

I have no clue what to offer......... hate to see Sully go but to get something you need to give something and we have done well since he got hurt.... him and a first ??? I'd do it but the first should be one that is protected or one that is obviously not going to be a lottery pick. Or him and a couple seconds???

As for Cousins.........ew boy that is an enigma ( and we thought Rondo was ) Cousins takes it to a whole new level but man he would bring exactly what we need in the middle, some how though I doubt he walks.

beat

Last edited by beat on Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:40 pm

I think Cousins and Karl will break up, but likely not until next seasons trade deadline. of course Cousins and his agents (who apparently dislike Karl) could push the issue this off-season.

I am on record and saying I prefer Ainge to go all in for DeAndre Jordan this off-season. However I fear that the Clippers will match or beat any offer her gets and he stays in LA.

Cousins would be the next BIG FISH, IF he's availible somehow. I too am torn on him, but he was playing very well for Malone, before the chump owenrs fired him this year.

they would probably want too much for any deal to make sense though, but Sully and a first rounder this year and another in two years would amke me jump on it.

BTW, in any deal I talk about moving Sully, I assume Aineg re-signs Bass to pair with Kelly at PF.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down