Keep hope alive or how Boogie ends up in green and I learned to like the draft.

3 posters

Go down

Keep hope alive or how Boogie ends up in green and I learned to like the draft. Empty Keep hope alive or how Boogie ends up in green and I learned to like the draft.

Post by kdp59 Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:03 am

a Denver, Sacramento and Boston three team trade AFTER the start of the new cap year.( and how Dannys draft starts to make sense).

Kings trade:-----------------------Kings get:
Cousins (14.7M)------------------Zeller ( 2.6M)
Collison ( 5.0M)------------------Lawson ( 12.4M)
J. Thompson (6.4M)------------ Faried ( 11.2M)
------------------------------------2016 First round pick from Boston
Kings have $57.4M in salary on the books before the trade w/ #6 pick W. Cauley-Stein at $2.8M.

Nuggets trade-------------------Nuggets Get
K. Faried (11.2M)----------------- A. Bradley (7.7M)
T. Lawson (12.4M)---------------D. Collison (5.0M)
----------------------------------------J. Sullinger (2.3M)
---------------------------------------2016 First round pick Cleveland (via Boston)
Nuggets have $61.8M in salary before the trade w/ #7 pick E. Mudiay at $2.6M

Boston Trades----------------------Boston Gets
T. Zeller ( 2.6M)-------------------D. Cousins (14.7M)
J. Sullinger (2.3M)-----------------J. Thompson (6.4M)
A. Bradley (7.7M)
2016 first round pick  (Boston)
2016 first round pick (Cleveland)
Celtics have $44.8M in salary before the trade w/ Both first rounder at a combined $2.5M

Karl and the Kings get Lawson and Faried , who have played on playoff teams for Karl before.

Kings roster after this trade: ($57M in salary)
T. Zeller
W. Cauley- Stein
K. Faried
C. Landry
E. Moreland
R. Gay
B. McLemore
N. Stauskas
T. Lawson
R. McCallum
D. Stockton

Kings have $9M in cap space left.
O. Casspi, A. Miller, R. Evans, R. Hollins are all UFA’s who can be resigned, even if going over the $66M cap.

Denver starts it rebuild with younger and lower paid players who can more easily be traded later.
Nuggets Roster: ($53M in Salary)
J. Nurkic
J. Lauvergne
JJ. Hickson
J. Sullinger
D. Gallinari
W. Chandler
A. Bradley
G. Harris
E. Mudiay
D. Collison
R. Foye
E. Green

Denver has $13M in salary room to add another center and/or SF.

For the Celtics, Ainge gets his star big man to help take the next step (of course you have to feel Cousins is that guy).
Celtics roster  ($53M in Salary)
D. Cousins
J. Thompson
K. Olynyk
J. Mickey
J. Crowder- RFA $5M
E, Turner
G. Wallace
M. Smart
I. Thomas
T. Rozier
J, Young
RJ Hunter
P. Pressey

$13M in possible Salary cap room.

Ainge can resign Bass ($7M) and Jerebko ($4.5M) and keep his cap flexibility and Trades exceptions OR renounce all cap holds and use the $13M to sign other free agents.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Keep hope alive or how Boogie ends up in green and I learned to like the draft. Empty Re: Keep hope alive or how Boogie ends up in green and I learned to like the draft.

Post by Shamrock1000 Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:27 am

Would definitely do this trade. The problem might be why Denver would make this trade; they are basically only getting role players and what will essentially be a 2nd round pick

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Keep hope alive or how Boogie ends up in green and I learned to like the draft. Empty Re: Keep hope alive or how Boogie ends up in green and I learned to like the draft.

Post by tjmakz Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:36 pm

Boston does not have Cleveland's 1st round pick next year. 
They gave it up to get IT. 

If Sacramento wanted the #2 pick this year plus Randle and Clarkson (which is absurd) I don't think this is nearly enough for Cousins.

If we learned anything from the draft on Thursday night it is that teams don't value future draft picks as much as we might think they do.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:10 pm

tjmakz wrote:Boston does not have Cleveland's 1st round pick next year. 
They gave it up to get IT. 

If Sacramento wanted the #2 pick this year plus Randle and Clarkson (which is absurd) I don't think this is nearly enough for Cousins.

If we learned anything from the draft on Thursday night it is that teams don't value future draft picks as much as we might think they do.

OK, never mind.

Laughing

change the Cleveland pick to our own pick to Denver (which balances the trade more in favor of Denver and send the Kings the Dallas pick in 2016 (1-7 protected) and one of our 5 second round picks.

Kings may have WANTED #2 and Randle and Clarkson ( a rookie and two NBA backups?) but it didn't happen. Cousins will be none to happy to suit up for Karl with the Kings now. so ONE will have to go.
If the owners fires Karl less than six months after hiring him, he'll be more of a laughing stock than he is now.

Faried and Lawson are much better match for what Karl wants to do, whish is break the record for wins by an NBA head coach, than Randle, Clarkson and hope.

Maybe the lakers can get Love or Jordan instead .
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:25 pm

I doubt Randle or Clarkson are backups.
The Lakers have almost said that Randle is untouchable.
He has lost 20 lbs, his mid range shot looks smooth and he has great ball handling skills for a PF.

The Lakers will probably wait to see if Sacramento lowers their price.
I think LA is confident that they can and will sign one of the major free agents.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:48 pm

you may be correct about Randle, but after playing 14 minutes in the NBA today no one really knows for sure. I would assume he does become a NBA starter at least. he will always have those short arms like Kelly though.

I think you would agree that Clarkson is more of a NBA backup on a good team, rather than starter though. which isn't bad at all for where he was drafted.

I am leaning to DeAndre Jordan being the new big man there right now.

Love really makes no sense IF Randle is going to be the starting PF and I think Aldridge to SA is about as much a given as Monroe to the Knicks, once FA'y starts.

of course I would have taken any bet Thursday morning that Ainge would never pick two guards in he first round of the draft...so what do I know!!

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:57 pm

The last time it was documented, Randle did not have short arms like Kelly. His wingspan is 7'0".
Kelly's is shorter than that and he is 3 inches taller.

I don't know about Clarksons full potential.
I really like his offensive game.
Derek Fisher was an average at best player and he won 5 titles as a starting pg.

I'm hoping the Lakers sign Aldridge. I don't know if there is a favorite team out there to sign him, but if these rumors are true, he has some interest in playing for the Lakers. If Aldridge wants to win now, he might sign with SA. But how long is their window open? Prob not more then 1 year.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down