beat
bobheckler
Sam
RosalieTCeltics
jeb
14 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

here we come-pp for real the capn dominates - Page 2 Empty Re: here we come-pp for real the capn dominates

Post by bobc33 Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:11 am

Jeb,

"The glow is spreading" I like that expression and it is true for me too. We are winning, but the fact there is renewed fire and effort encourages me the most.

The fact we have a deep bench is quite important too. I'm hoping they keep up the good play and the team can go into the playoffs with much more in the tank than last year.

Back to top Go down

here we come-pp for real the capn dominates - Page 2 Empty Re: here we come-pp for real the capn dominates

Post by jeb Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:12 am

steve 33

I know I get too touchy hippie feelie but damn man their body language is that of a team that EXPECTS to win right now. The cap was all over the court tonight.

I shouted when he took that charge. The d will be there cause that is their focus but damn yall if we score like that we are going to be tough.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:22 am

bobc

Got to throw somethin out there to combat bobhecks ganas!
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:24 am

steve3344 wrote:
jeb65 wrote:Gents and rosie and kellyg

Paul Pierce was the best player on the court again tonight. He is finishing above the rim. He is getting calls and just deadly from all over the court. His late three broke the Mavs very strong back.

This is very god news for us.

The other thing I noticed tonight was pp taking a charge and celtics diving for loose balls. 48 minutes of hellish defense. Davis has great hands and is using them to wreak havoc on the glass. The big three are playing at an 08 level BECAUSE THEY ARE RESTED AND THE BENCH IS HANDLING THEIR BUSINESS.
We were down 4 in the 4th late and instead of wilting executed our offense got great looks and stops and steals. We just wore them down with depth, effort and balanced offense.

This is a serious turnaround. I am surprised. The effort is growing. The glow is spreading. Good damn timing.

Jeb

27-11 the last 8:15. Very impressive against a team that had won 14 of 15 and playing in their building. Pierce has been a man possessed the last three games. When he plays like that this is a championship team if everyone else is healthy.

most impressive game by Pierce all season,did it both ends and in crunchtime,who saw this coming a week ago? I didn't

Last edited by cowens/oldschool on Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:26 am

Great game!!! Look at the box scores, everyone of the starters involved in one way or another! Garnett had a great defensive game, he is alive!!!!!
Reports of the demise of the Boston Celtics have been greatly exaggerated.
I told you, never, ever give up!

My biggest problem with this game is the fact that the ref's would not send
Garnett to the line. He was manhandled down low and they just wouldn't call it. Anyone breathe on Dirk and he was at the line. Such disrespect I can't stand. It was mostly the same with PP, but he is forcing them to give him the calls. Watch for Garnett to be next.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:26 am

cow

they didnt score in the last two minutes!
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by NESportsfan12 Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:29 am

The captain is back. Thank God. I love watching this guy when he plays well. He fights with the best of them.
NESportsfan12
NESportsfan12

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:29 am

Rosie t

The big three are looking fly. And your boy Ray is a stone killer. Fresh legs! In this instance I dont know if doc will be able to shorten the rotation much come playoff time. Low minutes = BIG 3= sustained effort for 48.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:42 am

Aren't you glad they didn't trade him?????????? I know I am.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:50 am

rosie t

I got a kick out of watchin him school kevin martin the other night.

I notice the big three are interacting more and kg and pp really have it going together. When that happens ray gets good shots because a. the ball is moving and b. the other teams d has to respect everybody...pick your paper cut.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:59 am

Cow,

They've still got a long way to go, but continuity is working wonders for them, pretty much as hoped.

Doc's still experimenting with combos, but I particularly like the fact that he's not letting the game play him. For example, he didn't panic and yank the bench at the first sign of a Mavs incursion. He said he really wanted to get the starters a rest, and he was determined not to bring them back until the Cavs lead got to six. And, when it got to six, he did bring them back, and they were sufficiently rested to overpower the more fatigued Mavs.

Combine a basically gifted team with sufficient continuity and coaching that knows when and how to take advantage, and good things usually happen.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:01 am

doc out generaled rick tonight.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:48 pm

Sam, I've been very critical of Doc in the past, being the unprofessional viewer of sporting events that I am, but it's amazing how much better a coach Doc has become now that Paul and KG are healthy and playing well.
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:40 pm

It is amazing what good health will bring to a team as talented as the Celtics!
Old or not, they will be a force to be dealt with.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:47 pm

rosie t
You have been consistent in your optimism. Sit back and enjoy the surge. They are really lookin good.

