after all the trade rumors, my favorite option.

4 posters

Go down

after all the trade rumors, my favorite option. Empty after all the trade rumors, my favorite option.

Post by kdp59 Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:16 am

as we count down to the deadline, my favorite deal to move the Celtics forward.

Al Horford from Atlanta

sending them Amor Johnson (contracts match) Dallas ' 2016 first round pick and T'Wolves 2016 first (which we all know will end up being a 2016 second rounder and future second rounder from them).

I do think Horford over Amir move the needle some for us as team this year and could push us to the second best team in the East THIS year.

I also think he would re-sign with us (and YES he is going to cost north of $20M per year, get used to it in an expanding cap) and we still have both the Nets lottery pick come draft day and as much as $18M in cap space to sign our own or other FA's.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

after all the trade rumors, my favorite option. Empty Re: after all the trade rumors, my favorite option.

Post by wideclyde Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:25 am

I also like Horford enough to give up one of the first round picks this year and any second rounder even though I am not a huge fan of taking guys who are not signed beyond this year.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

after all the trade rumors, my favorite option. Empty Re: after all the trade rumors, my favorite option.

Post by kdp59 Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:17 pm

I should have noted that I also felt it might be a deal that the Hawks may actually take, IF they do feel they will not pay Horford top dollar next year and he walks.

also IF there really is some talks going on about Horford coming to the Celtics, then the supposed chat he had with Thomas this weekend falls into place.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:50 pm

Horford is a UFA after this year.  Amir is on a team-option contract next year.  If Horford leaves then we gave up Amir, whom Danny would likely keep, and picks for a 2-3 month rental.

If I was Danny I'd like to hear from Horford's agent that he would be inclined to re-sign with the Celtics before I did this deal.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:04 pm

From Horford's angle

I would assume he wants to win. Atlanta seems to have peaked and are they actively looking to improve (this is all in his eyes not ours)

Even with him I doubt we can win a championship certainly not this season BUT he's gotta think we have a shot of getting to the east finals. And then getting perhaps another key player FA or draft???

Seems he is friendly with IT. That can't hurt.

Only a couple days to go and Danny has show a willingness..................to wait almost until the coach (not Stevens) turns into a pumpkin.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down