Comments From The Other Side - Vegas Summer League - vs Sixers - Game 2

2 posters

Go down

Comments From The Other Side - Vegas Summer League - vs Sixers - Game 2 Empty Comments From The Other Side - Vegas Summer League - vs Sixers - Game 2

Post by bobheckler Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:10 pm

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2015/07/comments-from-other-side-vegas-game-2.html

Watching, because I’m pretty sure if Marcus Smart puts up more than 11 points, he’s getting his own celebratory calendar day in Boston.

Would like to see Hunter get some more minutes tonight.

DeMarcus Cousins sitting courtside of Kings’ summer league game with Vlade Divac. Coach George Karl sitting in stands on other side of court  (MY NOTE:  That's not body language, that's body screaming)

No reason to stay up and watch this game. Can't put myself through another bricklaying demonstration from from Jakarrbage.

No Okafor
No Stauskas
No McConnell
No McRae
No Tokoto
Wtf, we're tanking Summer League games now, too?
(MY NOTE:  You're a Sixer fan, tanking is all you know and should expect)

R.J, Hunter is able to take any shot that he wants with Jackson guarding him. Really demonstrating the defensive challenges that would arise with him playing in the NBA given the new trend in tall point guards. Might get a chance with the Sixers, but if RJ Hunter is able to take any shot that he wants I shiver to think of him guarding the other PGs. Only one he stands a defensive chance against is a short PG like Thomas, but 6’’0 PGs are becoming few and far between.

So we have a young team, but need vets to teach Okafor whereas Boston has a young team, and is going to develop their players? I’m confused.

Forget the game let’s just show Adam silver’s head for 2 hours

Who chooses the Sixers player for summer league? They back ups are horrible. Should have brought back Medium dog

That Rozier is a blur Crazy speed for a dleaguer

Oh Rozier is the Cs first round pick this year I was wondering why I was seeing an NBA player on a court full of scrubs. That explains everything.

Yes looked good in the last game they played against us….super quick….IDK have not seen him tonight?

I love Rozier. Gonna be better than any of the other 17 C’s backcourt guys.

Jackson diagnosed with cut lip. Out for season.

Why are the announcers gobbling up brad Stevens and the Celtics roster full of 6th men?

It’s the C’s broadcast, they have no choice but to live in ignorance.

Argh…My big big pet peeve is producers who show announcers interviewing coach (Brad Stevens i.e.) etc. While game is on, even split screen. I don’t need to look at them. Don’t care if they talk but show the game even if it sucks.  (MY NOTE:  First thing they've said I agree with)

Game turning out to be GUARD play Boston gonna win that everytime…

Why do these idiots think I need to watch people being interviewed instead of the actual game?

Air balls the new stat.

No one really talks about R.J. Hunter’s hair. It’s not weird, but it’s interesting to look at  (MY NOTE:  Sam and other great minds think alike)

Boston is lucky we let them out rebound us…..we felt sorry for them and left our bigs home.  (MY NOTE:  Our "bigs" in summer league is 6'10", 220# Buckner, 6'8", 240# Mickey and useless 6'11" Sampson.  Who'd you "leave home"?  Noel?  Then we "left" Zeller and Olynyk home?  It's summer league, numbnut)

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Comments From The Other Side - Vegas Summer League - vs Sixers - Game 2 Empty Re: Comments From The Other Side - Vegas Summer League - vs Sixers - Game 2

Post by Sam Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:01 pm

Agreed about the interviews.  Just call the game and otherwise shut up except maybe at halftime.  With unfamiliar numbers, those of us without 108-inch screens can use some help identifying players.  Comments like, "There's an air ball" are meaningless.  We can see it's an air ball. Who the hell shot it?  TV announcers are too conditioned to be lazy because they assume the audience can see everything.

If you're at a game and you didn't catch the number of a guy who made a particular play, you can visually follow him all over the court until you see his number.  In a fast-moving game, with our view limited to what the camera's showing, that's not necessarily the case.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down