Ray says it and I think it is true you can judge the ball movement by the amount of good looks Ray gets...if the passing is crisp so is Ray.

Howd you like to guard that guy? He never stops moving.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:53 pm

He reminds me of another guy who played for the Celtics and was my all time favorite--John Havlicek. He ran all over the court, driving the opposing players crazy. They used to say that he had big lungs, because he never got tired of moving! Ray is drives the opposition crazy himself. Look at Butler last night, he never got his game going because he spent so much energy guarding Ray.
That is the beauty of having someone like him on your team.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:03 pm

C's looking good! I love the fight in them. I was watching Game 7 vs. Cavs from the '08 season yesterday and I've seen the same kind of fire they had back then in these past few games. Keep it going boys!

I've also been really impressed with the defense of the bench lately. It's been negated a little bit because they've had some issues scoring, but they've been really active and aggressive on D. Now when the starters are coming back in, they are picking up right where the bench left off, only they have a much easier time scoring.
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:52 am

kelly
I saw that game again too,forgot how off Ray was in that game,he couldn't buy a bucket,Rondo and Perk also threw up alot of bricks......amazing how much Pierce had to carry us in that game,really really amazing game by the Cartain.Any fairweather fan who doubts Pierce's abilities and heart should take a look at that game.
cow

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:54 am

well we ran into a buzzsaw tonite...that damn Okur just killed us and Deron Williams is a grown assed man.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:33 am

Would have liked to see Doc but Tony Allen on Williams and use all 6 fouls HARD.

Guy was running over Rondo and getting every call....talk about home cooking.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:52 am

mrkleen09 wrote:Would have liked to see Doc but Tony Allen on Williams and use all 6 fouls HARD.

Guy was running over Rondo and getting every call....talk about home cooking.

thats what a few of us said on game on thread

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:13 am

Kleen

Williams initiated the contact every time. He DID "run over" Rondo...that was as bad as nba officiating gets. I had the utah feed and in the first half the homer announcers just would not quit whining about the refs but they were very congatulatory to the same refs in the second half.

Anyway after Davis caught that high elbow in the nose we didnt have an answer for Okur and he killed us. Deron killed us all night and is really tough. I wish they'd display a tenth of that toughness agin the Lakers. they just wilt every time.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:59 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:kelly
I saw that game again too,forgot how off Ray was in that game,he couldn't buy a bucket,Rondo and Perk also threw up alot of bricks......amazing how much Pierce had to carry us in that game,really really amazing game by the Cartain.Any fairweather fan who doubts Pierce's abilities and heart should take a look at that game.
cow

cow, I had the same observations. It was strange seeing a non-aggressive Rondo. He's so much better now. There was a stretch in the 4th Q of that game where you could see a little bit of a power struggle between Rondo and Paul. Paul was hot and wanted to bring the ball up the court but Rondo was yelling at him to give him the ball. I didn't notice any problems between them as the season was in progress, but it definitely shows the growth that both of them have had since '08. Ray had such a rough time in the early rounds of those playoffs, he didn't heat up until...Pistons? Or was it Lakers?

Watching that game made me miss Eddie.
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:14 pm

This is the one problem Rondo seems to have, point guards with superior physical ability. He just can't handle these bigger point guards the way he should. This is something Doc is going to have to deal with. Maybe putting PP on him for a while would have slowed him down. My biggest problem with this game last night was that they just looked tired in the second half. Perk had no lift in him, and they all just wanted to do it from outside. The calls just weren't going their way in the second half the way they were in the first. You think the ref's looked at the score sheet at half time and decided to even it up?????? Not a nice accusation, but........
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:26 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:This is the one problem Rondo seems to have, point guards with superior physical ability. He just can't handle these bigger point guards the way he should. This is something Doc is going to have to deal with. Maybe putting PP on him for a while would have slowed him down. My biggest problem with this game last night was that they just looked tired in the second half. Perk had no lift in him, and they all just wanted to do it from outside. The calls just weren't going their way in the second half the way they were in the first. You think the ref's looked at the score sheet at half time and decided to even it up?????? Not a nice accusation, but........

rosalie,

I mentioned on the game on thread that I expected the refs to even it up in the second half. Boy, was I right!

bob

/
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next