Brandon Bass sign with the Lakers.

+2
gyso
international
6 posters

Go down

Brandon Bass sign with the Lakers. Empty Brandon Bass sign with the Lakers.

Post by international Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:48 pm

Celtics free agent forward Brandon Bass to sign with the Lakers, a source told Yahoo Sports

Report: Brandon Bass to sign with Lakers

CSNE

After four years with the Celtics, forward Brandon Bass will be signing a deal with the Los Angeles Lakers, according to multiple reports.

Yahoo's Marc Spears first reported the news Sunday night.

Celtics free agent forward Brandon Bass to sign with the Lakers, a source told Yahoo Sports
— Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) July 5, 2015
Shortly after, the Lakers announced they will be signing Bass and Lou Williams at the conclusion of the NBA Moratorium Period.

Bass played 82 games last season (43 starts) and averaged 10.6 points, 4.9 rebounds and 1.3 assists per game.

Since joining the Celtics in 2011, the 30-year-old Bass averaged 10.6 and 5.5 rebounds per game.

international

Back to top Go down

Brandon Bass sign with the Lakers. Empty Re: Brandon Bass sign with the Lakers.

Post by gyso Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:57 pm

Marc J. Spears
@SpearsNBAYahoo

While free agent F Brandon Bass has agreed to sign with the Lakers, a source said his deal is work in progress. @BobbyMarks42 understands.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/2015-nba-free-agency-tracker-001329692.html

Back to top Go down

Post by international Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:02 pm

Gyso
Boston cant make a sign and trade with the Lakers for Jordan Hill?I think they don't have his rights.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:12 pm

What rights are you talking about, International?  I think a sign-and-trade for Bass would be in the cards only if the Lakers want to outbid other teams for Brandon's services.

I'm sorry to see him go, and I know he'll give the Lakers his very best at all times.  I just hope his steady, non-Showtime brand of basketball will be appreciated by the Lakers and their fans.

Good luck, Brandon.  What an incredible role model you were for this team.  You will always rank as one of the Celtics (along with Ed MacAuley and Danny Ainge) I was sorriest to see leave the Green.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:22 pm

international,

I don't know anything about Jordan Hill. I think the Lakers declined his option and that made him an unrestricted free agent.

He played for the Lakers for 3 years, maybe they still have his Bird rights. Is that what you meant?

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:37 pm

Jordan Hill is a solid player. I think he'd be an improvement over most of the current bigs.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by international Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:51 pm

Gyso
That's exactly what I mean.I thought that when a team renounce the option with a player cant make a sign and trade with him.But you know about it much more than me.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:03 pm

international,

I am not sure, but it sounds possible. Read this:

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q91

"A sign-and-trade deal can be made with a free agent who has been renounced, as long as all the above criteria are met . . ."

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:29 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--lakers-to-sign-brandon-bass--could-trade-nick-young-003359688.html

Sources: Lakers to sign Brandon Bass, could trade Nick Young

By Marc J. Spears and Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo Sports

Free-agent forward Brandon Bass has agreed to sign with the Los Angeles Lakers, a league source told Yahoo Sports.

The terms of Bass' contract are still a work in progress because it is pending other Lakers deals, a source said. The Lakers have been aggressive over the weekend, agreeing to deals with Bass and Toronto Raptors free-agent guard Lou Williams and negotiating a trade for Indiana Pacers center Roy Hibbert.

As the Lakers work to clear cap space to sign free agents and absorb Hibbert's contract, Nick Young is a strong candidate to be unloaded, sources told Yahoo Sports. The Lakers are finalizing details to acquire Hibbert, and there remains a possibility Los Angeles could send a player to the Pacers in the agreement, sources said. The Lakers and Pacers had agreed on a future second-round pick as compensation for Hibbert and his $15.5 million 2015-16 salary getting absorbed into Los Angeles' salary-cap space.

The Lakers are exploring trades for Young, Ryan Kelly and Robert Sacre. Sacre and/or Kelly are possibilities to go to Pacers, sources said.

Young and Ryan Kelly and Sacre very much on block...Sacre and/or Kelly are possibilities to go to Pacers in the Hibbert deal.

Bass, 30, averaged 10.6 points and 4.9 rebounds while playing in all 82 games for the Boston Celtics last season. The 10-year NBA veteran played for the Celtics the past four seasons.

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:40 am

I thought the Celtics were going to keep him..

Good luck to Bass. Solid team player.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:06 am

dboss wrote:I thought the Celtics were going to keep him..

Good luck to Bass.  Solid team player.

Dboss

dboss,

Probably nobody on this board has been a stauncher supporter of Brandon Bass than I.  I coveted him when he was in Dallas, was pissed at Danny when he didn't grab him when he went to Orlando and was quite happy when he came here for Big Baby (with nothing against Davis).  This puts a lot of pressure on his replacement, Amir Johnson.  He has some pretty big shoes to fill, in my admittedly pro Bass-o-matic eyes.  Maybe it came down to Johnson being willing to take the, what amounts to, one-year contract, which frees up cap space next year, while Bass wanted more years.  We won't know why until we see Johnson play after he has had a chance to settle in or until next year when his contract option isn't picked up by Danny and Danny uses that money on someone else.

Good luck to Steady Eddie, except when they're playing the Celtics and the Warriors.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:00 am

Bob

Amir can stretch the floor but Bass just started to take and make three pointers.

You can see the emphasis on getting more perimeter scoring.

I think Bass was a casualty of this change.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down