Crowder is Back

+2
wide clyde
BaronV
6 posters

Go down

Crowder is Back Empty Crowder is Back

Post by BaronV Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:20 am

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/2015/07/02/reports-jae-crowder-returning-celtics-for-five-years-million/OswSdcE95IgdPrkfbIjqoJ/story.html?p1=well_Sports_subheadline_hp

Jae Crowder and the Celtics have a good thing going, and the restricted free agent small forward has reportedly agreed to a five-year contract to stay in Boston.

Shams Charania of RealGM was first to report the news, which was later confirmed by Adam Himmelsbach of the Boston Globe. Crowder is set to make $35 million over the life of the contract.

Crowder averaged 9.5 points and 4.6 rebounds per game after the Celtics traded for him last December. His defense and ability to play the power forward spot in small lineups made Crowder a key piece in Brad Stevens’ rotation last season.

A bit of an afterthought in the Rajon Rondo trade, Crowder quickly emerged as the best asset exchanged between the Celtics and the Dallas Mavericks (Boston also acquired Brandan Wright, Jameer Nelson, and a first-round pick that is top-7 protected until 2019). Dallas expressed some remorse for trading Crowder, reportedly trying to sign him back before the Celtics closed the deal.

Crowder’s deal cannot be signed official until July 8th, per NBA rules.

-V

BaronV

Back to top Go down

Crowder is Back Empty Re: Crowder is Back

Post by wide clyde Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:24 am

I am thrilled to have Crowder back. He has "it" and may have been THE major cause in the Cs turn around last season after his arrival.

Only more great things coming from this young guy as we shoot for 50 wins this next season.

wide clyde

Back to top Go down

Post by BaronV Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:32 am

Agreed. He and IT were my favorite players to watch last year.

-V

BaronV

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:18 am

Danny signs Johnson and Jerebko to, what are effectively, 1 year deals with a team option for a second year, but signs Crowder to a 5 year deal.

I think that speaks volumes to how Danny thinks Crowder fits into our future. He, and Brad and Bradley, all got longterm deals.

I'm glad Crowder got this deal. If he stays healthy, he's our Draymond Green.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:34 am

wide clyde wrote:I am thrilled to have Crowder back.  He has "it" and may have been THE major cause in the Cs turn around last season after his arrival.

Only more great things coming from this young guy as we shoot for 50 wins this next season.

When I hear that someone posses "It" I always think of the word Duende which was used by a writer for the Boston Globe many years ago. Some famous athletes and people had it, some did not.

I'll bet Sam can expound on Deunde and who it was that used it at the Globe.

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:31 am

no more cap space now. Danny will have to trade for any additional players. also no traded player execptions here anymore either now. so any players traded here will need off-setting or near salarys.

actually we may have as much as $2M still left under the cap, so there is some slight wiggle room.

we also have 18 players now, counting all four rookies.

I don;t like the Amir Johnsons signing, as I think it's way high for a player only slightly better than Bass. BUT, Ainge has set the team up to be able to bring in TWO MAX players next year.

with Johnson, Jerebko both non-guaranteed ($17-18m)
and with wallace's deal expiring ($10m)
and the rise in the cap ($15-20m?)
Turner UFA- ($3.4M)
Zeller and Suly RFA ($4.8M)

we could have as much as $50M or more in cap space.

well we'll have fireworks this weekend anyway....and maybe next year...

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:32 am

kdp59 wrote:no more cap space now. Danny will have to trade for any additional players. also no traded player execptions here anymore either now. so any players traded here will need off-setting or near salarys.

actually we may have as much as $2M still left under the cap, so there is some slight wiggle room.

we also have 18 players now, counting all four rookies.

I don;t like the Amir Johnsons signing, as I think it's way high for a player only slightly better than Bass. BUT, Ainge has set the team up to be able to bring in TWO MAX players next year.

with Johnson, Jerebko both non-guaranteed ($17-18m)
and with wallace's deal expiring ($10m)
and the rise in the cap ($15-20m?)
Turner UFA- ($3.4M)
Zeller and Suly RFA ($4.8M)

we could have as much as  $50M or more in cap space.

well we'll have fireworks this weekend anyway....and maybe next year...

kdp,

Why no more TPEs?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:02 pm

kdp,

Ditto bob's question.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:18 pm

Crowder's deal is a straight 5 year, $35M contract.  All guaranteed,  no options for either side.

$7M/year for a young, quality, multi-position player with no history of chronic injuries and who we know fits in the system is a good deal. Locked in for 5 years with the cap about to explode is highway robbery. Good job, Danny. Buy his agent a nice fruit basket.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down