Rondo & Westbrook Should Be in 2012 Summer Olympics!

4 posters

Go down

Rondo & Westbrook Should Be in 2012 Summer Olympics! Empty Rondo & Westbrook Should Be in 2012 Summer Olympics!

Post by MDCelticsFan Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:28 am

Rajon Rondo & Russell Westbrook should have a place in the 2012 Summer Olympic Games. Not necessarily as basketball players for Coach "K", but as sprinters and as 2 of our 4 men on the 400 meter relays. it wouldn't matter which one started and which on concluded. The USA would be assured of Gold in either category. With Rondo's leaping ability, he could also enter the 100 meter hurdles!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Rondo & Westbrook Should Be in 2012 Summer Olympics! Empty Re: Rondo & Westbrook Should Be in 2012 Summer Olympics!

Post by beat Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:55 am

With all due respect they probably would be left in the dust if they stepped on an Olympic track.

They are fast but no lightening BOLT(s)!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Rondo & Westbrook Should Be in 2012 Summer Olympics! Empty Re: Rondo & Westbrook Should Be in 2012 Summer Olympics!

Post by gyso Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:47 am

MD,

I have to agree with beat. I was a hurdler in high school and took a turn at it in college as a walk on until the shin splints got the better of me.

Leaping ability has nothing to do with the hurdles. The ability to get over the hurdle with the least wasted motion was the goal. Its a sprint with a little hitch every so many steps. I loved to compete against someone who jumped over the hurdles because every second he was in the air was a second that he wasn't running.

Rondo's leaping ability would translate to the jumping events, like the triple jump, long jump, high jump. What do they all have in common? Jump.

BTW, I hated the pole vault. I would end up about 10-12 feet in the air with the pole between my legs, thinking, "What's next?"

gyso
gyso
gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:52 am

I train at a facility where a lot of the best track&field athletes in estonia trains.

It is amazing to see there strive for perfection in technic but a lot of them are also scary strong for their size.

They do a lot of olympic lifts for explosive power and they sure can move some weight. Track&field people are some of the most "dedicated" athletes, they put so much work into bettering one small detail.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:32 am

If the clock had 3.1 seconds left and Bolt had to catch Rondo going coast to coast for the throw down, Bolt woould be eating Rondo's dust-Especially if Banner # 18 was at stake!-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:46 am

MDCelticsFan wrote:If the clock had 3.1 seconds left and Bolt had to catch Rondo going coast to coast for the throw down, Bolt woould be eating Rondo's dust-Especially if Banner # 18 was at stake!-MD.

That would only happen in Planet MD!! There is no way that Rondo could dribble the ball and run as fast as a world-class sprinter who just has to run. Rondo could have a head start and Bolt would still catch him.

On the other hand, if Bolt had to dribble the ball and run, he would probably trip over his own feet and Rondo could catch him easily.

It is a completely different skill-set and one doesn't translate to another without hours and hours of practice.

It is like Bron saying he could be a linebacker in the NFL. He may have the body mass, but his reactions and instincts would not necessarily put him at the top of that craft.

gyso
gyso
gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:09 pm

GYSO

You are absoluely spot on about the hurdles. although I only ran distance our real good hurdler use to put bottle tops on the hurdles, and practice clipping them off without touching the hurdle. Staying as low as he could.

Bolt could run circles around these guys wether they have a ball or not. What is a court about 100 feet long and bolt runs 3 times that in a little over 9 seconds.

BTW I wish LBJ would go to the NFL and be a tight end.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down