If someone told you the current C's line-up...

4 posters

Go down

If someone told you the current C's line-up... Empty If someone told you the current C's line-up...

Post by Shamrock1000 Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:29 pm

I can't get enough of this team. No stars, all heart. But, I have to be honest... if you had told me the current C's line-up at the beginning of the season and asked for my thoughts, I would have assumed they were tanking, not inching toward the 6th spot (I know, I'm dreaming in regard to catching the Bucks..,). What a ride.

Furthermore, whether it was luck or savvy, Ainge has done a masterful job. Think about IT and ET's contracts - absolute steals! Bradley's contract also looks mighty good now. Throw in Bass, Zeller and Crowder at their more than reasonable contracts, and Marcus' potential - Ainge has assembled a pretty solid cast at a ridiculous bargain.

Finally given the Celtic's success (and the deserved positive press) coupled with a super smart young coach, we should be attractive to intelligent free agents (the kind we want). Things are looking bright....

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

If someone told you the current C's line-up... Empty Re: If someone told you the current C's line-up...

Post by Sam Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:53 pm

I'm proud and happy to say that I never, for even a tenth of a second, considered that this team would tank this season.  I never believed it could be in the DNA of Danny, Brad, or the team.  I wasn't at all certain how well or poorly they'd perform over the course of the entire season because I anticipated roster turnover and the discontinuities that sort of thing can cause.  But I inherently knew that any poor results on their part would have nothing to do with lack of effort on the part of anyone throughout the organization.  And—speaking only for myself—to have hoped for them to lose would have made me much less of a true fan of the Celtics.

Because of the prolonged and uncertain state of flux affecting the team, I didn't issue my usual, "See me in April" admonition.  Which was ill-advised on my part.  Because guess what month this is, and guess what team could very possibly be playoff bound and—even better—is playing a brand of basketball that's really a load of fun to watch.

Go Celtics!

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

If someone told you the current C's line-up... Empty Re: If someone told you the current C's line-up...

Post by Shamrock1000 Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:11 pm

Sam,

I am also fundamentally against tanking for a gazlillion reasons - most pertinent is "the way to get better is to get better". Unlike you, I was not so sure Danny felt the same way (see trades of Rajon Rondo and Jeff Green- Brad and the rest of the team are another story). The thing that i find so satisfying is the fact none of the C's players were on the "experts" radar. Who would have thought Jonas and Gigi would be contributing to a play-off run. I also think IT was significantly undervalued. Bradley has more than lived up to his contract. Zeller seems like a steal. And Crowder - come on!. What is interesting to consider is how much Brad had to play in the emergence of these previously ignored players...

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:19 pm

Most of us expected fireworks, even DA alluded to it. Thought there might be some before the season even started, but not much...... then the fuses were lit. (and I don't think there has been a dud yet)

And like all firework displays there is a grand finale, just not sure when that is going to happen.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:08 pm

don't you guys think that once Ainge saw he couldn't get another "star" player here this year, that he went to plan B.

to me, plan B was getting rid of Rondo and Green (and anyone else that had trade value) to get Stevens Type of players here.

once Stevens had players that all bought in to his system, the team started to jell. and like Stevens' teams at Butler, they play above their talent level.

Ainge is now building this team more like Atlanta than the Miami Heat/Cleveland "star" teams.

at least that what it appears to me right now.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:49 pm

kdp,

Good summary.  Seems logical to me.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down