Rondo to the Kings

+3
Sam
steve3344
7 posters

Go down

Rondo to the Kings Empty Rondo to the Kings

Post by steve3344 Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:03 pm

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/03/report-rajon-rondo-agrees-to-one-year-9-5-million-deal-with-sacramento-kings/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

We won't be seeing any more playoff triple-doubles from him for awhile.

And with a one-year $9.5 millon deal he didn't exactly get max money which was being discussed less than a year ago. He shot himself in the foot so bad it's a miracle he has any toes left.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Rondo to the Kings Empty Re: Rondo to the Kings

Post by Sam Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:42 pm

Sad case.  And it's a stretch to imagine that the Kings represent a really good opportunity for him to make a comeback.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:48 am

The attitude killed him.

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:54 am

I don't feel sorry for him, if Cauley-Stein is everything he's supposed to be, he could be something like a Joakim Noah, now if they have Rudy Gay, Cauley-Stein and Cousins on that frontline....that team and Rondo could thrive, Gay would be an all star in the EC, he is everything we wish Jeff Green could have been. It took Chris Weber years to get IT, Demarcus Cousins is a load, if he can figure out what it takes to win, with his 24-13....with the right chemistry, who knows?

That team on paper is way better than us.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:37 am

Gee

We are feeling sorry for someone about to make $9.5 mill.

If Karl is willing to let him run the offense I would expect to see his numbers improve.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by wide clyde Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:15 pm

Rondo is still a 'slow down' type of point guard even if he has been blessed with outstanding physical skills. Perhaps it is because that is what he was trained to do when with Pierce, Garnett and Allen, but he will have to pick up the pace to be a good point guard in the western conference.

And, yes, I also do not feel any too sorry for him in any way even if he were making minimum wage.

wide clyde

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:09 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:I don't feel sorry for him, if Cauley-Stein is everything he's supposed to be, he could be something like a Joakim Noah, now if they have Rudy Gay, Cauley-Stein and Cousins on that frontline....that team and Rondo could thrive, Gay would be an all star in the EC, he is everything we wish Jeff Green could have been. It took Chris Weber years to get IT, Demarcus Cousins is a load, if he can figure out what it takes to win, with his 24-13....with the right chemistry, who knows?

http://deadspin.com/predictably-in-just-24-hours-the-kings-plans-have-gon-1715587877

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:13 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:I don't feel sorry for him, if Cauley-Stein is everything he's supposed to be, he could be something like a Joakim Noah, now if they have Rudy Gay, Cauley-Stein and Cousins on that frontline....that team and Rondo could thrive, Gay would be an all star in the EC, he is everything we wish Jeff Green could have been. It took Chris Weber years to get IT, Demarcus Cousins is a load, if he can figure out what it takes to win, with his 24-13....with the right chemistry, who knows?

cow,

Good thing they don't play the games on paper, huh?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:54 pm

bob but don't they do that with all these analytics and advanced stats?

in NY they are blasting Phil Jackson because he doesn't use the analytics and they are saying the Triangle is outdated, doesn't work and the game has passed him by.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:03 pm

steve3344 wrote:

http://deadspin.com/predictably-in-just-24-hours-the-kings-plans-have-gon-1715587877

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:05 pm

Good luck, Rajon.  I'll never forget (and neither will Tommy) that half-court bounce pass in transition during your very first Celtics exhibition game.  At that moment, you became my then-favorite Celtic, and I'm not prone to rash decisions.  And you remained my favorite for a long time.  You definitely carved out a niche for yourself in Celtics history (including being part of the championship team), and it's memories such as those that should take precedence over anything else.  I hope you and your kid(s?) have a blast at the Railroad Museum in Sacramento.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down